• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event *Results* Eurovision Song Contest Event 2021!

Years
  • 8nJnIbk.jpg

Welcome to the PokéCommunity Eurovision Song Contest Event 2021!​

Let us know your Top 5 favourite songs (in order) from all of the 39 entries below! The song with the most points will be crowned the PC Eurovision Champion!

Eurovision was literally created to foster love, peace, and understanding between people from different cultures, and without borders. To celebrate this, we are assigning each poster a country to adopt for the duration of the event, to bring us all closer together!

Feel free to show love towards your fellow humans by displaying your assigned country somewhere in your profile or signature (not compulsory of course!)

You are welcome to chat about the event in this thread, and please remember to vote when you've heard all the songs!

For those of you that have never watched Eurovision before, the official Eurovision Song Contest YouTube channel is hosting a "live" watch party showing the 2019 event in it's entirety! It starts at on Saturday 15 May at 21:00 CEST and can be found here:

Eurovision Watch Party

This year will see the 65th edition of the annual music fest. The contest will feature two semi-finals on the 18th and 20th of May, and then the grand final on 22nd May. No songs that were intended for the cancelled 2020 event are allowed to take part this year, but several of the same artists have returned with a different song.

There are 39 entries in this year's contest. Bulgaria and Ukraine will return after missing the 2019 contest, while Montenegro and Hungary do the exact opposite and will not take part this time around.

Two other countries, Armenia and Belarus, were originally scheduled to take part, but Armenia withdrew due to political unrest in their country, while Belarus were actually disqualified from the event after their entry was found to contravene the contest's rules.

I have listed the full draws, and participants, for each of the semi-finals, as well as the 6 songs that are pre-qualified for the final. These six songs belong to the "big five" countries - nations that provide the most support to the contest - plus the winner of the last event. Ten countries from each semi will join these six in the final. All 39 countries will vote on the 26 songs that make up the grand final.

A YouTube link is provided within the spoiler tags after each song.

Sixteen countries will take part in the first semi-final. These countries plus Italy, Germany and the Netherlands will vote on semi-final 1.

Semi-final 1
    DrawCountryArtistSongYoutube Link
    01LithuaniaThe RoopDiscoteque
    Spoiler:
    02SloveniaAna SokličAmen
    Spoiler:
    03RussiaManizhaRussian Woman
    Spoiler:
    04SwedenTusseVoices
    Spoiler:
    05AustraliaMontaigneTechnicolour
    Spoiler:
    06North MacedoniaVasilHere I Stand
    Spoiler:
    07IrelandLesley RoyMaps
    Spoiler:
    08CyprusElena TsagrinouEl Diablo
    Spoiler:
    09NorwayTixFallen Angel
    Spoiler:
    10CroatiaAlbinaTick-Tock
    Spoiler:
    11BelgiumHooverphonicThe Wrong Place
    Spoiler:
    12IsraelEden AleneSet Me Free
    Spoiler:
    13RomaniaRoxenAmnesia
    Spoiler:
    14AzerbaijanEfendiMata Hari
    Spoiler:
    15UkraineGo_AShum
    Spoiler:
    16MaltaDestinyJe Me Casse
    Spoiler:
    The 10 qualifiers from semi-final 1 are:
    Spoiler:

Seventeen countries will take part in the second semi-final. These countries plus France, Spain and the United Kingdom will vote on semi-final 2.

Semi-final 2
    01San MarinoSenhitAdrenalina
    Spoiler:
    02EstoniaUku SuvisteThe Lucky One
    Spoiler:
    03Czech RepublicBenny CristoOmaga
    Spoiler:
    04GreeceStefaniaLast Dance
    Spoiler:
    05AustriaVincent BuenoAmen
    Spoiler:
    06PolandRafałThe Ride
    Spoiler:
    07MoldovaNatalia GordienkoSugar
    Spoiler:
    08IcelandDaði og Gagnamagnið10 Years
    Spoiler:
    09SerbiaHurricaneLoco Loco
    Spoiler:
    10GeorgiaTornike KipianiYou
    Spoiler:
    11AlbaniaAnxhela PeristeriKarma
    Spoiler:
    12PortugalThe Black MambaLove Is on My Side
    Spoiler:
    13BulgariaVictoriaGrowing Up Is Getting Old
    Spoiler:
    14FinlandBlind ChannelDark Side
    Spoiler:
    15LatviaSamanta TīnaThe Moon Is Rising
    Spoiler:
    16SwitzerlandGjon's TearsTout l'Univers
    Spoiler:
    17DenmarkFyr & FlammeØve os på hinanden
    Spoiler:
    The 10 qualifiers from semi-final 2 are:
    Spoiler:

These are the six countries pre-qualified for the final. Reigning champions The Netherlands have already been allocated slot 23 for the final.

