• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RESULTS!] The Trivialized Pokémon Encyclopedia

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years

The Trivialized Pokémon Encyclopedia

To celebrate the rich history of the Olympics, an old tome is being republished; filled with the observations of scholars attempting to create something akin to today's PokéDex. However, despite some tidbits of wisdom, it seems our forefathers did not have much of a grasp on how things like type, evolution, or ... biology worked. In fact, it's debated whether we should heed a single word, for some authors appear to not have a clue about what they're talking about. Some have morbid interpretations on our beloved monsters, though occasionally, you'll find an incredibly well thought out serious entry about a creature through the eyes of the ancient peoples.

You were one of these ancient scholars; analyzing a certain Pokémon to the best of your (inept) ability. To begin, you must write down what you will call it and what classification you'd put it under. For instance, a sensible person today might call the electric rodent they found a "Pikachu," and call it the "Mouse Pokémon," but a scholar from this tome may have completely different ideas. It was common to sketch the likeness of the creature on an analysis, but most have faded, so it's now required that we today attach a photo of the creature somewhere on the entry to avoid confusion.

In addition, they must discuss the Temperament and Biology of the monster. Temperament may include habitat information, typical demeanor, habits, likes or dislikes, sanity ... anything you might suspect a traditional PokéDex entry might have, albeit skewed with misinformation and dangerous assumptions. Biology refers to how the researcher thinks the body of this creature may work and how its capable of its powers, whether they cut the creature open themselves or are just putting out crackpot theories - this section will encompass type, powers, idea on movesets, and theorizing on what the creature may become if it "evolves" or "changes shape."

Judging from a Modern Perspective

The head coordinator of this event is Kiyoshi The Polar Bear, assisted by the wonderful gentlemen Revise Librarian and Lycanthropy. All three of use will be acting as judges, each rating entries on a traditional scale of ten out of ten. The entries with the top three combined scores will be awarded the Gold, Silver, and Bronze emblems. Regardless if your entry does not place in our competition, you will still be awarded a Participation emblem as our thanks for creating history!

Please send all entries to Kiyoshi the Polar Bear via Private Message. When you have submitted, please post in this thread to confirm you have, in case any technical difficulties arise. If you wish to submit a revised entry or a completely different one, you may do so, but any and all previous submissions will be ignored when judging commences. The deadline for this event is the deadline of the Get-Together itself, but we will also post in this thread when the deadline approaches and when we are officially no longer taking entries. Any and all further questions should be posted here in the thread, but if you feel your question requires privacy, feel free to contact one of the judges.

Your entry will be confirmed and accepted when you see your Pokémon's icon below the main header on this post. Hover over the icons themselves and find your username. If it is unacceptable for judgment, you will be notified about what you have to revise. The entry does not require the use of CSS styling or any extraneous details other than core information to be seriously judged, but it is encouraged. The more creative, eloquent, and intriguing the entry, the higher it will score. Take your entry in any direction - humorous, odd, serious, scientific, horrifying, loony ... you name it - you may expand on categories and the way you convey information as well, so long as you cover the main bases asked of you. Multiple people can do the same Pokémon.

If you need an example of what an entry can look like, reveal the spoiler underneath this post.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Loooove the contest, your post made me laugh several times! Quick question - should we use the Durant entry CSS for our submissions or make our own?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Just wanted to confirm that in addition to Squirrel's and LORD ANTE's entries, I have received Esper's entry as well. You can now view icons on the main post of the Pokemon you submitted, title'd with your username when you hover over them.​

Years
    I submitted my entry! I cannot remember much about Blaziken, but I hope I got the facts right! Have to use the Pokedex for the height and weight. Hope that's alright :p
    If I got some facts wrong, well, I tried to remember Blaziken's Pokedex entry from Diamond. So... yeah.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'm going to see if I can whip up something quickly.

Edit: What is the exact time that this ends?

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    I'm going to see if I can whip up something quickly.

Edit: What is the exact time that this ends?

You have until the end of Get-Together -

Which means any and all aspiring participants must get in their entries as soon as possible. By the end of the day tomorrow (July 12th, 2015 12:00pm EST) would be a wonderful time - so let this be your official warning to get those entries in within the next 24 hours!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    (OFFICIAL DEADLINE APPROACHING!)

ALL WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THE EVENT HAVE THREE MORE HOURS UNTIL SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED AND ENTRIES ARE LOCKED FOR JUDGMENT!

HURRY UP AND WRITE! <3

srry 4 the duble post guyz ;;

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    You just made it, Forever! Your entry has been accepted and sent to the other judges as well.

THIS NOW DECLARES THE END OF THE CONTEST

Thank you Squirrel, LORD ANTE, LeSabre, Percy, Esper, and Forever for entering!​

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Back