• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Rocket Science - A Kanto Journey [T](IC)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Rocket Science - A Kanto Journey [T](IC)
    Rocket Science - A Kanto Journey

Where It All Began

Just like any other day, the sun rises up from the east over Pallet Town. But for eight future trainers, this day bears a striking difference from any other day in their young lives. This is the day they will receive their first Pokémon from Professor Oak, with a Pokédex as well, and begin their journey to collect the eight Kanto gym badges and one day hopefully become the champion of the Kanto region. Professor Oak has also given these eight trainers the task of studying and collecting information on the Pokémon that reside in the Kanto region, for reasons that have not been made clear yet.

So these trainers are going to enjoy a peaceful, danger free journey right? Yea right, that would be no fun. Many Kanto citizens have been reporting criminal activity by an organization called Team Rocket. Stealing Pokémon and wearing ugly uniforms, typical bad guy stuff.

The twist is, the sighting of Mew. Citizens have been reporting multiple sightings of Mew, but not just one, but two Mew. One being the normal pink colored, but a few sightings have also featured a blue Mew. Is there a connection between Mew and Team Rocket? Or are they two separate situations happening coincidentally at the same time? Do I like eating waffles? The answers to the questions lie beneath a large amount of Role Playing posts, and yes you have to write them.

RP Mechanics

Chapters - This will be a chaptered RP; at the beginning of the chapter I will post things such as catchable Pokémon, events, items that can be found and the description of the area. At the end of the chapter, I will level Pokémon up; assign new moves, and tasks like that. The next chapter will start once everyone is finished the current chapter. When you have finished writing for the chapter, please VM me so I can remember.

Pokémon – Levels will be a factor in the game, all starter Pokémon will be Level 5. You do not have to wait for approval to catch a new Pokémon, as long as I say it can be found in the current area.

Gym Leaders/Elite Four – When you are ready to challenge a Gym Leader/The Elite Four, message me and I will PM you the team of the Gym Leader/Elite Four.

Exclusive Events - Some chapters will have an exclusive event that only one trainer or two if both agree can participate in. To be fair, once you claim an exclusive event, you cannot claim another one until every other character has claimed an exclusive event.

Accepted Trainers

Julius Caesar as Logan Ellsbury (Magikarp)
    Lacangel as Tobi Athens (Solosis)
    Minerva as Zaira Montes (Vulpix)
    Shaymie the Shaymin as Ariadne Williams (Mareep)
    Eeveeandmew as Heather DeRuiter (Gastly)
    GastlyGibus as Marachi Lee (Seedot)
    Midorikawa as Mozilla Foxx (Porygon)
    <Challenger> as Alexander Martin (Sandile)

Chapter 1 - And So It Begins

You have just received your first Pokemon from Professor Oak in Pallet Town, and are now heading out to Route 1, in the direction of Viridian City. The goal for this chapter is to get to know your new companion, explore Route 1, meet some new trainers, and make it to Viridian City while enjoying all that is Route 1.

Route 1 is where adventures begin, with the sun in the air, a slight breeze rolling towards Viridian as to guide you forward in your journey. Route 1 is a small dirt road that navigates through rolling hills, fields of tall grass and small clumps of trees amongst a handful of farming properties. About an hour outside of Viridian City there is a small Inn, with a restaurant and Pokémon center attached. You will be leaving in the morning, so expect to arrive at Viridian City in the afternoon if you walk at a steady pace without any distractions. Speaking of distractions…

Event Option 1 – Lost Girl (Exclusive, PM me to claim it)

As you are walking down route 1, getting closer to Viridian, you notice a girl huddled on the side of the road crying, being a good person you take it upon yourself to help her find her way home. After you complete this event, you will be rewarded with a White Flute.

Event Option 2 – Pest Control (Non-exclusive)

A Farmer is looking for trainers to scare away Rattata that are disrupting his crops. Provide proof to the farmer that your Pokémon has beaten 3 Rattata and you will be rewarded with a Sitrus Berry.

Event Option 3 – Do what you please

You don't have to do an event if you don't want to, you can just travel to Viridian if that's what you would rather do.

Pokemon in the area (From Level 3-5, I'll decide based on capture post quality):

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    After heading to route 1, a red-headed girl cries out, "Hunter! Come out!" as she flings a pokeball into the air. Out of the ball comes a gastly. He floats behind the girl, who is known as Heather DeRuiter. Hunter always seems to know what Heather was thinking. As they walk down the path, a few pokemon jump out at them. Hunter gets in front, ready for a fight. The pokemon facing them are a combee and a blitzle. Blitzle used quick attack, and it did nothing to hunter. Hunter uses lick on it, and gets a crit. The blitzle stubles and falls. The combee uses gust, but misses. Hunter, again aiming for blitzle, uses lick. The blitzle, now looking exhasted, does not bother trying to quick attack a gastly again. Combee how ever, uses gust, and hits hunter square in the face. Hunter, now angry, uses lick, paralyzing the combee. After using lick a few more times, combee faints, but not before getting in one more gust. Turning to the blitzle, Heather throws a pokeball at the tired little zebra. After catching it, Heather whispers, "Your a girl, so i'll call you... Lydia."

