• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Roller Skates

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I only use Roller Skates in Lumiose. In story mode, I generally avoided both the bike and skates because I wanted to enjoy the scenery. Sometimes I would even walk without pressing B.{XD}

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Roller skates were one of the best things about X&Y!

They are so fun. If you want to take a relaxing walk they are definitely annoying and I'd enjoy them being easier to de-equip, but they're worth the negative points. If it weren't for the removal of the X/Y-axis dependence for movement then I wouldn't really care for them but when you're able to move with so much freedom, they're great. Much prefer skating around corners to using the bike <3

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
It got me a really long time to get used to them, but I use them a lot, since it is easier for me to use the circle pad than the directional one. They can only be annoying to me when I'm trying to enter a building, I usually have to try multiple times, lol.

ViperSpeeds

Espada
Years
I used the skates and ran, until I got a bike. I may use them for performing tricks, but for tavelling purposes, I use the bike.

Years
I think the majority of the time I used Running Shoes (particularly in enclosed spaces where the Roller Skates were almost impossible to manoeuvre lol) but the Skates were fantastic in more open terrain cause it gave you the sense of freedom which coincided with the fact you could actually move diagonally! haha. Spinning around and trying to figure out tricks as well as riding on rails, for example in Shalour City's Gym, was definitely a neat addition :)

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I liked them way better than holding B to run everywhere. However, that being said, they were also pretty annoying and slippery when it came to trying to talk to someone or press A on an item. You slid everywhere! X_x

I wish there was a way to turn them off without having to use the d-pad on the bottom of your 3DS. Who uses them to move around? It's awkward to hold! I wish that you could turn them off and still use the analog stick.

I've never used a bike so much in a Pokemon game til this one.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
It got me a really long time to get used to them, but I use them a lot, since it is easier for me to use the circle pad than the directional one. They can only be annoying to me when I'm trying to enter a building, I usually have to try multiple times, lol.

Yeah, if there's one thing rollerskates did make hard it was actually trying to get into specific places. If you have time to take a run at it you can angle yourself properly but trying to get to an item about a foot away and get in doors often ended in my character making a spectacle of himself in front of the people around!

Years
I love the rollerskates. I never cared for the bicycle but I love the roller skates, easier for me to use than the bike and faster than walking/running.

Years
I actually found them to be pretty useful. They are easily accessible and it seemed like a more free-flowing action than the bike. I especially like how I was able to maneuver my character thanks to the joystick. I did use it in conjunction with the bike mostly because it didn't offer as much speed as the bike did, but for casual roaming around the region I was almost always equipped with my skates.

Back