• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Characters] Roni's OCs (I guess?)

Years
  • I randomly remembered that I used to have an entire world of original characters that I made up back in ~5th grade. I had this simple little comic strip I created and let my classmates read, inspired by my hyperfixation at the time, Archie Comics.

It told the adventures of TJ & JT, twin brothers who aren't actually biologically related. They belong in the Turner family, and are pretty gifted. They had a zany group of school friends as well, and tackled life together in the most far out ways imaginable.

I've forgotten a lot of the characters, so they won't be as true to the original, but... I'm still the one who's making them, so I think it still is? Lol, I just want to document them somewhere.

TJ (Tyler James Turner)

Aesthetic: Very well groomed hair & clean shaven. Wears round glasses a la Harry Potter style. Constantly has a pen on his left ear, and in his shirt pocket. Wears a white button down oxford shirt all the time, paired with either tan, navy blue, or olive green chinos. Finishes it off with brown loafers and formal socks. Also has an antique watch on his left hand.

Background: TJ was an only child whose mother and father perished in a car accident. At the young age of four, he was taken in by an orphanage where he grew up. He was an avid reader, and loved to read at night, even though his room didn't have good lighting. This resulted in him developing eye problems at a young age, thus the iconic round glasses he always sports. He's blind as a bat without them.

TJ is very soft-spoken, and tries his best to be kind and helpful to everyone. He has a knack for creation, and loves robotics. Almost every week he tries to invent a device that can help QoL around the orphanage, but sometimes it does more bad than good.... Being an anxiety-filled mess, he shuts down completely and isolates when things go horribly wrong. He's got bouts of depression, but has the caretaker and his best friend Emily Rosenthorpe to confide to.

He and Emily became the best of friends for years in the orphanage, sharing the love for science and creation. They were the only two who understood each other completely, and at one point Emily became TJ's first crush. They spent their best nights going to each other's bedrooms, bringing text books & encyclopedias with them, reading about everything they could about the world. A blissful six years... until Emily eventually got adopted when they were 10.

TJ thought he could live the rest of his life with Emily in that orphanage, but now he was all alone, and that sent him into a spiral. He was never good with interviews, actively avoiding them after countless rejections. He became a recluse, never leaving his room and his books.

At the age of 13, everything changed when the Turners came in. They brought along their only child, JT, who was an explorative kind and sneakily entered rooms he wasn't supposed to. He encountered TJ in one of said rooms and they noticed... that they were a near splitting image of one another. A couple shenanigans later, TJ discovered how much JT was into the same stuff he was as well, and had fun with someone for the first time in so long. TJ decided to attend the interview for this one, out of a gut feel. There was an obvious bond with JT, and not long after, he became a Turner.

He's the goody two-shoes type, perfectly contrasting JT's edgy bad boy-ness. He's nowhere near as "prodigal child" intelligent as JT, but he keeps up very well because of his dedication to studying. When JT's out skateboarding or playing video games, he's in his room, reading. This time thankfully, with much better lighting.

JT (John Theodore Turner)

Aesthetic: Scruffy hair, a bit of stubble here and there from lack of grooming. Prefers simple clothes; usually just a blue or gray t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. Buys cheap watches constantly bcs he keeps breaking them.

Background: JT was born into the Turner family, a middle class bunch from the (fictional) town of Greengate. He was supposed to have a younger sister on the way, but JT's mother miscarried. Constant failed attempts at a sibling was a failure, and as a result, he was an only child for most of his youth. This led to him being spoiled.

JT is naturally incredibly intelligent, and chooses to utilize that for his own benefit. As he coasts easily through school, he charges classmates to do their homework for them, and uses that money to buy gaming consoles and skateboards and stuff. He's the mischievous type who loves to play pranks and get in trouble. He's gotten the school record for the most detentions ever, but they never expel him because he's the main source of victories for the school in quiz bowls and science fairs etc.

He's had a long standing rivalry with Emily Rosenthorpe, another genius who constantly tries to sabotage him, fed up with his pranks and antics. They make a great team smarts-wise, but have to be kept apart after a while else they'll start killing each other. The only reason why he remotely still tolerates her is because he is madly in love with her sister, Skylar. She's oblivious to him though, because even though he's pretty extroverted and outgoing, he still has anxiety towards girls he likes. And it doesn't help that Emily might absolutely destroy his chances with her, so he decides to keep that whole thing a secret from everyone.

