• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Event Running out of time - GT 2023 Pokémon Challenge

Years
  • I completed Segment 1!

Current Rules:

- The correct time period: You may only battle one segment's final gym leader / captain / kahuna with Pokémon caught in that segment. Once you get this rule, you can choose during which segment it will apply. (Note: chose to apply it to the first gym/the first segment.)
    - The Prehistoric age: You can only use Grass and Normal-types for the next segment. ( Note: I kind of forgot about the global rules when I played, so I hope I can use the rule in the next segment instead.)

I mostly just caught a few Pokemon and grinded them up a bit. And Geodude fought the whole gym mostly on it's own.

Current team:

- Tokito the Cyndaquil, Lvl. 12
    - Rokurou the Geodude, Lvl. 12
    - Zaveid the Hoothoot, Lvl. 8
    - Jude the Bellsprout, Lvl. 5

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

[tab=segment1]
      DMFiE8i.png
      [/tab] ⋆ [tab=pokemon1]
      SZArCEw.png
      [/tab] ⋆ [tab=previous1]
      e67hsyc.png
      [/tab] ⋆ [tab=rules1]
      awPsKEi.png
      [/tab]

segment one

I begin my adventure with Shrek the Treecko. On the way to Rustboro, we got Poisoned by a Shroomish before running into this dude with 4 Wurmple and I thought Shrek was going to die of Poisoning right here - clutched through the battle but not the way to a Pokémon Center, unfortunately, but then user Cubeth told me this is not in fact a Nuzlocke so I did not just kill my only Pokémon.

Anyway, I have so much faith in Shrek that I did not even catch him a partner, we hoofed it straight to Roxanne, and as I expected he smoked her whole team.

And we end this very short segment with a new badge and Shrek's evolution!

move to future 6, please!

I'm not sure if I was displaced because of something in-game someone triggered or if the resolution of my screen made it so, but I currently see my sprite in Future 5, though I think I started on Future 2 - if this is a mistake and I am still on Future 2 then I move to Future 3.​

pokémon

pokeball.png
    SHREK

Grovyle, M
    lvl. 17

Ability: Overgrow

Pound
    Pursuit
    Absorb
    Quick Attack

previous segments

none yet!

j1z9g0P.png

rules

personal

A thousands-years old vampire - As long as you have at least 100 000 Poké Dollars, any Pokémon that knows HP-draining moves is unaffected by any of your rules.

global

The Prehistoric age - You can only use Grass and Normal-types for the next segment.

The Medieval age - You can only use Fighting and Fairy-types for the next segment, or in alternative, only Normal-types.

badges

I1txVQV.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • Part 4 complete! 100 points to Apricorns!

The new rules were the toughest yet that our hero, APRICRN has dealt with! And that's saying something given how tough Whitney was. Being forced to only use Normal and Fighting types, with no TM usage would be difficult enough. But given that the 4th gym is a Ghost type gym, well, she sure struggled! Thankfully, after catching a Snubbull and an Aipom in hopes that one of them would eventually learn a non-normal type move, a realisation occured to APRICRN! Why, Pigeotto is a dual type of normal! That made things much easier, though still a struggle, given that the entire party of 6 had 1 move between all of them that was useable. After making a stop at the moomoo farms to pick up a mint berry for the hypnosis spam, she challenged Morty and defeated him!

iNf6EzT.png

urn4O4P.png

I would like to interact with the Stone in Past 9 and then move onto Past 8, unless I'm magiced elsewhere by the stone!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years

• Trainer: TwilightBlade
    Game: Pokemon Heart Gold
    Badges: 3
    --- Segment 3 Update ---

Global Rule: The Medieval age - You can only use Fighting and Normal types for the next segment.
    Trainer Rule: In the name of progress - You can only use the best version of each available item.
    Trainer Rule: Fast catches - You may only catch the most common Pokémon you can run into in each area.
    Trainer Rule: Slower than usual - Your Pokémon cannot evolve by any other method other than level up / friendship. In that case, they can only evolve once their level is equal to their normal evolution level (or the level at which they obtained max friendship) + 5.
    153.png
    pokeball.png
    074.png
    premierball.png
    066.png
    pokeball.png

I caught a Drowzee, which is the most common Pokemon on Route 34. I traded Drowzee for the in-game Machop, which is perfect timing for the new global rule. Also, the boosted EXP gains with a traded Pokemon are much appreciated. Machop quickly gained levels and defeated Whitney's gym. No nightmares today from Miltank's Rollout!

