• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Starter Kit for making Online Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Port Forward.....
    But I don't think this is for you if you can't even figure that out :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    What are the ports that i open? and is there anyway to not change everytime my ip changes in game, because, if there is no way, ppl will need to dll always a new version every day and that will by very boring...

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    Downloaded and tried not bad, definately will help with that next mmo... I might use it and try my hand at an online mmo...

Years
    Very nice Alexandre.

Although, if I may make a suggestion. The screenshot that shows your options to send a Private Chat Invite, Trade Invite or Personal Message; I think you should reduce the text, so it doesn't fill the screen, you know just to save space. And if their name is long, wouldn't it increase the size of the window?

If I may make a suggestion, put the targets name at the top of the window, then change the options to: Chat, Trade, Whisper (or PM).

That way, the windows will be smaller, and it'll look neat and tidy. I know this is still in early stages, but yeah, just an idea.

In any case, I really love this and I can't wait for it to be complete.
    -Krobelus

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    hi i downloaded this a while ago and have been trying to make it so that in game you could chnage what the charicter looks like (eg: so u can look like a bug catcher or psycic etc) is this at all posible ive tryide the normal script for rpg maker but it dosent do anything. plz help

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    If I may make a suggestion, put the targets name at the top of the window, then change the options to: Chat, Trade, Whisper (or PM).
    Good idea, I'll remember to change it to that.

hi i downloaded this a while ago and have been trying to make it so that in game you could chnage what the charicter looks like (eg: so u can look like a bug catcher or psycic etc) is this at all posible ive tryide the normal script for rpg maker but it dosent do anything. plz help
    Use the Pokemon Essentials editor application to edit things like that.

have you worked out the PvP battle system out yet?
    As I said, I have exams next month and I don't have the time to work on it right now. During the summer holiday when I'm done with the rewrite I'll get cracking on the PvP system.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    What are the ports that i open? and is there anyway to not change everytime my ip changes in game, because, if there is no way, ppl will need to dll always a new version every day and that will by very boring...

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    I really like this idea, and when the PVP system gets released ill be sure to give this a try!
    And dont feel pressured by people that cant wait, first finish your exams and your PVP System after that :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2012
    I have this error with your program:
    SCRIP '[NET] TCPSocket 'line 53 Errno:ECONNREFUSED ocurred.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Hello everyone. I just downloaded Pokemon Essentials Online v0.8 and I noticed 2 things with pokemon battles. The first error is battling any pokemon wild or trainer will produce this error:
    Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials : Online
    Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `value' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x49c91a8>

PokeBattle_Battler:91:in `type1'

PokeBattle_Move:90:in `pbTypeModifier'

PokeBattle_Battler:1125:in `pbSuccessCheck'

PokeBattle_Battler:1212:in `pbProcessNonMultiHitMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:1485:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:1462:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battler:1488:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:1746:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battler:1745:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:1745:in `pbProcessTurn'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   
    I fixed it by editing PokeBattle_Battler line 90 from
    Code:
    def type1
    to
    Code:
    def type1=value
    and line 95
    Code:
    def type2
    to
    Code:
    def type2=value
    I hope that helps anyone with a similar problem.

Now I receive a new error only at the end of wild pokemon battles. (Trainer battles work just fine) The error is
    Code:
    Script 'Main' line 47: NoMethodError occurred.
    undefined method `main' for #PokeBattle_Scene:<0x45878f0>
    I am at a loss on how to fix this any help would be appreciated. I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post these errors but since it was a fresh install of Pokemon Essentials Online v0.8 with no modifications I should post here. Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Hello everyone. I just downloaded Pokemon Essentials Online v0.8 and I noticed 2 things with pokemon battles. The first error is battling any pokemon wild or trainer will produce this error:
    [/CODE]I fixed it by editing PokeBattle_Battler line 90 from
    Code:
    def type1
    to
    Code:
    def type1=value
    and line 95
    Code:
    def type2
    to
    Code:
    def type2=value
    I hope that helps anyone with a similar problem.
    Those were purposely edited for the trade system. I shall fix any problems with the battle system in the next version.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    This looks great, the second one is online ill be playing. although difficulty curve should be taken very seriously. like making it as hard as the real pokemon shows would be good, but then u have noobs that come in just wanting legendarys

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back