Pre-qualified for the final
    CountryArtistSongYoutube Link
    The NetherlandsJeangu MacrooyBirth Of A New Age
    Spoiler:
    ItalyMåneskinZitti E Buoni
    Spoiler:
    United KingdomJames NewmanEmbers
    Spoiler:
    SpainBlas CantóVoy A Quedarme
    Spoiler:
    GermanyJendrikI Don't Feel Hate
    Spoiler:
    FranceBarbara PraviVoilà
    Spoiler:

We look foward to seeing who you award the grand prize to!

If you have any questions, then please don't hesitate to contact either Rabinov or myself :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Here is the full line-up / running order for the grand final of the 2021 Eurovision Song Contest!

YouTube links have been updated with live semi-final performances (live rehearsal for pre-qualified songs).

Grand Final
    01CyprusElena TsagrinouEl Diablo
    Spoiler:
    02AlbaniaAnxhela PeristeriKarma
    Spoiler:
    03IsraelEden AleneSet Me Free
    Spoiler:
    04BelgiumHooverphonicThe Wrong Place
    Spoiler:
    05RussiaManizhaRussian Woman
    Spoiler:
    06MaltaDestinyJe Me Casse
    Spoiler:
    07PortugalThe Black MambaLove Is On My Side
    Spoiler:
    08SerbiaHurricaneLoco Loco
    Spoiler:
    09United KingdomJames NewmanEmbers
    Spoiler:
    10GreeceStefaniaLast Dance
    Spoiler:
    11SwitzerlandGjon's TearsTout l'Univers
    Spoiler:
    12IcelandDaði og Gagnamagnið10 Years
    Spoiler:
    13SpainBlas CantóVoy A Quedarme
    Spoiler:
    14MoldovaNatalia GordienkoSugar
    Spoiler:
    15GermanyJendrikI Don't Feel Hate
    Spoiler:
    16FinlandBlind ChannelDark Side
    Spoiler:
    17BulgariaVictoriaGrowing Up Is Getting Old
    Spoiler:
    18LithuaniaThe RoopDiscoteque
    Spoiler:
    19UkraineGo_AShum
    Spoiler:
    20FranceBarbara PraviVoilà
    Spoiler:
    21AzerbaijanEfendiMata Hari
    Spoiler:
    22NorwayTIXFallen Angel
    Spoiler:
    23The NetherlandsJeangu MacrooyBirth Of A New Age
    Spoiler:
    24ItalyMåneskinZitti E Buoni
    Spoiler:
    25SwedenTusseVoices
    Spoiler:
    26San MarinoSenhitAdrenalina
    Spoiler:

The results are in!!!

The winners of the PokéCommunity Eurovision Song Contest Event 2021 are... ITALY!

Just like the real ESC, Italy have seen off some very tough competition to emerge victorious!

Congratulations Måneskin!!!

FOK8Yx4.jpg

As well as the most points in total, Italy also received the most "Top Marks" from our PokéCommunity juries.

23 of the 39 entries scored points this year, which is quite amazing considering we only counted top 5s! We also awarded 30 points in total to our newly "adopted" countries!

Thank you so much to everyone that has taken part in the event, and thank you everyone that showed support to your adopted countries in your signature! Seeing so much love for our friends and neighbours in other parts of the world has been incredibly heart-warming!

We hope to see you all for Eurovision next year, and hopefully we'll all meet again in the next E&M related event :)

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • SOMEONE SAID EUROVISION AND YOU KNOW I'M HERE

This year is honestly pretty good, already have my top 39 locked in since the last song was revealed back in like March lmao

Years
  • I'm one of the ones who has never watched Eurovision before, but El Diablo is honestly really good!!

El Diablo is an awesome song!

SOMEONE SAID EUROVISION AND YOU KNOW I'M HERE

This year is honestly pretty good, already have my top 39 locked in since the last song was revealed back in like March lmao

I'm gonna have real trouble picking just 5 this year, but it'll be fun trying!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I usually prefer to wait for the final to listen to the songs and give my opinions on twitter and discord :o But hey, I'll give a listen to them for this.
    I can tell you that, unlike last time round, I do *not* like ours lol

Years
  • Eurovision was literally created to foster love, peace, and understanding between people from different cultures, and without borders. To celebrate this, we are assigning each poster a country to adopt for the duration of the event, to bring us all closer together!

Feel free to show love towards your fellow humans by displaying your assigned country somewhere in your profile or signature (not compulsory of course!)

You have been chosen to represent Ukraine!

Spoiler:

You have been chosen to represent Ireland!

