• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] (RESOLVED) Professor Oak's intro speech won't trigger

Years
    • She/her
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 14, 2023
    Edit Again: I got it to work! It still won't run when starting a new game, and I don't know why, so I changed the time it takes place and turned it into a player touch event - basically, the player starts in their house, and when they leave the house, the event begins. Since the player doesn't choose their gender in the game, it works just fine.
    Hi! After a long break from working on any fan games, I've decided to make a small one for my cousin (his birthday is coming up in March). While working on Pokémon Birthday Version, as I call it, I ran into a problem. Whenever I try to start the game, even outside of Debug Mode, Professor Oak's lecture simply doesn't trigger. I've tried looking at the event and switching it to autorun, but to no avail. The new title screen I added works just fine, but when I select "New Game", it just sends me straight to the first map as an unnamed male protagonist. I am also stuck in a house tile, most likely because since the Oak event didn't trigger, I was never teleported to the position I specified in the event. I don't understand what's going on. Does anyone know what I did wrong?
    Edit: For some reason, when I was showing the game to my friend, the Oak introduction actually worked...and then when I opened the game at home a few minutes ago, it was back to not working. Now I'm really confused.

Last edited:
    Back