As she walks on, searching for pokemon, Heather finds what pokemon she wanted to get. "Dad said it is a good pokemon, and he thought I should get one. I will catch it, because it compliments my blitzle well." she spoke out loud. Since a rattata was near by, she called out both lydia and hunter for a double battle. "Lydia! Use quick attack on that rattata!" Lydia ran as fast as she could, right into the rattata. Hunter quickly used hypnosis on the pokemon Heather intended to catch. The shroomish fell asleep on the first attempt. Rattata tried using tackle on lydia, but lydia swiftly dodged the attack. "lydia! Again!" Using quick attack again, lydia smashed the rattata against a tree. Hunter started licking the shroomish. Getting to its feet, the rattata tackled lydia back. "Lydia! Hold on and use quick attack again and again!" Lydia soon took care of the pesky rat, and Heather returned her. Hunter had licked the shroomish a few times, and Heather threw a greatball (A gift from her father for this occasion), and the little pokemon was caught. Returning Hunter and picking up the greatball, Heather released him from it. "want to be named Steve?" The little pokemon nodded. "So Steve it is." Heather whispered as she returned steve. She got back on the path and headed north to viridian. It was getting dark when she arrived.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    "Hmph come out solosis", Tobi said in a cold monotone voice casually flipping his pokeball in front of him. "You'll get stronger and have more endurance if you walk along side me and not in that stupid pokeball all day. I chose you as my starter I expect you to be strong and a leader do you understand?", Tobi demanded as he stared deep into Solosis' eyes with pure strength and conviction.

"Solo! Solosis!", nodding at Tobi with its serious nature and determination and loyalty filling its eyes. Tobi and Solosis started their journey walking down route one looking for strong Pokemon to join their team. After about thirty minutes walking down route one Tobi and Solosis heard noises coming from behind a bush.

Tobi jumped back into his battle stance, "Solosis, BATTLE READY!", he commanded as Solosis flew back in front of him awaiting for further commands. A wild and fierce ratttata jumped out of the bush growling at them rearing its teeth at them. Tobi was impressed with this pokemons fighting attitude, but it takes a lot more than that for Tobi to consider a Pokemon worthy for his team. The ratttata jumped forward at Solosis, "Solosis use REFLECT!", Solosis responded as a wall made of energy appeared before it. Ratttata slammed head first into the wall. The collusion knocked it back a few feet and left a mark on its head.

"It's weak, finish it off Solosis, Psybeam!" Solosis shot out its Psybeam attack and landed a direct hit, defeating the wild Rattata. Without saying a word Tobi continued down route 1 on his journey.

Years
    Ariadne Williams

Ariadne looked at the Pokeball in her hand and frowned. What if I can't take care of it? Or what if it gets taken...? What if Daddy comes and takes it from me? she thought. She shook her head and sighed. She didn't leave home just to doubt herself. She had a point to prove. She had to prove to her father that she wasn't just a worthless girl. But still... Could she really do this? She wasn't prepared at all...

"I need to stop worrying so much," Ariadne said to herself. She looked at the Pokeball again and released the Pokemon inside. The fluffy sheep looked around for a moment before hopping around at Ari's feet excitedly. Ariadne smiled at it and bent down in front of it.

"I'm going to be your trainer for a while, okay?" she said. The Mareep smiled and nodded. Ariadne petted it on the head. "You need a name... Are you a boy?" The sheep shook its head. Ariadne smiled. "Then you're a girl... You need a cute name... How about Penelope?" The Mareep baa'd and rubbed its head against Ariadne's face. The girl smiled and stood up.

"Let's get going, then..." She hummed a song under her breath as she continued walking along Route 1. Penelope hummed along with her and skipped merrily. Ariadne slowly stopped humming and looked down at the ground. Daddy could be looking for me right now... She looked behind her and frowned. "He won't come right now..." she muttered under her breath. Penelope looked up at her curiously and tilted her head. Ariadne sighed and walked on sadly.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
    Years
    |Malachi Lee|
    The wrong side of the bed

What a beautiful morning it was; the pidgey's were chirping just outside the open window, a gentle breeze swaying into the bedroom, bringing with it the fresh scent of the outside. Malachi turned over in his bed, slowly opening his eyes to look at the alarm clock. Only 9:23…

"NINE TWENTY-THREE?!"

Malachi jolted up in a panic. He was certain he had set the alarm for 8:30 last night! The professor was expecting him at 9:00, and he was already over twenty minutes late. He literally threw his covers off the bed, quickly and frantically getting out of bed to freshen up.

