• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2014
    What would be the best moveset for a modest gyarados? Right now he knows Ice Fang Aqua Tail, Dragon Rage, and Twister

, and what about a hardy typhlosion? He knows Lava Plume Swift Flamethrower, and Quick attack

Thanks!

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
    What would be the best moveset for a modest gyarados? Right now he knows Ice Fang Aqua Tail, Dragon Rage, and Twister

, and what about a hardy typhlosion? He knows Lava Plume Swift Flamethrower, and Quick attack

Thanks!

Gyarados doesn't do Modest, because it's special attack is very bad. Go for an Adamant nature.

Most Typhlosion are Timid or Modest running either:

Overheat, Focus Blast, Fire Blast/Flamethrower, HP [Ice/Grass/Electric]
    or
    Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Eruption, HP [Ice/Electric]
    with EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed

Neutral natures aren't good, it's better to decrease at stat by 10% you aren't using and increase one 10% that you are using than have them all grow based on their base stat and IV.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    Gengar@Micle Berry
    Gentle
    Don't know its precise EVs but at lv. 100:
    Atk 178 Def 162 Sp. Atk 319 Sp. Def 185 Spd 281
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hypnosis
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast

I need something that can perform basically the same task as this but just take hits a bit better. Most of the time Gengar either does really well or just gets 1/2 hko'd.
    Thanks in advance :)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Gengar@Micle Berry
    Gentle
    Don't know its precise EVs but at lv. 100:
    Atk 178 Def 162 Sp. Atk 319 Sp. Def 185 Spd 281
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hypnosis
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast

I need something that can perform basically the same task as this but just take hits a bit better. Most of the time Gengar either does really well or just gets 1/2 hko'd.
    Thanks in advance :)

Gengar @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    4 Def / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice / Protect / Hypnosis

For the most part, Gengar wants a set like this. Obviously you can play around with the last moveslot, but the first three moves are generally the most useful. Life Orb >>>> Micle Berry please, Micle Berry is useless for the most part and you want the extra power given by Life Orb.

Timid and max EVs in Speed and Special Attack will make him a lot more useful for you ;D

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    Gengar @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    4 Def / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice / Protect / Hypnosis

For the most part, Gengar wants a set like this. Obviously you can play around with the last moveslot, but the first three moves are generally the most useful. Life Orb >>>> Micle Berry please, Micle Berry is useless for the most part and you want the extra power given by Life Orb.

Timid and max EVs in Speed and Special Attack will make him a lot more useful for you ;D
    Thanks for the help. I aggree on the Life Orb, Shadow Ball and Focus Blast's but isn't having Tbolt a little predictable?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Thanks for the help. I aggree on the Life Orb, Shadow Ball and Focus Blast's but isn't having Tbolt a little predictable?

Predictable, yes...But it gives you great type coverage and hitting bulky waters is always a good thing.

But if you already have insurance against Gyarados / Suicune and all the others, feel free to switch it for another attack. HP Fire is a good choice as well =P

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
    How does a fully defensive Steelix sound? Pretty predictable?

Something like this:

Impish nature
    252 Def 252 SP.Def/ATK
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Ice/Fire/Thunder Fang
    Taunt (My team choice to prevent people using SR or SD)

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    How does a fully defensive Steelix sound? Pretty predictable?

Something like this:

Impish nature
    252 Def 252 SP.Def/ATK
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Ice/Fire/Thunder Fang
    Taunt (My team choice to prevent people using SR or SD)

You should use 252 HP evs over 252 def evs. Steelix still has 436 defense without def evs. So there is no real need for def evs. You want 252 sp.D evs to help take special attacks better. Taunt is bad on steelix as it is so slow. Use Roar or Explosion over that. And use SR in the third slot. Steelix causes many switches so getting up SR is pretty easy.

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
    But yeah, I thought of maxing Def, as a Max Def Steelix is what no-one expects nowdays and then it (hopefully) has enough defense to withstand a couple of STAB EQ.

Taunt is for making people unable of spamming Swords Dance, because if that happens, Steelix is screwed, even after those defence EV:s

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    But yeah, I thought of maxing Def, as a Max Def Steelix is what no-one expects nowdays and then it (hopefully) has enough defense to withstand a couple of STAB EQ.

Taunt is for making people unable of spamming Swords Dance, because if that happens, Steelix is screwed, even after those defence EV:s

No, that is a terrible way to ev something. You gain MORE defensive capabilities by maxing the hp i hope you realize this, use Nates spread.

Steelix is too slow for Taunt besides Roar forces them out of play anyway and they lose their swords dance boosts so is the better option.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Help me with this set :

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Impish (+defense ; - Sp. Attack)
    or
    adamant (+attack ; - Sp. Attack)
    252 Hp / (?) Attack / (?) Def
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Pain-split
    - Earthquake
    - Fire punch / ice punch / Thunder punch / Shadow sneak / pursuit / Sucker Punch

This pokemon will be in a Stall team without Sandstorm or Hail and will or as a Rapid Spin blocker and a tank, so i would like some Ev training in attack

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Predictable, yes...But it gives you great type coverage and hitting bulky waters is always a good thing.

But if you already have insurance against Gyarados / Suicune and all the others, feel free to switch it for another attack. HP Fire is a good choice as well =P

Laugh out loud @ Focus Blast's 70% accuracy.

Can anyone calculate if Cresselia (Modest nature, 32 SpA EVs) can OHKO Tyranitar using HP Fighting after +2 SpA boosts.

This is the set I'm thinking of:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    Modest nature
    EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/32 SpA/72 SpD
    -Charge Beam
    -Ice Beam
    -HP Fighting
    -Lunar Dance / Moonlight

Split on what to use for last slot.

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
    Help me with this set :

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP/28 Atk/228 Def
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Pain Split
    - Earthquake/Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch/Thunderpunch

This pokemon will be in a Stall team without Sandstorm or Hail and will or as a Rapid Spin blocker and a tank, so i would like some Ev training in attack

Fixes in bold in the quote

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    I have read a few times that a impish natured hippowdon is arguably the best nature for a lead yet i have tried to breed for one and i have been having difficulties. I have just bred an adamant one with slack off and very nice ivs. Is there a way i can rework the following moveset/effort values to make a decent lead from an adamant nature or can anyone make a suggestion on a different moveset with this nature? thanks in advance

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Atk/168 Def
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Slack Off
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    Could someone recommend EV spreads and Nature for:

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Intimidate
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast / Stone Edge (Leaning towards Fire Blast)

Thanks in advance.

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
    Could someone recommend EV spreads and Nature for:

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Intimidate
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast / Stone Edge (Leaning towards Fire Blast)

Thanks in advance.

Naughty/Naive nature
    EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Speed

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    What are some good NU Pokemon for a Baton Pass team?

I'm thinking things like Girafarig and maybe a FriskTrick Bannette.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    What are some good NU Pokemon for a Baton Pass team?

I'm thinking things like Girafarig and maybe a FriskTrick Bannette.

Pure Baton Pass isn't a very good idea for any tier, unless you're just doing it for fun of course. But uh...I'd just look through everything that can learn Baton Pass in NU and try to throw something together that isn't totally useless. It's hard to suggest specific pokemon because...either way it's probably not going to work very well =(

What the gliscor lead set ,I cant find it on analsis?

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    252 HP / 40 Defense / 216 Speed
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - U-Turn
    - Earthquake / Roost

Or something like that iirc...

Back