Future 16 Action : I have warped from the Past to the Future! I would like to investigate those enormous shiny dragon fangs.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Alright, so... I tried to update everyone again, the map should also work well

@Celèste and @TwilightBlade: you didn't specify in which room to move next, did you?

We have no new global rules because... the stone didn't react at all and the fangs were just there for display. Maybe another time...

We have new rooms being discovered!
    - Past 3 has what is now clearly recognizable as a time warp and... nothing else.
    - Future 13 has a cup of coffee. Could you bring it to me please? Oh, and there's also some fossils... now those look more interesting.
    - Past 6 only had a warp that goes who-knows-where, so @Devalue - you're now in Past 11. Probably better off here, since we have both some strange crystals on a ledge and a random pressure plate that begs to be stepped on... what?

Years
  • - ARCANEUM THE BURGLAR
    - WEDNESDAY 16TH AUGUST 2023
    - CURRENT DESTINATION: AZALEA TOWN
    - TARGET DESTINATION: GOLDENROD CITY
    - TODAY ON ARC RADIO: KYLIE MINOGUE - GOLDEN
    Chapter 3 - Medieval Throwdown

Global Rules - You can only use Fighting and Fairy types, or ONLY Normal Types this segment
    Personal Rule 1 - You may only use Pokémon which were not introduced in the Generation your game is in (Generation 2).
    Personal Rule 2 - You must use at least one Electric type Pokémon in your party this segment. (No longer in effect)
    Personal Rule 3 - Your Pokémon cannot evolve this segment

Getting some restricting rules now... would be what I normally say! After having to reset a part of my run, as I misread the global rule, we've got another Badge in our pocket!

With Bugsy defeated, it was time for the thankfully quick segment - onwards to Goldenrod! We firstly bump into our rival Arge, who packed quite a bit of a punch actually, we almost whited out! However we managed to persevere, so it was time to head into the forest and see what new Pokémon were waiting!

(Although I then realised that I had no Normal types, so it was time to backtrack and get some, so I managed to catch Doom the Meganium (Normal/Dragon) and Fridge the Bayleef (Normal/Dragon).

We started off strong, with an Absol (Ground/Normal)! Something that could learn Cut AND had the bonus of being Normal Type, so it was actually usable! As I could only actually use 2 Pokémon right now (Fridge the Bayleef (Normal/Dragon) and Doom the Meganium (Normal/Dragon), I went ahead and caught two of these - both named Gloom. One to become the HM slave and the other to actually use. We actually didn't see anything else, all of our encounters seemed to be Absol! Nice experience I guess.

Once we were out of Ilex Forest, we were welcomed to a whole plethora of Pokémon. Firstly, I caught Magus the Mamoswine (Psychic/Fighting), as even though I can't use it right now, that would be a strong Pokémon for later. We also caught Zodgilla the Ivysaur (Normal/Fighting), TRUMPET the Exploud (Psychic/Ghost) and Dean the Abra (Normal/Flying). After that, I decided to just be done with it and level up my current party and get Whitney out of the way.

One bonus of the randomiser is... no Miltank! So after getting Fridge up to level 20, Doom to level 16 and Gloom to level 13, we took on the Gym. It was actually quite easy, with Gloom having some good type combinations to be able to deal with most of the trainers and Doom/Fridge between them dealt with Whitney's ace (which was a Banette).

And with that, segment over! Easy peasy! Not looking forward to the next one though...

