• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] Rp management help

What should I do?

• Keep rp#1 up and hope for the best.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait and see what happens, decide later.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Post rp#2, it's ultimately more likely to do well.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Hey people of pokecommunity.
    So a few days ago I posted an OOC thread for my rp, Pokemon Isles. This is my first attempt at GMing an rp (on pokecommunity, that is).
    It hasn't gotten much attention, which I understand is largely in part to most of the regular rpers focusing on the major rps going on right now, and obviously not having the ability to pay their undivided attention to 5 rps at once.
    But I've also been worrying that my rp concept and execution is, in fact, bad. And what makes matters worse is that I have came up with what I think is a much better idea, with a more professional and developed concept akin to that of most of the popular roleplays on pc (being more prose-based with an actual plot that is expected to be developed).
    So this creates a two sided debate in my head. I think that my new idea might be better than the other in comparision to the already popular roleplays on here, but the idea being more like the others doesn't necessarily garuantee more people will be interested. In fact, people might be craving the opposite, a simpler, fresh and relaxing break to the mold. And I, as a GM, also enjoy a relatively simple rp compared to one heavy with 10 paragraphs a post and lots of story. On top of that, I can't reasonably have both rps up at once, as I can't manage two at a time, especially not for my first rp, and not within a few days of each other.
    So, ultimately, I have three options:
    A. Keep my current rp up and hope it gets some more attention soon.
    B. Wait a few more days and see if rp #1 picks up. If not, request a removal and post rp #2.
    C. Remove rp #1 and post rp #2 immediately.

Any thoughts on this?
    My rp, Pokemon Isles, can be found at the top of the listing in Roleplay Casting.

Years
  • Give it some more time. It usually takes a little while before you can really say whether or not an RP is going to work or not cause we can be a slow bunch.

It's also often harder for new GMs to attract attention though, so even if this one isn't a go, it is not necessarily because of its quality but because of familiarity. That's why we usually recommend getting to know the regs by joining an RP first.

I'd suggest looking in at Trainers, Square One or Advent to start with. Spear is also always open but it's very big and very busy, so that's something to keep in mind.

Years
  • Give it some more time. It usually takes a little while before you can really say whether or not an RP is going to work or not cause we can be a slow bunch.

It's also often harder for new GMs to attract attention though, so even if this one isn't a go, it is not necessarily because of its quality but because of familiarity. That's why we usually recommend getting to know the regs by joining an RP first.

I'd suggest looking in at Trainers, Square One or Advent to start with. Spear is also always open but it's very big and very busy, so that's something to keep in mind.

Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking of joining Square One.

Years

All right. My plan is to relax and get to know people around here more, and understand how the rp community works. I am planning on joining Hoenn: Square One or Advent, and requesting that my Pokemon Isles rp thread be taken down as I plan on posting a much more appropriate rp that I feel will be both recieved and enjoyed more by everyone, including me. I'll keep Wingull Mart open if anyone is interested in it.

I'd also like people to conveniently forget about my new server pains (me continously asking people to rp with me) XD

Back