Spoiler:

You have been chosen to represent Finland!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Only listened to the 'Pre-qualified for the final' ones so far. kinda like the italian song.
    Also the video for The Netherlands seems to have kuhp00fed.
    Was curious what we were sending in but whatever 😙

Years
  • Only listened to the 'Pre-qualified for the final' ones so far. kinda like the italian song.
    Also the video for The Netherlands seems to have kuhp00fed.
    Was curious what we were sending in but whatever 😙

I thought I might have messed the link up but it does play eventually, no idea why that one is so slow, youtube is weird!

And Zitti E Buoni is excellent! I think it's gonna do really well...

Years
  • I thought I might have messed the link up but it does play eventually, no idea why that one is so slow, youtube is weird!

And Zitti E Buoni is excellent! I think it's gonna do really well...

It keeps saying 'video unavailable' for me no matter how long I wait. I punched the song info into youtube directly though and just listened to it there @_@
    Dunno if it's just messed up beyond playability for me lol
    Not that it matters much, I don't like our submission, again... oh well... one day....
    Wanted to like Finland because I like Rock & Metal, but this song is just too meh to me.

For me the top 5 would be:
    1. Italy (ahead of the rest by miles to me lol)
    2. Ireland
    3. Albania
    4. Croatia
    5. Slovenia

Had some trouble picking a number 4 and 5, but eventually settled on these.

Years
  • It keeps saying 'video unavailable' for me no matter how long I wait. I punched the song info into youtube directly though and just listened to it there @_@
    Dunno if it's just messed up beyond playability for me lol
    Not that it matters much, I don't like our submission, again... oh well... one day....
    Wanted to like Finland because I like Rock & Metal, but this song is just too meh to me.

For me the top 5 would be:
    1. Italy (ahead of the rest by miles to me lol)
    2. Ireland
    3. Albania
    4. Croatia
    5. Slovenia

Had some trouble picking a number 4 and 5, but eventually settled on these.

Thanks for voting!

I will see if I can replace the link so it doesn't happen for others, sorry about that :)

The first votes are in from our Serbian delegation (that's you btw ReKoil!), and Italy takes the early lead!!!

ReKoil's Flag
    Spoiler:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • You have been chosen to represent Ireland!

Ah, this is so funny you gave me Ireland and here is why. Let me show you my top 5!

Spoiler:

Years
  • So I have now extensively listened to the entries and... man this was hard to pick a top 5. Normally it's hard to pick a decent top 5 but this year it was quite the opposite! I've managed to whittle it down to:

5. Croatia

To be honest there were a LOT of Serious Female Artists this year and Croatia's entry stood out as one of the better ones for me. The intro was fantastic, some real good euro-pop vibes. And then the key change oh my god. That beat kicks in and transitions so flawlessly from a more feelsy pop song to eurodance club banger. A really good entry from Croatia!

4. Ireland

I can see why this is coming up in people's choices, because WOW! The lyrical themes throughout the song are amazing, the song from the get-go has this super raw energy to it; I get early Ellie Goulding vibes from this and I REALLY love it for that. A truly epic song that I will definitely be listening to moving forward, I really hope this does well as Ireland especially I think don't do great in the Eurovision since the 90s!

3. Russia

So this was the first song I listened to and it's stuck with me the whole way through because this is an entry that really harnesses the Eurovision vibe, whilst producing a bloody good song in doing so! Really powerful vocals, I loved the switch between song and spoken word/rap, the backing singers were amazing and just the whole disjointed feel of things like the swap from Russian babushka to the tracksuit, the random fire for the sake of pyro and other factors which made it feel Eurovision(tm).

2. Iceland

So I said I liked Russia because they got the Eurovision vibe... then Iceland says "hold my Skyr" and comes on stage and just freakin' hammers the point home: THIS IS WHAT EUROVISION IS ALL ABOUT/ Silly songs, silly dances, silly concepts, silly costumes, you get the idea. We get a real Flobots vibe from the songs itself, and then you look at the ensemble. We have a Supertramp level co-ordination, all members bearing what I can only describe as "70s Blue" outfits with pixellated portraits on them. Not one, but THREE members have keytars and halfway through they decide to just start swimming on stage???? The song itself is good, but damn the whole idea together is just hilariously crazy and I am HERE for it.

1. Italy

Now THIS is more my jam. Simply, Italy is #1 because they, like Finland, went against the Pop grain and smashed it out of the park with probably the boldest pick to come into the competition. Rather than the Lordi level of bonkers metal, we're instead getting those creepy Rammstein vibes, whilst also the raw energy of Franz Ferdinand and Queens of the Stone Age in this song. The video is fucking nuts and again it almost feels like in a way it's a parody of the contest and other acts; it is SO beyond all of that and I can't help but love it. The song itself is again super awesome, but just the whole package put together is what every Eurovision contestant should be aiming for, because this is PEAK Eurovision (Sorry Iceland).