EDIT: I just realised that this segment actually broke my first rule of not using something from Gen 2, so I have re-run the segment replicated the above, I updated my Pokémon list to show what I actually had as a result.

Badges: 3 (Zephyr/Hive/Plain)

I would like to move to Location 6 in the Past please and presuming I can also interact with something, can I interact with whatever is in there. I also don't think I got an update for my previous move.

- PREVIOUS LOGS
    Spoiler:

- POKÉMON PARTNERS
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

[tab=segment2]
      DMFiE8i.png
      [/tab] ⋆ [tab=pokemon2]
      SZArCEw.png
      [/tab] ⋆ [tab=previous2]
      e67hsyc.png
      [/tab] ⋆ [tab=rules2]
      awPsKEi.png
      [/tab]

segment two

My faith in Shrek came to bite me in the ass because I didn't think for the long-term, which is to say my current rules don't allow me to use my only Pokémon (or I guess I was thinking too long term 'cause I'm playing like I already have 100 000 Poke Dollars and can always use Shrek as long as he has an HP draining move). So I figured I would go and catch the first useable thing I see, no battling, just throwing balls until I catch something I can use.

And with Fast Catch in effect, that leaves me with a fairly limited option pool, so I decided to double back and catch a Zigzagoon.

Welcome to the team, Donkey.

And thus begins the grind to get Donkey battle-ready. I do have a few more options up ahead, I could catch a Makuhita when I get to Granite Cave, which is the most common Pokémon of the first few floors and a Fighting-type I could use, but we're getting a little ahead of ourselves. I stay in the area for a bit to train up Donkey, cursing myself for not having the foresight of nabbing one of the birds here when I was still able to, and I feel comfortable enough to progress when he's level 9. Maybe comfortable's not the word, but I was bored enough to stop grinding.

We Headbutt our way back to Route 116, where the leveling picks up since these guys aren't level 3, and there's a few Trainers here, so it's always good to see.

Hey it's my cameo and the last time my name was used in media outside of making an angry white woman joke

Encountered a Skitty I had to murder, Got the Devon Goods and Peko back to their respective owners, got the POKeNAV which is great 'cause now I can start beating up more Trainers and making some money and try to get closer to having my Thousand Years Old Vampire rule in effect.

Beat up Brandon with Donkey on the way to deliver that letter to Steven.

I do not want to teach my Pokémon Flash, so I decided to bump around Granite Cave in the dark until I found Steven. Granite Cave is unfortunately the only cave on the planet where Zubat are not the most common (they're close, just not as common as Makuhita), so I don't even have that edge against Brawly, but I do catch a Makuhita as planned anyway. So, this is Thelonius.

Shrek is missing because I boxed him, didn't want to accidentally trigger a double battle with him.

You may not recognize the name, but you may know him as this guy:

Granite Cave is the most annoying place to train because of Zubat and their Supersonic so I tried to call up some Trainers, but nothing yet, of course.

FIGHT ME, CUBETH

Side note but Donkey has Pickup and he kept giving me Escape Ropes so I think even he was getting bored, so as soon as we hit level 20 and evolved, we got out - gave him the Silk Scarf some dude gave me and we were off to Brawly's Gym.

Clutched it out solo by a hair:

And Brawly was so impressed he couldn't resist throwing in a Shrek pun on my way out. And that's segment 2!

(now i actually) move to future 6, please!

pokémon on hand

pokeball.png
    DONKEY

Linoone, M
    lvl. 20

Ability: Pickup

Tackle
    Sand Attack
    Odor Sleuth
    Headbutt

pokeball.png
    THELONIUS

Makuhita, M
    lvl. 15

Ability: Thick Fat

Tackle
    Focus Energy
    Sand Attack
    Vital Throw

pokémon in box

pokeball.png
    SHREK

Grovyle, M
    lvl. 17

Ability: Overgrow

Pound
    Pursuit
    Absorb
    Quick Attack

previous segments

segment one

j1z9g0P.png

rules

personal

A thousands-years old vampire - As long as you have at least 100 000 Poké Dollars, any Pokémon that knows HP-draining moves is unaffected by any of your rules.

