• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Religion Survey

Religion?

• Christianity

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Islam

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Judaism

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Wicca

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Shinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pastafarian/"Parody" Religion

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Atheist/Agnostic

Votes: 35 46.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
Years
  • I am not religious, so I picked Atheism/Agnostic. I don't like classifying myself as an Atheist though, because it's still a title. I have no faith. I don't believe. End of story.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Well, my family follows Buddhism.
    But, I'm not really certain about my own religious views. So, let's just go with that for now.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Wow, I'm surprised to see so many Christians. I thought I was really the minority here. lol

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I am a Muslim and indeed proud of it because it gives me a real sense of identity, a sense of direction and a true meaning to life. I really do feel blessed to have found Islam as my path to God.

Khengi

Nostalgic Trainer
    Years
  • It all depends. I'm Christian but not a 'proud' Christian. Christianity is simply the belief in Jesus and the afterlife (Heaven and Hell). Faith plays a large role as well, but when you really look at it, Jesus' teachings resembled Buddhism in a lot of ways (and I assume he came first, even though he was quite far away from where Buddhism originated, meaning that both originators were on the right track).

Certain religions give you a sense of 'I'm doing good for my God', which resembled how Knights felt serving their King. Everyone wants to be part of the greater good.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • Let's just say I'm an "nonreligious" Catholic.

In shorter terms, I have been baptized, yet I haven't done my First Communion or whatever that thing you do is called, and I rarely go to Church..

I'm aware that it doesn't really sound too right.. aha
    -sigh-

ConPO

I am the Catalyst
    Years
  • I feel so lonely. I'm the only Jew on the forum apparently. lol

You're fine. There are probably more who haven't seen this topic yet.

As for me, my family are not religious at all. I want to believe that there's some place I'm going to go after I die, but that's highly, highly unlikely. I want to believe, but I just can't. I chose Atheist/Agnostic, but as I've just read, these don't mean the same thing.... anyways, I don't believe in a God, or a higher power.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I'm a Christian and proud of it. I go to church most Sundays, but sometimes I think it's kind of boring and I'm lazy. D: But I am Christian. ;)

Bologna

One might call me "hip"
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    I'm a Christian, more specifically a Catholic, though I don't agree with all of what Catholic's tend to believe.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • I'm agnostic. I don't like to pretend that I know everything about the universe, and that includes the presence of a higher power. That being said, I still have a lot of respect for the very religious. Not so much the nutjobs who insist on forcing their beliefs on others, but for the people who manage to believe wholeheartedly in something in this day and age... well, that's a pretty awesome achievement.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Atheist. I also voted Pastafarian mind you, cause that's what it says on my facebook page ;)
    If I were to pick one "strand" of religion that would appeal to me most if something convinced of higher power; it would be Polytheism. The idea of multiple deities sounds much more fathomable than one all powerful being. Like a species or family of gods.
    Kinda makes me wonder why polytheistic religion has died down in the last millennium or so.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Atheist. I also voted Pastafarian mind you, cause that's what it says on my facebook page ;)
    If I were to pick one "strand" of religion that would appeal to me most if something convinced of higher power; it would be Polytheism. The idea of multiple deities sounds much more fathomable than one all powerful being. Like a species or family of gods.
    Kinda makes me wonder why polytheistic religion has died down in the last millennium or so.

Hey, that's why the Greek Religion with the Olympians and Titans and stories, is so fascinating.

Back