• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
  • my computer isnt letting me access it.
    If you can give any information (what happens, screenshots, error text), then it will be much easier to solve the problem.
    Also, in Windows default message boxes, you can press ctrl+c to copy the whole error.
    It will be pasted in the format:
    ---------------------------
    Error Title
    Error text
    OK [or other buttons]

?foʀeveʀFTW¿

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
  • [Window Title]
    Microsoft Windows
    [Main Instruction]
    Progam to change Maps, Events, WildePokemon Data and the WorldMap on Pokémon R/S/E/FR/LG. has stopped working
    [Content]
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
    [Close program][[

thats it ^_^

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • [Window Title]
    Microsoft Windows
    [Main Instruction]
    Progam to change Maps, Events, WildePokemon Data and the WorldMap on Pokémon R/S/E/FR/LG. has stopped working
    [Content]
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
    [Close program][[

thats it ^_^

This is the standard Windows Message if the Program crashes -_-
    What version of Windows do you use?
    AdvanceMap is designed for Win2000, Win XP, Win Vista

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
  • frustrating problem

You need to connect forwards and backwards.
    For example, if you had 2 maps, connected only to each other in left-to-right order, you would need to set the connections for the map on the left to connect to the one on the right, but then you would also need to connect to the map on the left from the map on the right.

I have set the connection from both maps. still getting the glitch.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2008
    Hello i need some help one how to make a newly made character talk because at the moment i try to talk to the character and it freezes, how do i get the character to say something? and i was also wondering how do you make new houses?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Hello i need some help one how to make a newly made character talk because at the moment i try to talk to the character and it freezes, how do i get the character to say something? and i was also wondering how do you make new houses?

to make a character talk, you must create a new Script (with a script editor[ScriptED, XSE or an other]) and insert it.
    Than add the offset (of the script you inserted) to the Script field of the event in AdvanceMap.

To make a house, you have to create and insert a new map, with the right tileset numbers. And than insert a warp on the town and in the hous, and link them.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • how do you "define a script editor?"
    The best thing to do when getting a new program is to explore ALL menus, shortcut keys and toolbar buttons.

It's in the Settings menu.

But still, follow my advice and explore the program - you'll find a lot more than you imagined.
    Also, try Help->Readme for more information on hotkeys. Namely look at the part with the niftier features like middle-click or the big block function (in program, it's called grosser Block, german for large block).

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I just want to let you know that if A-map didn't exist, I definitely wouldn't still be hacking.
    However, that fortunately isn't the case. Not only does A-map exist, but it has all these
    extra features! A-map isn't just a map editor.... it's the ultimate hacking tool!
    How did people map edit without it?

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • One question which may sound dumb

What do you do to make wild pokemon appear like in a cave?
    Wild pokemon tab, then click "expand" and check the box that says "grass"
    (for grass or cave), "water" (for water lol), "Trees" (for rock smash),
    and "fishing" (level 15 and under= old rod, 15-30= good rod, 31+=Super rod).
    Then you should be able to select it from the drop-down list,
    and a few slots should appear. Fill them in anyway you want.
    Don't copy&paste the pokemon names, or else they won't appear.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back