Fast catches - For each area, you may only catch the most common Pokémon you can find in the tall grass or by surfing. No other encounter methods are available unless both grass and water to surf on are unavailable.

global

The Medieval age - You can only use Fighting and Fairy-types for the next segment, or in alternative, only Normal-types.

badges

I1txVQV.png
    1my5b1t.png

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Burgh down! But now I need to sleep 😴

Current rules:
    - Your Pokémon cannot evolve during this segment.
    - If you used Water-type Pokémon in any of the previous segments, you can only use Pokémon caught during this segment. Otherwise, you can't use TMs for the rest of the game.
    - You can only use Grass and Normal-types for the next segment (global rule).
    - You can only use Fighting and Fairy-types for the next segment, or in alternative, only Normal-types (global rule).
    - You have to put at least one Flying-type Pokémon on your team for this segment.

So... I have contradicting rules here. Technically I could just put a Flying-type Pokémon in my team and never use it, which... I was able to do, but I figured I'd keep that rule in the back of my mind and ready for next segment if I don't run into this situation again.

Anyways, thanks to whoever gave us another Global Rule, all my team plans went out the window, and my beloved Sewaddle had to go into the box (as well as Herdier, and de facto Pidove too). I had both a Fighting-type and a "Fairy"-type available to me on previous routes, being Riolu and Azurill, so I had to catch those two and train them up a bit before proceeding. Luckily, as soon as Riolu learned Force Palm at level 15, he could tear through the two Plasma Grunts that you have to fight before getting to Castelia very easily. Azurill... never used her in the end, no surprise there (sadly).

Now, how could a Riolu go up against Burgh, a bug-type gym leader, with its typing and inability to use TMs due to my rules? Well, he couldn't. But I found a better Pokémon for the job, which was Gurdurr! Got a Timburr in Rocky Passage, defeated some Audinos, got the Eviolite, and evolved him just in time to destroy all of Burgh's Pokémon with two Rock Throws each. Another badge dealt with in reasonable time!

(I guess I caught a Scraggy too, just in case, she didn't do much though... but at the same time I also completely forgot about Pignite... I need help)

Current team:
    - Gurdurr, lv. 28
    - Riolu, lv. 20
    - Azurill, lv. 9
    - Pidove, lv. 20
    - Scraggy, lv. 18

Time to take the warp thingy! Let's go into the future (when I update this thing aaaaaaaaa)

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Segment 6 completed, defeated Winona with Swampert and Manectric. Dustox opened the battle with 2 protects.
    Action: I'll move to Future 16.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Update 3: Lieutenant Surge​
    • The future is now, old man! - All of your Pokémon must learn all new moves via level-up (or HMs if strictly needed to progress).
    • The 12 Monkeys - You have to put at least one Rock-type Pokémon on your team for this segment.
    • Back to square one - You can only use Pokémon available on the first Route of your game, or their evolutions.

Is limited to Rattata, Pidgey, and their evolutions. Finds both at halfway decent levels without running back to Route 1, at least.

• Rattata 1: Jolly. Average to good IVs across the board. Not bad.
    • Rattata 2: Sassy. Not great IVs, with Attack as the exception. Nope.
    • Rattata 3: Docile. 30 IVs in HP...but 0 in Attack. Roughly average overall.
    • Rattata 4: Naughty. Decent IVs, but that nature.

Named Rattata 1 "Grimling" :t019:. Appears in the cave before Magus's Castle. (Preferred that over just "Rat".) Is one rat enough for Surge? Hopefully.

Wanted to trade up on Bellbird :t016:. Did not appreciate a Quiet nature and the highest IV at 17. Found some higher level wild Pidgeys, fortunately.
    • Pidgey 1: Mild. Bad nature, but otherwise okay IVs: 23, 12, 26, 6, 22, 14.
    • Pidgey 2: Naughty. Pretty bad IVs.
    • Pidgey 3: Also Mild. 31, 15, 22, 27, 19, 0 in IVs.

