• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Returning Newb

inkstarx

Zombie
    Years
    =] Hello. I signed up in 2011 and gave up on my goals to make roms etc. I have been super busy but now i am back. Mac (apple) computers can't really do much from what i understand so i will have to get a windows computer before i can do much of anything. - unless I wipe out the OS and put windows on it.... hmmm... There's an idea. =] Other than that i am usually busy with college. And hopefully my new job. ^-^ HIIIIII
    Looking forward to hearing about everyones pokemon hacks etc. and hopefully playing some completed roms.

Years
    I love my precious little Mac but you're sadly right that there are more options for Windows users. :( But still! Since you have a Mac you are now officially my new friend, hehe. Putting a new OS on it is always a good choice, there's an awesome program that helps you install and switch between operating systems called Parallel Desktop. You'd need to buy Windows on your own but Parallel desktop is a great program for having two OSes installed simultaneously. I recommend it~

Welcome back to the forum inkstarx, by the way! Great to meet you!

Yeah, there are quite a lot of resources for the aspiring hacker here so you'll have a wonderful stay if you're looking to make your own game. There's a lovely little Toolbox subforum where you can get tools for your game, but the Tutorials subforum is another great place to learn the basics of hacking and how things work. Since hacking is so big here it means you'll find a lot of things to keep you busy as well as meet plenty of people who can help you along the way. It's a very worthwhile thing to do on PokeCommunity. I've never made a hack but I do enjoy playing 'em.. fangames like Flora Sky and Liquid Crystal were some of my very favorites. If you have an idea for your game already, you should let us know through the Quick Storyline Idea thread! As the name implies, that's the place where you'd tell us the plot and story ideas you have so far, and it's one of our most-used threads for hackers.

While I probably can't help you out on your hacking journey since my knowledge is very limited, you'll find others that can, so stick around! Try not to give up either; we have too many newbies join looking to make a game that don't get anywhere at all. :( It's sad because if you don't keep trying then you definitely won't get anywhere, right? And there's a whole slew of things to do here outside of hacking as well - only a small portion of the active community are actually hackers, so perhaps you can stop by other parts of the site too. Discuss the Pokemon games, delve into off-topic chats, trade, battle, and so on! Sticking around here will birth many fun and memorable moments.

Enjoy your stay on PC, inkstar! Be sure to let a moderator know if you need any help with the forum. We're always around to lend a helping hand to you awesome new members. And hey, hope you get that job! Money would be awesome! :D;

Years
    Hey there inkstarx, and welcome back to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Ah, so you're a Mac user, eh? Unfortunately, I'm not, but if you have a copy of Windows anywhere, see if you're able to bootcamp it and dual-boot (: other than that, looks like my good friend Cirny showed you around here at PC, cuz she's the best (and mods The Welcome Lounge)! I came by to welcome you personally, and I see you joined not too long after I did in 2010 :P

As a reminder, please be sure that you refresh yourself with the rules here, so that you don't wind up getting into trouble ;) the rules here have changed somewhat since you probably last were here, so make sure you know them in order to prevent getting yourself an infraction (;

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on PC's staff.. They are the users with the bold usernames here, and would be more than glad to help you out if you may ever need it! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay back here on PC! Always feel free to send me a friend request if you want to! And you are always more than welcome to either leave a VM on my profile and or send me a PM if you ever want to chat with me! ^_^

Back