• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby and Sapphire Bug...

usami

biohazard
Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm not sure if anyone knows this but there is a bug in Pokemon ruby and sapphire this is an article on the-magicbox.com:

Nintendo of Japan announced there is a bug in Pocket Monster Ruby & Sapphire for GameBoy Advance, after the game is played for one year, the internal clock function may get corrupted and certain time triggered events may not longer available, such as berry growth and Pokemon lottery. Those who experience the problem can call up the Nintendo Service Center in Japan for a repair.

Just thought i'd metion this.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I saw this. Pretty surprising actually. They haven't said if it goes ditto for the US versions.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm hoping its not in the U.S. version but if the Pokemon Of Japan had just found the bug that means theres a pretty good bet its in the USA versions.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • In an archived news article on Pokemon Forever Meowth346 says something about this happening and he said it could be fixed by restarting your game. I don't know if he was talking about the US or Japanese version though.

Sleek

Eon Trainer
    Years
  • wow, meowth is pretty famous underground. i knew one of his friends on gamefaqs. he is a hacker. kool. and i make games. if only i knew him personally....

Sleek

Eon Trainer
    Years
  • i know. i just wish i knew him. he is the type of guy that if he was in the making of lets say red and blu, missigno probably would not be there. if u need me to explain why just ask.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2009
    O.o

that happened on my crystal game, come to think of it! After about a year, the clock buggered up"

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It still saves your games, it just doesn?t perform time functions like sales and berries.

latios tamer

i hate pokemon
    Years
    • Age 32
    • N/A
    • Seen Oct 14, 2005
    i've never known anyone thats played it for more then 6 months so i don't have that problem

Amras_Calaelen

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • If this is about ingame time 6 months...then those who have it are insane...who would ever have aprox. 4320 hours of gametime on his cartridge? realtime? we are in grave danger...

Rayquaza

Champions Of The Sky
    Years
  • its only when you play it for over a year orso. And I thought it was something with the realtime battery, but you can charge it when you have a flashlinker.

Amras_Calaelen

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • But still, it's quite a big mistake to maek a game with time-based stuff run out of bateries to create the time-based stuff

and why do we need yet another piece of Hardware to charge it again? Can't it be done in some conventional way without buying new stuff? Aw well, who cares, as long as we have fun with the game :D

Josh

Level 99 Black Belt
    Years
  • I've read about this bug on another message board and it will without a doubt affect the North American Versions of Ruby and Sapphire.

It's 100% true.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    oh great, way to go! What next? Exploding catridges?
    Why are there so many bugs in these games? I've got an american version, insteaad of english (i got it before anyone else over here :P)
    But now I just feel stupid for bying both versions...
    Ruby and Sapphire Bug...

Oh well, atleast It doesn't bugger your game completely, I suppose i can live with it... :\

UmbreonxTrainerx

Starmie/Vaporeon Trainer
    Years
  • Something simialiar to this happened on my Silver version.I had played it for about a year and then all of I sudden I noticed that My attacks weren't showing up.now that really sucked!

Ntice,after a year or two something bad is bound to happen to your game.

Back