• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
  • Not sure if anyone had said this, but when updated to 16.2, Pokemon will stay in their Mega forms after battle. I tested it both in my updated game and in a clean version of Essentials 16 updated to 16.2 (I had to go in an add the Mega ring and Mega stone, otherwise unmodified). Tried with multiple Pokemon in my game, they do not "unmega" after battle as they did in previous versions. It still presents the option to mega evolve in the beginning of the next battle, but if you press Z, it just continues the battle as if you didn't mega evolve (and you're already in the form, so I guess you did).

Ok so in 16.2 this:

Code:
    def makeUnmega
        v=MultipleForms.call("getUnmegaForm",self)
        self.form=(v!=nil) ? v : 0
      end

became:

Code:
     def makeUnmega
        #self.form=(v!=nil) ? v : 0
        self.form=v if v!=nil
      end

Switching back to the old piece of code will revert back your Pokémons to their unmega forms after battle.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    That old code was changed because it caused problems. I didn't spot that the new code also doesn't work properly.

Use this:

Code:
      def makeUnmega
        if v!=nil; self.form=v
        elsif isMega?; self.form=0
        end
      end
    Also use this:

Code:
      def makeUnprimal
        v=MultipleForms.call("getUnprimalForm",self)
        if v!=nil; self.form=v
        elsif isPrimal?; self.form=0
        end
      end

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    Im having a problem in 16.2 with the move copycat. I don´t really know if this was already reported or its not even a bug..just a problem of mine. Explaining:
    - I was in battle with my pokemon against a bonsly, in mid of the battle I changed pokemon to charmander and bonsly used copycat. It will repeatedly use it without anything happening and I can´t proceed with the battle.
    I believe its because I changed my pokemon instead of using a move so It won´t have anything to copy.
    Or im just stupid.
    SOrry Bad English as always.

Diverscope

Pardon me
    Years
  • The def pbRoughDamage in the Script-section PokeBattle_AI doesn't handle the Fairygem or the Pixieplate:

Code:
    (attacker.hasWorkingItem(:PIXIEPLATE) && isConst?(type,PBTypes,:FAIRY))

Code:
    (attacker.hasWorkingItem(:FAIRYGEM) && isConst?(type,PBTypes,:FAIRY))

Around line 3282, these both lines have to be included.

Years
  • Im having a problem in 16.2 with the move copycat. I don´t really know if this was already reported or its not even a bug..just a problem of mine. Explaining:
    - I was in battle with my pokemon against a bonsly, in mid of the battle I changed pokemon to charmander and bonsly used copycat. It will repeatedly use it without anything happening and I can´t proceed with the battle.
    I believe its because I changed my pokemon instead of using a move so It won´t have anything to copy.
    Or im just stupid.
    SOrry Bad English as always.
    I tested with a kingdra against a Bonsly and, when I change Pokémon, the game works properly and it appears "But it failed!". I think that you have made a bad update of your previous version.

KurisuSan

Lord of Reality
    Years
  • That old code was changed because it caused problems. I didn't spot that the new code also doesn't work properly.

Use this:

Code:
      def makeUnmega
        if v!=nil; self.form=v
        elsif isMega?; self.form=0
        end
      end
    Also use this:

Code:
      def makeUnprimal
        v=MultipleForms.call("getUnprimalForm",self)
        if v!=nil; self.form=v
        elsif isPrimal?; self.form=0
        end
      end

I used your quick fix after noticing that the same problem was happening to myself and it's giving me a syntax error 1149. When checking the script it is the close for Primal Groudon and line 1149 itself is only "})" without quotations. Looking through all of Groudon's form change it is the correct amount of openings and closings and is confusing me as I didn't touch line 1149 I only made changes to lines 23-27 for Unmega and lines 54-59 for Unprimal.

Years
  • Hey, Maruno. The quick fix you provided (ONLY for Primal) doesn't work, because Pokémon remains in its own form.

EDIT: The quick fix works properly, but there are some missing parts in def pbWildBattle, def pbDoubleWildBattle, def pbTrainerBattle and pbDoubleTrainerBattle. In particular, replace this old section (for all functions):
    Code:
       for i in $Trainer.party; (i.makeUnmega rescue nil); end
         if $PokemonGlobal.partner
           pbHealAll
           for i in $PokemonGlobal.partner[3]
             i.heal
             i.makeUnmega rescue nil
           end
         end

with this one:
    Code:
       for i in $Trainer.party; (i.makeUnmega rescue nil); (i.makeUnprimal rescue nil); end
         if $PokemonGlobal.partner
           pbHealAll
           for i in $PokemonGlobal.partner[3]
             i.heal
             i.makeUnmega rescue nil
             i.makeUnprimal rescue nil
           end
         end

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    I believe Shadow Mist is not working properly after all, even after Folle64 solution.
    I´ve tried will a clean essentials 16.2 that I downloaded and in my game with Folle64 fix..seems not to be working.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • I have no idea if this bug is specific to Essentials v.16.2 or if it's since earlier, but when using the FRLG-font,
    all text in the game is displaced 1 pixel.