I will also say that for once, the UK has managed to get something right!!!!! They barely missed this list and I'm just so goddamned happy that they managed to realise what they hell needs to be put into the contest, because we have been missing this like every year since IDK 2001.

I will also say that... Australia, what was that. Honestly that song was SO poor. Tragic.

Years
  • Also by the way, thank you so much everyone that's put the tidbits in their sigs so far, it's super appreciated!!!! <3

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • My top 5 would be:
    1. Sweden
    2. Israel
    3. Germany
    4. Portugal
    5. Ireland

Decided not to add Finland to the list because the rules say that you can't vote the song representing your own country. It's a bit bad that Finland is already assigned, I would've been the logical choice to represent it.

Years
  • My top 5 would be:
    1. Sweden
    2. Israel
    3. Germany
    4. Portugal
    5. Ireland

Decided not to add Finland to the list because the rules say that you can't vote the song representing your own country. It's a bit bad that Finland is already assigned, I would've been the logical choice to represent it.

Hey!

So we're not adhering to the exact same rules as the ESC itself, so if you love Finland's song then I'd vote for it, because this would be the only time you can vote your own country in the Eurovision Song Contest!!!!

Speaking of countries... looks like you got Spain as yours! Here's your sig etc. below, should wish to use any of it:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Reigning champions The Netherlands

wait what, we won one? I didn't even know xD
    Must've missed eurovision in 2019.
    I googled the song and was like who the heck is this guy.
    *hears the song* wait wait wait, I know this song, how the heck is it from our entry?! 😂
    I actually like this one. Usually don't like our countries entries xD

Back on topic, I love seeing the italy and ireland votes 👍 These for me were pretty much set in stone as numbers 1 & 2 after listening to everything.

Also I'm curious what ketchup's top five is =)

Years
  • Yay Eurovision!! I really enjoy it. Out of those I've listened to, Italy and Ireland have to be my fave. I can't really rank the others. (Can I be assigned a country please? 😍)

Years
  • wait what, we won one? I didn't even know xD
    Must've missed eurovision in 2019.
    I googled the song and was like who the heck is this guy.
    *hears the song* wait wait wait, I know this song, how the heck is it from our entry?! 😂
    I actually like this one. Usually don't like our countries entries xD

Back on topic, I love seeing the italy and ireland votes 👍 These for me were pretty much set in stone as numbers 1 & 2 after listening to everything.

Also I'm curious what ketchup's top five is =)

If that was the UK, we'd have made sure every citizen knew about it, and wouldn't stop telling them for the next 15 years 😂

My top five is coming very soon! I have finally narrowed it down to 26 😅

Here is my top 26 (my final) in no particular order for those interested!
    Spoiler:

Yay Eurovision!! I really enjoy it. Out of those I've listened to, Italy and Ireland have to be my fave. I can't really rank the others. (Can I be assigned a country please? 😍)

You are more than welcome to join in on the fun Dill!

Excellent taste there btw from our Cypriot delegation!

Your flag!
    Spoiler:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    So, I just didn't even bother listening to the pop ballads because that's boring. (I will signal boost "Birth of a New Age" though because even if it isn't my cup of tea that was written with soul, my neighbors over at Suriname deserve the rep and given the racist broccoli thing, the message and the song should probably be given more attention.)

With that I'm projecting this as my top picks (even if they probably aren't very competitive, lol)

5. Lithuania's Discoteque

I just low key dig the weird corny dance moves and clothing and theming and it was a very fun song. It definitely stuck with me after all those songs, so yeah.

4. Denmark's Øve os på hinanden - Denmark

I'm a sucker for the 80s and this felt like the singers were having fun, like, much like Discoteque this wasn't a competitive pick this was a "Let's go out there and have fun and everything else's just gravy" and I high key love this energy.

3. Italy's Zitti E Buoni

I just really like the weird metal vibes the song had. And unlike the other metal song (Finland) they actually had interesting looks and staging in the music video - they even had shots with a cockroach. Very fun song, very fun staging.

2. Ukraine's Shum

Maybe it was the dystopian beginning, the weird metallic headpiece, the hazmat folk dance, I was entranced by that music video from start to finish.

1. Germany's I Don't Feel Hate

This video was a fever dream and I freaking love it. From the middle finger costume, to the post credit scenes of everybody just covered in paint eating cake on the floor, I was living for this song. Like Shum, I'm curious to see how they'll replicate this on the Eurovision's stage (and maybe I'll be disappointed when it comes to that, but video-wise this was the one that entertained me the most).

Back