"Okay, two minutes to shower, one minute to get dressed, one minute to grab some food, and three minutes to run to Oak's lab… if I hurry I can make it there before nine thirty!"

Except the clock now read 9:24.

"Damn it!" he swore under his breath. Of course he would forget to set the alarm; remembering to set the alarm would imply that he actually was capable of doing things right for a change. He nearly ran into the doorframe on his mad rush to the shower, narrowly dodging a nasty head injury. Head injuries were usually not regarded as a good start to a pokemon journey. After taking an extra minute to shower on account of not being able to locate the shampoo bottle, Malachi made the hasty decision to skip breakfast. After getting dressed and ready for the morning, he rushed out the front door, waving goodbye to his mother in the kitchen before he left. She waved goodbye back, calling out just before he left.

"Bye, son! I hope you find what you're looking for!"

*****​

Malachi had made it to the lab just as the other kids were leaving. He noticed a few of them already on their way down route one. Soon he'd be joining them, off on his own, free to do his own thing. The thought was both exhilarating and terrifying simultaneously. What if he wasn't cut out for the life of a trainer? What if he didn't do well and was forced to go back home? Did he even have the slightest clue as to what he was getting into?

"No!" he chastised himself, pushing those negative thoughts out of his head. "No more being cynical and pessimistic. I can do this! I just know it… I hope…"

After receiving his pokemon and pokedex, he was finally ready to start his journey. He looked out towards route one. It seemed most of the other kids had already gotten ahead of him. It was his own fault for waking up late. Regardless, it wasn't a big deal anyways. He'd catch up to them sooner or later. For now, he wanted to just take his time and enjoy the scenery. Stop and smell the roses, as it were. Malachi held out his pokeball - the capsule which contained his new partner - and released the creature, revealing a small, round pokemon that bore the resemblance of an acorn.

"Guess that's what I get for sleeping in… I get stuck with the acorn…" he thought, looking his partner up and down. Definitely not his first choice. He was hoping for something, well, cooler. Not that he had anything against seedots, exactly… just that, well, a squirtle would have been more appealing. Or maybe a gastly…

Useless debating aside, Malachi shrugged. He'd have to make due with what he had. He bent down to examine the creature, looking it in the eyes with a critical gaze, the seedot returning with it's own emotionless stare. "Well, the professor told me you were a boy. I suppose I should think of a name for you…" Malachi pondered over it for a moment. He was terrible at coming up with nicknames, but he felt it necessary to add some personality - some uniqueness - to his new partner. After all, they'd be travelling together for quite some time. Might as well get friendly with the creature.

Try as he might, he couldn't think of one right away. "Eh, it'll come in time. I'll think of something." For the time being, he settled on just calling his new friend seedot. He looked towards route one with uncertainty… but there was also a hint of excitement as well. A certain thrill. He scooped up Seedot in his arms and began to head down route one. A new adventure was about to begin.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Logan Ellsbury - Route 1

Logan took his first steps away from Pallet Town, with fresh air in his lungs, and his mind racing about the adventures ahead. He held a pokeball in his hands, which contained a Magikarp, his first pokemon.

"The other kids got all cool pokemon and I got stuck with a Magikarp," Logan thought out loud.

Logan hoped that the pokemon wouldn't hear him, as that would be a little awkward. After all the preparation Logan put in, he was left with the most useless pokemon of them all.

"Hopefully I can evolve Magikarp into a Gyarados," Logan dreamed.

Logan continued on his path, between a miniature valley between two small, grassy hills on his sides. Logan came across a Pidgey scratching at some rocks near the edge of the road.

" Let's catch a pokemon," Logan told himself.

" Go, Magikarp," Logan exclaimed as he released Magikarp out of his poke-ball, with Magikarp flopping about in front of the Pidgey.

" KARP! KARP!" The Magikarp shouted.

" Magikarp, use tackle," Logan directed.

" KARP! KARP," Magikarp replied, as he flopped into the Pidgey, causing some damage. The Pidgey fought back, spraying a small cloud of sand at Magikarp and Logan.

Logan grabbed an empty Poke-ball, and threw it at the Pidgey. Pidgey went inside, and the waiting began. One shake, two shakes, three shakes, and click! The Pidgey had been captured. Logan rushed over and picked up the Poke-ball.

" We did it," Logan said, looking at the Magikarp.

Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all. Logan returned Magikarp to his Poke-ball, and let Pidgey out so they could get acquainted. Pidgey looked at Logan, not sure what to think. Logan crouched down as an attempt to be on the Pidgey's level, then petted the pokemon on the head. Pidgey let out a short coo, and flapped its wings a couple of times.

" Well we better get going," Logan suggested, returning Pidgey to its new poke-ball.

Logan continued down the path, chest high in the air with the new found confidence that he can catch a pokemon.

Back