JT's vocality on having a sibling led The Turners to eventually give adoption a go. JT's mother, Therese, suffered a complication where she couldn't bare anymore children, so this seemed to be the only way. They visited the Greengate orphanage, set to adopt a girl. JT's mischeviousness however, led him to finding TJ, and he couldn't believe just how similar they looked to one another. He realizes they shared interest in robotics, seeing the book TJ was reading, and essentially breaks him out of the orphanage to take him to the mall (somewhere TJ's never been to), a mechanical parts hardware, & a toy store. They were eventually caught, but TJ & JT bonded so well with each other, that they decided to become brothers.

They share a friendly rivalry when it comes to inventions, and clearly TJ is way more into it that JT ever could be. JT also respects that TJ can match him perfectly well when it comes to pranks, therefore he's not one he can bully easily, like other people.

It was quite the shock to JT that TJ and Emily immediately recognized each other at school, and were the best of friends at one point. He realizes this could be a perfect gateway to get to Skylar... Oh JT.

Adding more characters bios later when I feel like typing out lots of stuff again~

Last edited:
    Years
  • Cont.

ARCE pronounced: ar-see (Algorithmically Routined Creation Egg)
    Species: Egg-Shaped Robot

Aesthetic: About the size of a cereal box. Basically looks like Kirby, but metallic white and with an egg shape instead of being completely round. Has a "crack" between its mouth and eyes which it uses to deploy objects (I'll post a drawing of it later when I have more time lol)

Capabilities: Houses a projection laser inside its "egg crack", which it can use to modify atoms within the laser beam and create completely new objects from scratch. Has a size limit though; ARCE can't create anything more than twice its own size.

Background: ARCE is an advanced AI robot created as a school project by TJ. It was originally supposed to only be a laser projector, but TJ wanted to make it cute and give it a personality, in attempts to gain extra points over JT's project. The entire school board labeled it as a technical marvel, and constantly asked TJ to make it create things such as new school supplies (laptops, paper reams, and even chairs) in exchange for straight A's

However, ARCE later gained enough sentience to refuse doing these. It began developing a personality and passions in life, such as art and sports. After a brief commotion with the school and the military, TJ promised to shut it down and dispose of it completely. But he didn't have the heart to do, and continues to let ARCE exist in secret.

ARCE mostly stays at home, providing itself with its own equipment and has MARCE to keep it company. It also helps around with the house when it feels like it, which is a big help as the boys often don't like to do chores.

MARCE pronounced: mar-see (Matriarchal Algorithmically Routined Creation Egg)
    Species: Egg-Shaped Robot

Aesthetic: Same size as ARCE. Mostly similar aesthetic, but more pinkish, and doesn't have an egg crack. Has a bow instead on the top of its head, which opens up to reveal a much larger projection laser.

Capabilities: Since the laser can be stored within the full body frame instead of just half like ARCE, it allows for much larger objects to be created. It can also project more than one object at a time.

Background: MARCE was created out of envy from JT, when TJ was getting so much attention from their peers with ARCE. MARCE has much higher intelligence and can project larger and more plentiful objects, but it realized sooner that it did not need to serve to JT and the school's every whim, thus it couldn't fulfill its intended purpose to be a "better ARCE" for the school.

MARCE now serves as a companion to ARCE at the Turner residence. When TJ & JT aren't home, they go on their own wacky adventures together.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Arce sounds so cute? Do you have any drawings of it anywhere? I'd love to see them, if so. You should do something with these characters if you plan to revisit them at any point.

Years
  • Arce sounds so cute? Do you have any drawings of it anywhere? I'd love to see them, if so. You should do something with these characters if you plan to revisit them at any point.

Thank you! Thankfully I still remember how to draw them, so here's ARCE & MARCE for your perusal! Also included snippets of TJ & JT themselves lol.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've had plenty of plans to revive the comic strips and make them follow an actual storyline this time instead of just slice-of-life type adventures. Stay tuned!

Back