• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Roserade or Togekiss?

Who did you use your first shiny stone on?

• Roserade

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Togekiss

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Other/Didn't get a shiny stone

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
    Okay, so I was watching Marriland's Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke and he brought up a problem I, too have had and would like to ask what you all think: In D/P/PT you get two shiny stones, but you don't get the second one until much later than the first, so who do you think the first should be used to get, Roserade or Togekiss? Or did you use it on someone else? Did you not use it at all? Just curious.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
    I'm partial towards Togekiss (but in the metagame, Serene Grace Air Slash is one of my worst enemies) Pretty cool and different design, plus it has some above average stats. I like Roserade a lot though Gardenia made me wish I chose Chimchar.

I got one Shiny Stone but I was unsure which Pokemon were able to use it. Gen 4 is notorious for confusing evolutions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd personally go with Togekiss, due to the reasons stated in above posts. Every time I used it in battle, it has never failed me. I've won plenty of them just because of it. 8) Roserade's all right, but its performance ability isn't as great. To utilize it in a good way, you'd have to have some experience.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    I like Togekiss as well. I got it first and Serene Grace is awesome in battling. Roserade is actually a good Pokemon if used correctly. Whim and Venusaur are just better options, imo.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
    I like Togekiss as well. I got it first and Serene Grace is awesome in battling. Roserade is actually a good Pokemon if used correctly. Whim and Venusaur are just better options, imo.

Of course they are, I think most everyone would agree with that, but I'm talking strictly in-game, as otherwise Roserade is outclassed in all but a few situations.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I didn't use the Shiny Stone, but Togekiss is better than Roserade, at least in my opinion. As stated above, Serene Grace and Air Slash is a lethal (and annoying) combo, while Roserade didn't really get much. Not saying Roserade's in any way bad, it's a great Pokemon, it was just outclassed by Togekiss.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Roserade and Togekiss are both great Pokemon, especially with the buffs they received in the sixth generation.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
    Roserade gets Sleep Powder and Spikes as well as STAB Leaf Storm, so I prefer it. I'd have to rely on luck to win matches with Togekiss.

Well, Serene Grace makes luck much less of an issue, and leaf storm is one use then switch... But The fact is that would hit a good bit harder than anything Togekiss could (viably) do.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    At the end of the day, however, Serene Grace does boost the flinch chance of Air Slash, but it's still only ~57% factoring in accuracy. That's less than Hypnosis and Focus Blast, moves we all hate for their miss chance.

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    Of course I used both in all my Platinum runs why.

Roserade, because bias of being my sixth favourite Pokémon.
    Although it's decent Speed and Sp. Attack do allow it to get good unresisted coverage using just three of it's Moves from it's Moveset. I's also great support.

Togekiss is cool too, and Serene Grace yay.

But...
    Roserade.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
    At the end of the day, however, Serene Grace does boost the flinch chance of Air Slash, but it's still only ~57% factoring in accuracy. That's less than Hypnosis and Focus Blast, moves we all hate for their miss chance.

Exactly why Thunder Wave is also factored in. Which puts the chances a good bit over half, which is ridiculous, plus factor in it's decent bulk and wish/protect... It's by far the most effective strategy of it's kind.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Many Pokemon who normally counter Togekiss w/o Thunder Wave also happen to be immune to paralysis (Landorus-T, Landorus, Zapdos, Thundurus, Jolteon, Galvantula, Diggersby - especially Scarf variants, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Manaphy under rain). Oh yeah, even offensive LO Roserade can threaten Togekiss with Sleep Powder + Sludge Bomb, which is a 2HKO after Stealth Rock.

Also that Togekiss would have no way to hit steel-types, especially those who invest heavily in special defense... so yeah, unless you get insanely lucky, that Steel-type will usually win against Togekiss.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
    Many Pokemon who normally counter Togekiss w/o Thunder Wave also happen to be immune to paralysis (Landorus-T, Landorus, Zapdos, Thundurus, Jolteon, Galvantula, Diggersby - especially Scarf variants, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Manaphy under rain). Oh yeah, even offensive LO Roserade can threaten Togekiss with Sleep Powder + Sludge Bomb, which is a 2HKO after Stealth Rock.

Also that Togekiss would have no way to hit steel-types, especially those who invest heavily in special defense... so yeah, unless you get insanely lucky, that Steel-type will usually win against Togekiss.

That's why you have six Pokemon on a team, not just one. Anyways I understand no Pokemon is 100% effective at anything ever, they all have counters. This thread is for the in-game side of things anyways, I'm asking preference, not use.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    You also have six Pokemon on a team if you're using Roserade. See, it's countered by Heatran and Scizor (unless running the appropriate Hidden Power type). A good team tries to win as many battles as possible while minimizing the luck factor. Togekiss can't do that: the opponent still has a 30% chance to move and hit it hard.
    In-game, why would you bother using annoying strategies when you could just hit them hard and fast? Remember the trainers you're fighting in-game are not human.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
    I never said I did, no reason to. (except it's fairly interesting to see) But you can't say Roserade is decisively better than Togekiss, or vice-versa. And some teams win on nothing but luck, matter of fact, that's my favorite way to play. Anyways I won't say anything you said is it all wrong, just not decisive and not relevant, my question is in D/P/PT for in-game what did you do? Not which is better in the current metagame.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    It would just depend what I have in my team at the time and what I need. If I need a grass type I'd use it to get a Roserade and if I needed a flying type I'd use it to get Togekiss.

Back