• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
  • how do I write stuff on the new signs I put up

Edit: Also I can't get the map shots saved in a format that can be uploaded online.

You have to use a script editor to make the signs say something.

Advancemap is great! I just have a question about it.
    When you insert a a new map into a new bank youve made does the program look for free space and put it there? or does it write over other data?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • how do I write stuff on the new signs I put up

Edit: Also I can't get the map shots saved in a format that can be uploaded online.

What do you mean with "format that can be uploaded online"?
    You can export a Map as an Image: Tools->Save Map Picture
    or can export the Mapdata so an other one can import it in his Rom: File->Map...->save Map as...

You have to use a script editor to make the signs say something.

Advancemap is great! I just have a question about it.
    When you insert a a new map into a new bank youve made does the program look for free space and put it there? or does it write over other data?

There is a option Settings->Automatically look for Offsets.
    This option is set for standard.
    So AdvanceMap will search for Empty space automatically.

If you want set the Offset AdvanceMap save the data, you can disable this option, and AdvanceMap will show You the "FreeSpaceFinder" as you can open it with the "Find" button in the Toolbar.

greetz LU-HO

PKMN101

Likes custom titles
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2009
    I have a serious problem.

I'm hacking Pokemon Leaf Green.

I created a new map bank and map. It's 43.0 for me. I redesigned route 1 and put a cave there. I use a walk through walls AR code to get to the cave since you'd need surf to get there and this is the beginning of the game that I'm testing out and editing. I have looked at other cave maps and saw how their warps have been positioned from entrance to exit and I make the entrance from route 1 and exit from the cave to look exactly like other maps and yet there are a bunch of errors.

Route 1 is fine when I enter the cave.

Once I get into the cave, I can't get out normally. Whenever I press down in any part there's the little white arrow pointing down but I can't exit. When I put the walk through walls code back on I can exit but the map gets glitched and I go to Pallet Town rather than the entrance at route 1.

Here are some screen shots of the errors and such.

CAVE ENTRANCE *Route 1*
    [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

CAVE ERROR 1

CAVE ERROR 2

MAP ERROR 1 ONCE EXITING THE CAVE

Years
  • I have a serious problem.

I'm hacking Pokemon Leaf Green.

I created a new map bank and map. It's 43.0 for me. I redesigned route 1 and put a cave there. I use a walk through walls AR code to get to the cave since you'd need surf to get there and this is the beginning of the game that I'm testing out and editing. I have looked at other cave maps and saw how their warps have been positioned from entrance to exit and I make the entrance from route 1 and exit from the cave to look exactly like other maps and yet there are a bunch of errors.

Route 1 is fine when I enter the cave.

Once I get into the cave, I can't get out normally. Whenever I press down in any part there's the little white arrow pointing down but I can't exit. When I put the walk through walls code back on I can exit but the map gets glitched and I go to Pallet Town rather than the entrance at route 1.

Here are some screen shots of the errors and such.

CAVE ENTRANCE *Route 1*

CAVE ERROR 1

CAVE ERROR 2

MAP ERROR 1 ONCE EXITING THE CAVE

The problem showed in the 2nd pic may be caused by using a similar(in fact the appearance is same) block...There is a special block for the first block of the entrance. When you face down and stand on this block, an arrow appears.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • The problem showed in the 2nd pic may be caused by using a similar(in fact the appearance is same) block...There is a special block for the first block of the entrance. When you face down and stand on this block, an arrow appears.

some one make this picture on a German page, it show exactly was roywillow say ;-)

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • I haven't had a chance to check all pages since the release of 1.92, but whenever I try to open something in AdvanceMap, the dialog box won't work. Any ideas?

"the dialog box won't work" how do you mean this?

is it also like this with a clean rom? with a older Backup?

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • Hey Lu-Ho! Amazing tool, absolutely essential for hacks, and it is awesome that you're putting so much effort in if for us.

Unfortunately, I've hit a problem - I'm sorry if it's been mentioned before, but I skimmed through the thread a few times and found nothing. There's a specific map that I'm trying to insert, and it works perfectly in Advance Map, with scripts and all, but when I try and enter the map in-game, the game restarts. After this, if I open up the file in Advance Map, only not all of the maps are there. It claims that the map does not exist.

I am using AMap 1.92, as I thought the problem was the resizing one you mentioned in the first post, but it still doesn't work.

I've had this problem too, my solutions are:

re-insert it
    or
    if you are editing an existing map, re-make it and DO NOT shrink the map as that can happen, the resizing bug that was fixed was for EXPANDING the map, and NOT for shrinking them, Although it doesn't happen every time you shrink a map, it happens enough to be annoying...

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Hey, I found some free space in the ROM and made a new map. However, whenever I enter the map, I get a black screen. The game still works (The music still goes) but I can't move or anything...

on which offset do you insert your map? does the offset end on 0,4,8 or C?
    if not, than this is the problem.

i would try to reinsert/overide the map in same Bank.Map position.

cyberzero

New Hacker. Fast Learner.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    I've had this problem too, my solutions are:

re-insert it
    or
    if you are editing an existing map, re-make it and DO NOT shrink the map as that can happen, the resizing bug that was fixed was for EXPANDING the map, and NOT for shrinking them, Although it doesn't happen every time you shrink a map, it happens enough to be annoying...

I've reinserted countless times, and it still hasn't worked. I've actually expanded the map, so that can't be the issue. I honestly have no idea what it is. It keep restarting the ROM and the maps are being deleted. I have no idea what to do =/

I've placed it in different banks and everything, but it just won't let me go. The restarting issue has held this ROM hack up for about a month now, while it was otherwise going at a very fast pace. Now I can't do anything.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    if i wan't 2 open a script it says:"no script editor defined"
    ??i have a script editor from the mewhack tools.
    how can i open it with advance map???

isildur4

near-hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    i cant open my roms in advanced map
    do they have to be .ini files? cause i can't find .ini roms, i have .bak and .sav and .sgm but when i go to select it it says
    "No Map header was found for the current ROM! Make sure all '.ini' files are located in the INI file. Another reason is that your ROM could be corrupt. Please try it again with another ROM!"

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • i cant open my roms in advanced map
    do they have to be .ini files? cause i can't find .ini roms, i have .bak and .sav and .sgm but when i go to select it it says
    "No Map header was found for the current ROM! Make sure all '.ini' files are located in the INI file. Another reason is that your ROM could be corrupt. Please try it again with another ROM!"
    ROMs are .gba files. The one's you have tried are most likely saves.

isildur4

near-hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    so where can i get some ".gba" roms then becuase all i can find are ".zip" roms ....

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • if i wan't 2 open a script it says:"no script editor defined"
    ??i have a script editor from the mewhack tools.
    how can i open it with advance map???

Settings -> choose script editor

i cant open my roms in advanced map

-_- read the Error Message!!!
    it say that you don't have extract the ini-files, came with AdvanceMap-Package, correct...
    Extract the WHOLE advanceMap.zip-file including the directory structure!
    and you can open the gba-files.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back