Chose Pidgey 1 as the new Bellbird :t016:.

Went back to Nugget Bridge to level up with the Vs Seeker. First trainer: some level 10 bugs :t010::t011::t013::t014:. Great for level 10 Grimling :t019:. Level 12 Pokemon on trainer #2. Still fine for level 15 Bellbird :t016: and Grimling :t019: at 12 now. ...Level 19 Raticate :t020: and friends :t023::t041: on #3. Almost lost the battle. Gambled on confusion at 3 HP and won. (Still burned a Potion.) Evolved :t016:Bellbird:t017: from that fight, rather appropriately.

Leveled all the way to 24 on both before resuming the game. Will be in trouble versus all Rock and Steel types, but what can you do?

Met Lavos on the SS Anne. "So how's your Pokedex coming? I already caught 40 kinds, pal. Different kinds are everywhere." Yes, but what good are they if they are unusable?

Turn 1: Bellbird :t017:: Gust (45%) / Pidgeotto :t017:: Gust (64/74)
    Turn 2: Bellbird :t017:: Quick Attack (45%) / Pidgeotto :t017:: Gust (55/74)
    Turn 3: Bellbird :t017:: Quick Attack (the rest)
    (Switch to Grimling :t020:.)
    Turn 4: Grimling :t020:: Hyper Fang (100%) / Raticate :t020:: Fainted
    Turn 5: Grimling :t020:: Hyper Fang (100%) / Kadabra :t064:: Fainted
    Turn 6: Grimling :t020:: Hyper Fang (98%) / Charmeleon :t005:: Growl
    Turn 7: Grimling :t020:: Quick Attack (critical, the rest)
    (Level up.)

Easy peasy, thanks to the level advantage. Basically grinded on teams like this.

Almost got the dream RNG. Found the first lock of Surge's gym on the first trash can. Messed up on the second one. Found the first lock four times in total.

Eyes up Surge with Grimling :t020: at level 29. Expects nothing from Bellbird :t017: (level 27). Could pop in for a Quick Attack or something.

Turn 1: Grimling :t020:: Hyper Fang (100%) / Voltorb :t100:: Fainted
    Turn 2: Grimling :t020:: Hyper Fang (miss) / Pikachu :t025:: Thunder Wave
    Turn 3: Pikachu :t025:: Double Team / Grimling :t020:: Paralyzed
    Turn 4: Pikachu :t025:: Double Team / Grimling :t020:: Hyper Fang (miss)
    Turn 5: Grimling :t020:: Paralyze Heal / Pikachu :t025:: Double Team
    Turn 6: Grimling :t020:: Hyper Fang (miss) / Pikachu :t025:: Thunder Wave
    Turn 7: Pikachu :t025:: Double Team / Grimling :t020:: Hyper Fang (miss)
    Turn 8: Pikachu :t025:: Double Team / Grimling :t020:: Hyper Fang (100%)
    Turn 9: Raichu :t026:: Double Team / Grimling :t020:: Hyper Fang (100%)

Overleveled this, apparently. (Did not look at Surge's levels beforehand. Gained a lot of experience from trainers with only two Pokemon.) Almost went real bad because of a single Hyper Fang miss early. Get wrecked, Pikachu. Set up 5 Double Teams for nothing.

Spoiler: Trainer Card

GT 2023 Surge Clear.png

Question: Does "Back to Square One" last for the entire playthrough, or just one segment? Seems a lot more intense than the other restrictions.

Actions, in order:
    1. Interact with the crystals (if possible)
    2. Step on the pressure plate.
    3. Move to Past 12

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Segment 1 Rules
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - You must put at least one Fairy-type Pokémon in your team (or Pokémon that turns into a Fairy-type in later gens) for this segment.