As you can see below, even though I'm using the Medium-resolution size, where everything SHOULD be at distances of even numbers, the text is placed 11 pixels from the top, as illustrated by the black pixels.
    hlCvfMj.png

This is not the case for other fonts. Only the FRLG-font.
    The other fonts are displayed normally at 10 or 12 pixels.

Is this a bug in how Essentials renders the fonts, or is it a bug in the font itself?

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I believe Shadow Mist is not working properly after all, even after Folle64 solution.
    I´ve tried will a clean essentials 16.2 that I downloaded and in my game with Folle64 fix..seems not to be working.
    What is it supposed to do, what does it actually do, are there any errors (messages or odd behaviour)?

Is this a bug in how Essentials renders the fonts, or is it a bug in the font itself?
    Sounds like a misalignment with the font.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    What is it supposed to do, what does it actually do, are there any errors (messages or odd behaviour)?
    Shadow Mist is a Shadow version of Sweet Scent. It lowers both opponents' evasion by two stages each.
    In game simply nothing happens. User or enemy uses Shadow Mist and battle just goes on like no one used anything .

Years
  • Shadow Mist is a Shadow version of Sweet Scent. It lowers both opponents' evasion by two stages each.
    In game simply nothing happens. User or enemy uses Shadow Mist and battle just goes on like no one used anything .
    It doesn't work because I inverted the arguments' order.
    The correct solution is (line 671):
    Code:
    ret=opponent.pbReduceStat(PBStats::EVASION,2,attacker,false)

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • So, I'm pretty sure this is an oversight, and it hasn't been reported in the thread so I'm reporting it: While editing the scripts, I noticed that Wonder Guard is no longer in the list of things to not get affected by Mummy?
    Pictured is my copy of Faith & Prayer Version (on version 15 of Essentials) beside a copy of an untampered Version 16.2
    Fc1D657.png

As pictured, Wonder Guard is not there. I assume it must have gotten overwritten on accident (as PokeBattle_Battler has a huge amount of changes done to it, one oversight like this would be expected).

Edit: Disregard, I was just informed that apparently Mummy doesn't do anything to Wonder Guard in Gen 6 now.
    I really need to thank Gen 6 for completely shaking up the game and making so many things obsolete knowledge

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Edit: Disregard, I was just informed that apparently Mummy doesn't do anything to Wonder Guard in Gen 6 now.
    Is that a Gen 6 change, or has it always been the case that Mummy can overwrite Wonder Guard? I'm sure Bulbapedia isn't the best source of information, but it doesn't suggest that this is an effect that changed. The same applies to moves like Role Play and Skill Swap (ability-altering effects where there are exceptions) - I only went with the information I had, which I don't know if it's inaccurate in some cases.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • Is that a Gen 6 change, or has it always been the case that Mummy can overwrite Wonder Guard? I'm sure Bulbapedia isn't the best source of information, but it doesn't suggest that this is an effect that changed. The same applies to moves like Role Play and Skill Swap (ability-altering effects where there are exceptions) - I only went with the information I had, which I don't know if it's inaccurate in some cases.

I have no idea honestly, I checked Bulbapedia after I was informed. I'd check my own copy of X, but I don't have access to a Shedinja/Cofarigus or someone who has either.

Diverscope

Pardon me
    Years
  • ...We know that. Bulbapedia says so. We want to know if Mummy will overwrite Wonder Guard in Gen 5 (BW/B2W2).

Who is "we"? Derxwna Kapsyla thought that Mummy doesn't affect Wonder Guard in the sixth generation and he wanted to prove this, so I assume he is unsure about that. I wanted just to confirm.

Anyway, I tested it again, this time with White 2 (Generation 5), and Mummy also affects Wonder Guard there.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Who is "we"? Derxwna Kapsyla thought that Mummy doesn't affect Wonder Guard in the sixth generation and he wanted to prove this, so I assume he is unsure about that. I wanted just to confirm.

Anyway, I tested it again, this time with White 2 (Generation 5), and Mummy also affects Wonder Guard there.
    Thank you.

Back