• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] rp time commitment

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • when you join an rp, how much time to you expect to commit to it? i think that expectations of workload should def be laid out by the gm from the outset, but- how does that translate into your personal time? how much time do you spend thinking about posts, writing posts, interacting with your co-writers?

and how much time do you want to commit to an rp? is it more or less than you tend to do?

this could also all go for the grand scope of things as well! what do you expect/desire in terms of the overall time an rp will run? are you in it for years, or are you someone who wants to play for a little while and then move on?

Years
  • ((I can't be sure about how much time I could expect to devote to RP, with real life things, regular and irregular, popping in.

If I join an RP, I would want to commit to it around an hour to it per day, taking the time to think about, and shape, the post appropriately, while interacting with co-writers as much as needed. Once in one, I certainly want to be in until it ends. I personally see it as a story co-written by several authors, and I really like to see it, once started, reach its conclusion.))

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Once I'm part of an RP I dedicate a lot of my headspace to it! There are always scenarios playing out in my head that make me excited just to wake up, and this is incredibly fun! It's really good for my mental health and keeps me grounded in something. It's what I adore about writing so much.

With all this enthusiasm poured into it, I always hope to see an RP through to the end if I can, and I'm perfectly happy with them going on for a year+! The side effect of this is that I fall into artsy depression if things stagnate and nobody seems interested in the RP anymore, haha. But that's why I enjoy casual, long-form RPs, you can always get it moving again if you try.

Unfortunately my time and energy commitment can't really keep up with my ideas, like most! Not since my teens. But I try my best to juggle writing with all the boring adult things that overtake my hobbies haha. I think I've been getting better at that with the Hisui RP and I'm having a blast with it. :)

Years
  • I think about the RPs (text or ttrpg) pretty much constantly lmao. When I'm bored/tired and have nothing to do or when I'm doing something mundane enough for my thoughts to wander, my characters and/or particular exciting recent story developments are usually where my mind goes. It's just a shame I can't dedicate more time to actually putting all of this into practice. I have too much other stuff to write and only so much mental energy.

Ideally though, I try to get a couple of hours of work done on RP stuff each week. Lately it hasn't been working out that way, but I hope to get back into the swing of it again soon.

Back