Spoiler:

I'll be using the prehistoric global rule next. Surprisingly, I came across 3-4 Ralts while doing a little grinding, despite how rare they are. Roxanne went smoothly. I gave Marill an Oran, spammed Defense Curl to +6, then swept.

I'll check out Past 12 if that's close enough. Past 13 if not.

Years
  • Badge number 5, achieved!

This was one of the easier ones that our beloved APRICRN had tackled, given the abundance of Normal types she's had to use over the last few rules. Moving through Olivine then Cianwood to collect the medicine for the poor Ampharos in the lighthouse, she stopped off at the gym in Cianwood to defeat Chuck with relative ease given the power of the Pidgeotto she has on hand. She'll now rest at a cafe or something before journeying back to Olivine to deliver the medicine and tackle their gym.

eiuJZ4y.png

Q2X9RNA.png

I'd like to investigate the monitor in Past 8 and then hop on the pad! If that doesn't do anything then I'll head back to past 9, please.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Session 4:
    Yikes, I had to abide by global rules, so I could only use Normal-types. I leased a Fighting-type (my Mankey that I caught on Route 22 and Daycare'd) for some battles, versus the Hikers in Rock Tunnel, but uh other than that I used only my Pidgeotto (which evolved into Pidgeot).

I then beat Erika.

Team:
    Pidgeot Lv38
    Ivysaur Lv30
    Rattata Lv5
    Mankey Lv17
    Paras Lv10
    Spearow Lv6

I move to Future 14.

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Rei's Journey part 2: Kahuna Hala
    Base CSS by Aquacorde

[tab=root2]STORY[/tab] ‧ [tab=root2-mon]POKEMON[/tab] ‧ [tab=root2-rules]RULES[/tab] ‧ [tab=root2-logs]CHECKPOINTS[/tab]

Ilima's trial done, it's time for Lillie hunting -- and party overhaul due to the new rules.

Spoiler: Rei caught
    • Samson the Makuhita
    • Serra the Crabrawler
    • Fantasia the Cutiefly
    • Eri the Mankey
    • Ava the Cottonee (lucky me -- for this allowed Narcissa to rejoin the squad)
    No Ultra Recon Squad here, so no Dulse/Soliera battle while helping Lillie to chase Nebby. Still took me awhile before getting to Hau's grandpa, though.

Spoiler: Kahuna Hala battle log
    Turn 1
    • Mankey: Focus Energy
    • Ava: Fairy Wind

Turn 2
    • Mankey: Karate Chop (critical hit)

Turn 3
    • Mankey: Super Potion

Turn 4

Turn 5
    • Ava: Fairy Wind (Mankey down)

Turn 6 (Makuhita and Narcissa out)
    • Makuhita: Switch to Crabrawler
    • Narcissa: Gust

Turn 7
    • Crabrawler: Pursuit

Turn 8
    • Narcissa: Gust (Crabrawler down)

Turn 9 (Makuhita out)
    • Makuhita: Sand Attack

Turn 10
    • Makuhita: Sand Attack

Turn 11
    • Narcissa: Gust (Makuhita down)

STkgtai.png

Now that Rei got a Tauros ride for the trouble, can I just... check that one corner out? I mean, where countless realms collide reality seem to warp?

Spoiler: Proof of journey
    lBVaHPC.png

Rei's Pokemon

dcjRs4B.png

Ava
    Spoiler:

Narcissa
    Spoiler:

Fantasia
    Spoiler:

Eri
    Spoiler:

Samson
    Spoiler:

Serra
    Spoiler:

Current Rules

Personal Rules:
    • Team Laventon!: As long as you have a Grass-type Pokémon on your team, all Sinnoh Pokémon are unaffected by Global Rules.
    • Fast thinking: You must complete your battle's final segment in a maximum of 5 turns per enemy Pokémon you will have to fight. If you don't manage to do this you can try again as many times as you want.

Global Rules:
    • The Prehistoric age: You can only use Grass and Normal-types for the next (current?) segment.
    • The Medieval age: You can only use Fighting and Fairy-types for the next (current?) segment, or in alternative, only Normal-types.

