• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reuniclus or Gothitelle?

Reuniclus or Gothitelle

• Reuniclus

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Gothitelle

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    During Gen V, two new psychic types were introduced - Reuniclus and Gothitelle. Which of these psychics do you prefer?

I like Reuniclus better. I started liking him ever since his design was revealed and I thought it was really cool! I caught one on White and he was easily one of the best Pokemon in my team. Plus, I used it more so I'm more familiar with him. I still like Gothitelle though, but not as much as Reuniclus, haha.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I prefer Reuniclus over Gothitelle too. I always thought Reuniclus was very cute, and I used to hate Gothitelle in the past. Reuniclus was also one of the reasons I bought the White games instead of the Black games.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
    Reuniclus as well :) I never really liked gothitelle, and reuniclus was super cute so I used it on my first playthrough of white

Years
    Because my original game was Black, I used Gothitelle in my first team, and actually didn't pay attention to the Reuniclus line as it rose to prominence in OU. Looking back on it, I wish I had traded my Gothita for a Solosis. Actually, Gothitelle is not too shabby in the competitive scene either, as she was sitting pretty in BL for generation V's metagame. I've just come to like Reuinclus' design more, as well as his versatility.

Years
    I remember when I first saw the Gothitelle line, I just assumed it was Dark type, so I never bothered trying to get one off the GTS or through a trade. Solosis (and later Reuniclus) on the other hand, I thought was a neat looking Pokemon, and I was quite pleased with its Sp. Atk and HP stats. Aside from Sigilyph, it probably ended up being my second favorite Psychic type in Unova, so I went with it in the poll.

Years
    I love both lines but Gothitelle got the nod ahead for me because I played the Black versions first out of the 5th Gen games. Funnily enough I had a feeling this poll was going to be lopsided towards Team Reuniclus.

Tek

Years
    Gothita's cute appeal and weird Pokedex entry make this an easy choice for me. I only wish I had known it was Black-exclusive before purchasing White version...

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Reuniclus is my favourite Pokemon, but I won't let bias get in the way of this.

I like them both, really. Reuniclus is hard hitting, has good durability and is adorable, while Gothitelle is good with trickery and illusion, trolling your opponents, stuff like that. I don't really like Gothitelle because it doesn't look like it should be Psychic type (or at least mono Psychic). I mean, Gothitelle basically gives away the idea that it should be Dark type in some shape or form. Reuniclus, while adorable, is also rather slow, which hampers its ability to attack effectively. This is negated through stuff like Trick Room, but that wastes a necessary turn. One thing I like Reuniclus for is the idea around it. Cell division. Aside from Ditto, we don't have that many Pokemon related to cells and such, so that piqued my interest in Reuniclus.

Reuniclus gets the vote (inevitable, huh) for those things I listed, most notable being the whole cell division thing. I just love Pokemon that make me think a little.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
    Reuniclus, in both stats and design. Gothithelle has a very bizarre design, what with segmented gothic dressing, and it's horribly made-up lashes. Although it has great defenses, it seems useless otherwise. I love the mitosis concept behind Reuniclus' line; plus Solosis has the cute factor going on. ;3

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Gothitelle for me. I hate Reuniclus's design so much that I can't get myself to like it. Gothitelle really just reminds me of the gothic version of Gardevoir. Personally I think it should be a psychic/dark or psychic/ghost type.

Years
    Reuniclus. Besides the fact I find it more useful in battle than Gothitelle, I prefer the Solosis line's designs and shiny color palettes over the Gothita line's. The Solosis line is adorable as heck and seems like they'd feel nice to hug, while the only member of the Gothita line I like is Gothorita. I also prefer Reuniclus's Abilities to Gothitelle's--Competitive and Shadow Tag are pretty useful, and Frisk does have its uses (especially in terms of determining what set an opponent may be running), but Magic Guard and Regenerator are even more fantastic, and Overcoat can protect Pokemon from the ever-so-annoying Spore.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd always preferred Reuniclus in terms of battling. After one Calm Mind, it would become nearly impossible to take down. Design-wise, however, I prefer Gothitelle.

Marsyas

Master of Shuppets
    Years
    Gothitelle for me. I hate Reuniclus's design so much that I can't get myself to like it. Gothitelle really just reminds me of the gothic version of Gardevoir. Personally I think it should be a psychic/dark or psychic/ghost type.
    Reuniclus's design is based on a eukaryotic cell (a nucleus surrounded by cytoplasm with organelles for arms, etc), I love it.
    Hooray for science!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like the design of Reuniclus better than the dark lady ^^ That's really the only reason I'd vote for Reuniclus. The prevolutions of Gothitelle are much nicer than the prevolutions of Reuniclus though. And since I haven't used any of them much in the games, design and movesets are the points I care about :3

Back