• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Remember trainer Silver any body?

Years
    • Age 42
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    He really was a jerk. I don't remember what I named him though. And I thought he was a girl at first too. {XD}

Years
  • I've always wondered if I was the only one that named Silver "???" because I didn't know better, or that's what it said on the screen. And now it's like "??? WOULD LIKE TO BATTLE!" XD

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Yeah, I do. He's hard to forget, actually. ^^; Which is a good thing, because something in his personality is memorable and stands out from most of the rivals. While I knew he was a guy from the get-go, I still named him "ROSIE" in Gold and "ANNETTE" in Crystal. :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    I dont remember any guy called Silver in my Crystal. I do remember there was a guy called ASSHAT who stole a Totodile from the lab.

*Jacqueline bursts out laughing* Looks like you and me have got the same sense of humor! =D

Asshat, now that's funny.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Of course I remember him. He is seriously badass. I love how he was given more of a story in HGSS and his design always look pretty cool to me. While he didn't give me and my team too much trouble, he was fun to battle time to time and his attitude made beating him super sweet. :) One of my favourite, if not my favourite rivals ever.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Yeah I remember, I remember I used to think he was the coolest kid in town because of his awesome music. I still think he's pretty cool.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I actually named my rival ??? because that's what showed up in the battle text, and 7-year old me apparently had no concept of imagination.

So he was just ??? for my entire game lol.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Seems an unpopular opinion, but I preferred him to Gen I's Blue. I do agree we should have seen more of him in GSC, however.

He also had an awesome battle theme.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I remembered him from way back with not-too-fond memories. My young mind thought of him as a bad person and a showoff who stole a Pokemon from the lab because he saw me receive one from Professor Elm and wanted to prove to me that he not only had a Pokemon too, but is better than everyone else. As for his name, I either named him ??? because I really thought that was his name, or simply 'Rival' because I knew that he was a rival of sorts.

Charizard :P

A Wild Charizard
    Years
  • Ah, yes. He was quite rude, and easy to beat. I kind of felt bad for the dude at the end of the game though, poor guy. I remember calling him "COCK", and it TOTALLY fits his personality.

Back