Checkpoints

1. Verdant Cavern
    2. Melemele grand trial (ongoing)
    3. Wela Volcano Park
    4. Akala grand trial
    5. Abandoned Supermarket
    6. Ula'ula grand trial
    7. Poni grand trial (this ain't USUM, people!)
    8. Vast Poni Canyon
    9. Final trial (?)

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    So, updates...

No new global rules :) your interactions amounted to... not much, sorry...

Some new rooms...
    - Past 12 has a strange Pokéball on the ground and a green computer!
    - Future 4 has a big power generator and a strange computer you can interact with!
    - Future 9 has the warp that yours truly came out of!
    - Future 18 (I got your message TwilightBlade!) has another warp thingy.

Changes and updates:
    - me and Janp finally agreed on what should be the normal procedure for moving around the map and interacting with things... you will get one interaction with one of the artifacts available in each room and, once that is done, you can move. If you select to interact with a warp, you'll just be teleported to a random warp on the other map, so you don't have to specify anything of the sorts! If something strange happens with some of the artifacts, don't worry, we'll take care of it.
    - we also got your question @Devalue and changed the way the "Back to Square One" rule works! Now more areas will unlock depending on the badges you have, just way after than if you had no such rule. I'm not sure if I wrote it correctly but to make an example, say you're on your way to beat Clay in BW: you have four badges but you can only catch Pokémon that were available to you when you had 4-3= 1 badge, meaning up to the outside section of Pinwheel Forest. This is because the inside section is locked to you until you get your second badge (Lenora).

Sorry for the delay ♥

oh, @Tenthcompanion: I still put your new rule but will be waiting for indications before moving you around the map!

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
    Years
  • Global rule: fighting and fairy types only
    Personal rule: don't pick up any items off the ground and avoid all optional trainers because gotta go fasttt

I created an entirely new team from Pokémon caught in the wild area and nearby routes. Stufful, Pancham, Tyrogue, Swirlix and G. Farfetch'd. I grinded their levels a bit but was generally impatient and tried the gym too early 😅 I lost the first time.

Eventually I decided to go the the isle of armour for more Pokémon options and caught a Comfey. I was very glad to have a grass move user for Nessa's Dreadnaw that crushed me last time. On my second try after grinding some more levels I beat Nessa using only Comfey and Pancham.

I'd like to go to Past 12 I think. Also hooray! My next rule needs a water type on the team and my next fight is the fire gym 👍

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Segment 7 completed, defeated Tate&Liza with Swampert, Manetric and Absol. Swampert learned protect and used it twice during the battle.
    Action: I'll move to Future 15.

Last edited:

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • Blaze Black 2 Redux
    GT 2023 - Ruin Maniac Horatio
    Segment 2 (East Route 20 -> Virbank Gym)

What an update. I had to switch out two-thirds of my party, caught some new Pokemon with the remaining two, then switched over to an entirely new Fighting/Fairy party. I caught an Azurill and Riolu in Floccesy Ranch, and a Ralts and Mankey in Route 20. I did a ton of biking in the ranch with Azurill holding a Soothe Bell to quickly get his friendship high enough to evolve, then waited until level 12 to evolve him into Marill.

Most of the battles were pretty easy. My only loss was to Nursery Aide Kimya in Route 20, before I had a full party again. At Virbank, I caught a Croagunk and fought Brawly, who went down pretty easily and gave me a Meditite egg.

In the battle against Roxie, I led with Mankey after taking off his held item, then Coveted her Trubbish's Eviolite and spammed Acupressure in the hopes of surviving the inevitable Explosion. Which he did, but barely, and lost to Roxie's Koffing. I tried sending out Ralts against Koffing, but he was outsped and 1HKOed. I switched to Meditite and Psybeamed away Koffing, Roxie's Croagunk, and wounded Whirlipede. However, Whirlipede fainted Meditite, then Marill, so I switched to Croagunk to use Mud Bomb a few times to win the battle. Riolu ended up staying in his Poke Ball the whole fight.

