• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Restarting the game?

Years
  • Ive got to the point where you battle May outside lilycove dept store. Im playing Pokemon Y and AS currently. I play Y more because i find the story kinda interesting. Now in AS i have a Cosplay Pikachu with a nature which i dont like, a Blaziken with a Hardy nature (i wanted a Jolly nature), i dont really know if i want to start all over again... is it worth playin it again from the start?

I feel like i have an unbalanced team, and most of the time i've had the exp share on... and ive ignored a lot of pokemon along the way, i couldve caught a lot of pokemons with rare moves using dexnav but i chose to ignore them lol

Have you restarted the game? and for what reason?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Well you are far into the game but in the end it's up to you. I would continue the game, it gets good and nature don't matter in normal play but this is better suited for the quick question thread i believe.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I won't restart the game, only because I am not a big fan of the 3th generation so I don't want to do it all over again lol. I have ORAS because I want to play of course! But not again and again and again :P I will keep my game to complete the pokedex again, and to transfert all my Y pokemon and battle online.

Years
  • I still have only played through these games once, even though I have Alpha Sapphire as well as a second copy of Omega Ruby that I picked up at Target (since I had a gift card and it wasn't likely that i'll get the chance to go there again anytime soon) which I can use for fun challenges and such. And I already completed my Hoenn Dex in my main copy, so I don't think i'll be erasing that anytime soon.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Now in AS i have a Cosplay Pikachu with a nature which i dont like, a Blaziken with a Hardy nature (i wanted a Jolly nature), i dont really know if i want to start all over again... is it worth playin it again from the start?

Can't help you with the Pikachu bit but can't you just breed your Blaziken until you get one with a Jolly nature? Then you can raise it up with an exp share or do super training, whatever you wanted to do with it. I wouldn't restart for that reason alone if I were you, but you do whatever you think is necessary.

I never restart my Pokemon games, unless you count FR because like you, my team was unbalanced (I whooped gym leaders with just a Charizard and Pidgeot). I just hate starting over because like I said in another thread, I feel like all my hard work is wasted as well as those Pokemon I received from other people will be a waste. Plus I have that event shiny beldum that'll be a waste if I restart.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    I restarted Alpha Sapphire because I wasn't liking my team. I had a Latias on there and I don't like ever having a Legendary Pokemon as part of my main team. I restarted and got a Mudkip as opposed to the Torchic that I evolved into Blaziken. I only have a single badge and I'm predicting that Watson is going to be a pain.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I restart Pokémon games all the time simply because I'm bored. Thankfully the bank now allows me to at least keep my pokémon and transfer them in whenever I want. XD

AS hasn't been as bad as previous games, having only reset it twice, but I think I reset my copy of Black2 at least ten times before I eventually beat the game. XD

Point is, if you feel like resetting for any reason, do it and try again. Make sure to move your collected pokémon to the Bank though for safekeeping. XD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm never going to restart this game! I transferred almost all of my Pokemon that I've ever trained or traded for since Gen 4 and some of my very first Pokemon onto this game, it would be a pain to restart :p I will probably just purchase Omega Ruby if I ever wanted to play the games again; however, I don't really see this happening for a long time because I have plenty of other games to play.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I was actually thinking about restarting a few days ago but the story is just so long and I spent ages on it - plus I spent like 2 days collecting all of the mega stones so n o p e.

Back