• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rough translation project: pokespecial #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweak

:P o mannn, my japanese is rusty, i haven't used it for a year. i'm beginning to roughly translate book #8 =_=l it's not the translating part that's taking me a long time...its just the scanning is annoying me. i was lazy to create seperate pages for each pg of book #8, so all the pgs are on 1 web page. currently i think i have 4-5 pages up. i'm trying to get 5 up & translated a day.

https://zapchu.com/thunder_pokespecial8.htm

>O does ANYONE know how to scan manga without bending the pages for a flatbed scanner!!! and...i tried using a digi cam, but i'd need 2 pairs of arms for that (one to take fotos, one to hold down book)...which normal humans don't have. xD

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    Zapchu said:
    >O does ANYONE know how to scan manga without bending the pages for a flatbed scanner!!! and...i tried using a digi cam, but i'd need 2 pairs of arms for that (one to take fotos, one to hold down book)...which normal humans don't have. xD
    Maybe through the use of paperweights? One for each side of the book?
    Well I have the English version of the books, so I can't scan them to put on the website (copyright issues), so may I link to that page on your site on the Pokespecial website? The translations are alright.
    btw, according to my book, Kurumi=Mary (the Radio Host) and Gorou=Grant, but it's better to stick with their Jap name.

Tweak

Maybe through the use of paperweights? One for each side of the book?
    Well I have the English version of the books, so I can't scan them to put on the website (copyright issues), so may I link to that page on your site on the Pokespecial website? The translations are alright.
    btw, according to my book, Kurumi=Mary (the Radio Host) and Gorou=Grant, but it's better to stick with their Jap name.

hmmm, i just place my entire manga inside the scanner and to get good scans i have to hold down the top of my scanner, that is what bends the books. =/ mmm...i'll try da paper weight idea. my web page is link free. :P i think i'm going to add more pgs tonight, if my translations are wrong, please note me.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I think link-free means that if you want to link to her (Zappy's) website, you don't have to ask her. n_n I think she hinting. *wink wink* ;D

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Nice work on the translations Zapchu

I have these G/S/C volumes and its a very big help to know what they are saying

Keep up the good work :)

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
    So you mean we can use them on our site? I mean we really need them now since someone hacked into our site...

( a few hours ago it was down... now its gone...)

Purin- Will using the backup files work?

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    Omega-Brendan said:
    So you mean we can use them on our site? I mean we really need them now since someone hacked into our site...

( a few hours ago it was down... now its gone...)

Purin- Will using the backup files work?
    The scans are Zapchu's property; I am working on the resource page to include links to her website. I have backups anyway. However, I need to rework on some sections before I reorganise the files back onto the net.

Tweak

:( no one gave me good tips on how to scan da manga yet without bending the cover. does anyone know of a special book scanner?

sorry i haven't done any translations lately =-= school started

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
    I just thought of this

1) Get another manga of the very same kind...
    2) rip the pages of the one that is less important to you
    3) scan them page by page
    4) Your book won't have bends.......

:p ok maybe that was stupid, but maybe you can just take the outer cover off while scanning and when you put it back on it won't look like its got a big bend.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    Zapchu said:
    :( no one gave me good tips on how to scan da manga yet without bending the cover. does anyone know of a special book scanner?

sorry i haven't done any translations lately =-= school started
    I don't think I have seen any scanner that uses a flat page for a base and can scan the pictures when you slot it between the pages.
    I'll try to figure something out when I have finished my school project work.

Tweak

Zapchu if u need translating manga email me @ [email protected] and ill trans late it.

thanks...but the problem right now is figuring out how to scan it. :knockedou what's that upright scanner you guys were speaking of...

Tweak

well i took the cover that comes down on the book when its put in. also try photo copyin it then scannin the photo copy

yea, photocopying it is the same problem. i have to push down the manga to get good scans, and that bends the inner book (not the removable cover), and you see, i don't want to bend the book.

mmmm, there hasta be special book scanners out there.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    Zapchu said:
    yea, photocopying it is the same problem. i have to push down the manga to get good scans, and that bends the inner book (not the removable cover), and you see, i don't want to bend the book.

mmmm, there hasta be special book scanners out there.
    That upright scanner is just part of my imagination =P but I hope it does exist.

Tweak

That upright scanner is just part of my imagination =P but I hope it does exist.

O_O; yeeeeeh i thought it actually existed. hahaha

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back