I also caught a shiny Mareep, my second-ever shiny, in Floccesy Ranch, but I can't use it yet. (I think the Medieval global rule only applies to this segment, not to the next one, but please correct me if I'm wrong.)
    And I caught a shiny Audino I couldn't use at all while looking for a Mankey. I know the shiny odds in this game are boosted to 1/500, but that's still really lucky.

I check the Pokedex in Future 6 and move up to the next room north.

EDIT: Section 3 rules are as follows:

Slower than usual: - Your Pokémon cannot evolve by any other method other than level up / friendship. In that case, they can only evolve once their level is equal to their normal evolution level (or the level at which they obtained max friendship) + 5.
    Genwunners: - You can only use Pokémon introduced in generations 1, 2, 3, and 4.
    Time flows like a water: Because you used a Water-type Pokémon in Segment 2, you can only use Pokémon caught during this (current) segment for this segment.

Team

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Update 4: Erika​

Rules:
    • The future is now, old man! - All of your Pokémon must learn all new moves via level-up (or HMs if strictly needed to progress).
    • The 12 Monkeys - You have to put at least one Rock-type Pokémon on your team for this segment.
    • Back to square one - Consider the number of badges you own: subtract 3 from that number, then consider all the areas of the game that are accessible to you if you still were at that number of badges. You can only use Pokémon you can find in those areas, or their evolutions.
    • The Big Bang - You must use Explosion or its variations at least once during each segment's final battle (if you have no way to have a Pokémon of yours learn these moves, you can ignore this rule).

Understands the new Back to Square One well enough. Regains all of the (real) party members, being all pre-Brock Pokemon. Cannot put Geodude or anything on yet. Ignores The Big Bang until next update, consequently. (Learns Selfdestruct on Geodude, at earliest.)

So, a look at the current team: Chyrsosaur :t001:, Kino :t056:, Ayla :t056:, Grimling :t020:, and Bellbird :t017:. Is not far off from Erika's levels. Should be able to beeline to Erika instead of grinding today.

Wait. Stands corrected. Leveled Chyrsosaur :t001: from 15 to 20-something on the trainers east of Vermilion and some Digletts on the way to HM Flash. Proceeded to then ignore Flash and crawl through Rock Tunnel without it. No real issues, being overleveled.

Battled Lavos at Lavender's Pokemon Tower. Did not even bother writing the log. Held a pretty big level advantage.

Skipped over the trainers between Lavender Town and Celadon City. Challenged Erika with Bellbird :t017: at level 33. More than sufficient.
    Turn 1: Bellbird :t017:: Wing Attack (80%) / Victreebel :t071:: Stun Spore
    Turn 2: Victreebel :t071:: Acid (72/92) / Bellbird :t017:: Wing Attack (the rest)
    Turn 3: Tangela :t114:: Ingrain / Bellbird :t017:: Wing Attack (80%)
    Turn 4: Tangela :t114:: Constrict (70/92, -1 Speed) / Bellbird :t017:: Wing Attack (the rest)
    Turn 5: Vileplume :t045:: Acid (53/92) / Bellbird :t017:: Wing Attack (70%)
    Turn 6: Vileplume :t045:: Acid (36/92) / Bellbird :t017:: Wing Attack (the rest)
    (Level up.)

A good showing. Totally ignored paralysis.

Hm....Feather Dance. Generally likes this move. Works with buffing strategies. Who learns Swords Dance by level up? Farfetch'd, Scyther, and Pinsir. Cannot get Pinsir in Fire Red. Oh, but maybe Belly Drum? Must be Poliwrath, if so. ...Fine. Dropped Gust.

Spoiler: Proof

GT 2023 Erika Clear.png

Team right now: :t017::t020::t057::t057::t002:

Interacts with the computer and Pokeball. Moves onto Past 10 after that.

Back