• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen RSE-ORAS Trainer sprite comparison

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I am absolutely in love with the recreations. The XY trainer class drawings kinda disappointed me but hey, that's less work for them lol.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • One thing I noticed is that the R/S/E Aroma Lady and the OR/AS Aroma Lady share the exact same pose. I also find the new Poke Maniac's expression hilarious.

Years
  • I liked how most of them kept close to the original designs. It shows how well devoted Game Freak were being in making this an almost "literal" remake.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The Beauty recreation looks... interesting to say the least.

But yeah great video there, I'm loving how all of the sprites are looking updated.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I noticed that they left out Maxie and Archie there. I hope that the Battle Brains were also left out...and not that GF left out the BF in these games.

I like the looks of the ORAS trainer classes, noticed the Sailor lost major weight...I guess Tabitha gained that same weight xD.

Years
  • I noticed that they left out Maxie and Archie there. I hope that the Battle Brains were also left out...and not that GF left out the BF in these games.

I like the looks of the ORAS trainer classes, noticed the Sailor lost major weight...I guess Tabitha gained that same weight xD.

I think the reason Maxie and Archie were left out (and same goes for Brendan and May) was because they only have 3D models as opposed to artwork. The video was only comparing the artwork so that's why they didn't show up.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Winona looks amazing. Glacia does too! I'm liking the other designs, too. I can see some are being re-used from X/Y, but that's no problem. I can't wait for the Bug Catchers to return! It's been so long ^_^

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • The birdkeeper has always been my favorite NPC- so happy with how he turned out.

Not much of a fan of the recycled art work from XY- but mostly because I was really hoping to see the witch hat on the hex maniac.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I love how much more detail they can put into the new sprites. You can only tell so much from a 64x64 image. The new sprites have much more personality.

Years
  • OMG THE BATTLE GIRL LOOKS AMAZING!! :) I can't WAIT to get to Brawly's Gym now and face them haha, purely for that artwork xD

I also think the female Pokémon Rangers' design is really pretty, they're my favourite designs along with the Battle Girls :) Gabby and Ty look cool; I like that you can differentiate easier between who's older in the Sr. and Jr. pairing and it's so cute that the Young Couple have kissing Luvdiscs on their shirts lol :)

The only original one I preferred was the Blackbelt but that was moreso for the pose rather than design; however that's completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and I'm just nitpicking haha - ARGH I can't wait for ORAS!! :)

Years
  • They look pretty nice for the most part; I like how the majority of the ORAS sprites are very similar to their RSE poses. You can tell Game Freak have put a lot of effort into making ORAS as similar to RSE as possible whilst making them unique games. And the Ruin Maniac is still one of my favourite trainer classes.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Ahhh, they did such a good job with all of them!

I love the Interviewers, they were always my favourites to battle in the original R/S/E.

The Parasol Lady and the Aroma Lady also look fabity fab.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    My favorites were Wally, the Male Pokemon Ranger, the Birdkeeper, the Parasol Lady, and the Cooltrainers.

The only ones I noticed as being particularly bad were the Young Couple and Sidney. The Young Couple don't look in love - they look like being in the others' presence makes them want to puke. And Sidney may need to see a doctor about whatever happened to his mouth.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    I think the reason Maxie and Archie were left out (and same goes for Brendan and May) was because they only have 3D models as opposed to artwork. The video was only comparing the artwork so that's why they didn't show up.

RSE-ORAS Trainer sprite comparison

I personally think Tabitha looks horrible.

Back