• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Runescape.... Wait, what?

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    I tried PK-ing in F2P but the internet on my computer's crap, most likely because of the crappy USB dongle I use for Wi-Fi. So I might just make it into a member and try some stuff out on there. Though it'd be a bit limited, only having 2 defence and all.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    DARN YOU, OP. DARN. YOU.
    Runescape.... Wait, what?

LOL...it's OK; just kidding (or am I?). Since my last post in here and the construction of this thread, I've been more engaged in RuneScape - to the point where I have pulled off several "leveling streak sessions", the most recent of which was to get my Fishing skill to level 40. That was quite a while ago. And it's at 60 now - currently, it's my highest stat. -.-

Once I finish all of the Free-To-Play quests, the game will likely get more boring, but it's been very fun recently. Especially when I go adventuring with my clan - we pretty much do anything and go anywhere in Gielinor. The game sucks up so much of my time, just like PC does!

Comments:

I have grudges against Red Deadly Spiders and the Skeletons of Varrock Sewers. The Skeletons KO'd me in there when I had switched to another FireFox tab, thinking my character could handle the fight for a minute or so. The Spiders KO'd me when I was really tired trying to collect the Red Spider Eggs needed for Strength Potion Level 4 (along with Limpwurt Roots). Very very annoying. Now that I have finally obtained Rune Equipment, I am striving to make sure such embarrassments never happen again to my avatar.

I invest in lobsters (lobbies) for the most part. I hate that their price on the Grand Exchange has lessened, though.

I'm glad to have the PvP Wilderness back; it was one of the truly scary parts about RuneScape some years back. I dislike the removal of the Grand Exchange price limits, because now the GE is effectively broken, with stupid freaking scammers encountered nearly daily, and annoying n00bs blatantly asking for money without making so much as an attempt to at least sell ashes or something beforehand. -.-

I am a supporter of BoneCrusher becoming a F2P item (almost crushed me when I found out it was P2P).

The Dragon Scimitar is the coolest-looking weapon in the game. Too bad I can't even obtain the true version. :cer_cry:

My current goal is to get the Explorer's Ring 4 and clear my bank of Mining, Smithing, and Crafting materials.

I tend to whack people who piss me or my clanmates off with Mithril 2h swords. I may soon move to Rune 2h swords. My newly-obtained Rune BattleAxe works wonders as well.

I despise and detest bots, and occasionally I work to thwart them and their nasty schemes. Especially when I race one and beat them when collecting Limpwurt Root spawns in the Edgeville Dungeon's resource dungeon. :D

I am a supporter for free bank space. Honestly, 78 spaces just doesn't cut it. My bank is cluttered and I can hardly go Dungeoneering these days because of it.

I am also a supporter for F2P Skillcapes. If you invest that much time into the game, you should get something other than a flimsy message.

Finally, I am a supporter of balancing the Fist of Guthix match-ups. Having n00bs pitted against Level 100+ opponents just isn't fair! Though I've made someone ragequit before due to running like a Deoxys Speed Forme. ;)

Here's a video involving two of my clanmates (clan name is currently Revolution; clan owner is currently Crippleu2). I was not present. Please give them a break, as one is a pie addict and the other one is a tiara-loving wildy addict Prince of Crandor. And it's their first vid, anyway. The main draw is most likely the KO near the end, so you might want to fast-forward: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBtpdUPAuO8

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    @fen - If you've finished everything, why not upgrade to members? You can pick up a membership card at 7-11. I didn't know if members was for me when I considered it, but right now, I'm very glad I bought it. There's no way I could go back to the free version.

So I plan on starting a RuneScape clan. I'm considering the name The Mirror Guild, or the Gielinor Network.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    @fen - If you've finished everything, why not upgrade to members? You can pick up a membership card at 7-11. I didn't know if members was for me when I considered it, but right now, I'm very glad I bought it. There's no way I could go back to the free version.

I've contemplated that for a while as I currently work on unfinished tasks and quests and stuff... I might do it in the future, but not right now. There are several other games I'm prioritizing over that right now... (the Nintendo 3DS console, Pokemon Black/Gray Version, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS, StarFox 64 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Super Street Fighter 4 3DS, to name a few).

Plus, I'm awaiting a time down the road where I'll be able to play RuneScape daily and get my money's worth for actually being a member. Members have a bunch of intriguing perks, though. T_T

Also, the newly-released urns are awesome, but are tedious to fill up at times! >_>

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
    The glory days for this game are long gone for me. Back in late 2004-early 2007 pretty much all I did was play RS. On my days off in 6th and 7th grade I used to get up 10 minutes after my mom left for work at 7:30 to play runescape. I'd play RS from then until about 11 pm at night and then sleep. That all changed though when I got xbox live in late 2006 and pretty much stopped playing RS altogether in early 2007.

I still have my account today, can't say I really play it much. I occasionally do at my school when I'm done with everything and bored, but the game itself doesn't have much left for me to offer. My main is level 103 combat with a total level of 1600 something I think. I just don't find it enjoyable enough anymore to want to spend hours and hours on it.

It will still hold a special place in my mind though. I remember for a two year period that's all my friends and I wanted to do - was play runescape. I can't say I've ever had any other MMO make me want to spend every spare moment playing it. Even WoW is pretty boring to me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023
    I left RS with the least amount of dignity. Walked into wildy with everything expensive i had to my name and went afk.

GG!

Back