• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Event Running out of time - GT 2023 Pokémon Challenge

Years
  • Time for another update.

Nothing came up from interactions this time. You just moved up to another rooms.

Alex_Among_Foxes: FYI After your unsuccessful interation, I moved you to Future 2, since I don't think anyone looked at those bookshelves so far.

Also note about points at the top of the thread, you probably noticed they are not always up to date. I prioritize updating the map, since the points can always be counted later. So I hope you don't mind.

And I also want to respond to some questions:
    Quick question, what happens if we can't finish the challenge by the end of the get-together? With my work schedule and the rate I'm playing, I expect to be done in early September, well within the one month that events usually last for, but the get-together ends on August 27th and I'll end up too burned out to enjoy it if I rush through to make the deadline.

I do really like this challenge and I'd like to eventually complete it, even if it doesn't give any more points for Team Gears, so perhaps we could close new applications and move this thread to the Challenges forum after the get-together finishes? A deadline of September 12th, to match with the one month deadline for other events, should be more than enough for me.
    I'll certainly discuss this with Loomie, but I remember that in some previous GT Challenge, people played on their own and PM'd me for new rules. Another possibility is to make a personal thread in Travel Journal.

As for where I am on the map, I think I was trying to fiddle with the somethings on the wall in Future 7? Not sure if anything came of that. I'll move to uh… Future 6? Honestly I can't remember if the items in here have been messed with or not. There are so many posts to look through
    I didn't communicate it clearly in my last update, but nothing happened in Future 7.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Update 6: Sabrina​
    Active Global Rules
    • Time debt - At the end of your next segment, you can permanently box / release up to 4 Pokémon who battled against the last Gym leader / Kahuna / Captain you faced and obtain 10 Challenge Points for each.
    • Towards the new future - You have to put a Fairy-type Pokémon (or Pokémon that turns into a Fairy-type in later gens) on your team until the end of the game. It has to use Explosion or any of its variants (or if it can't learn any, then it has to use the strongest attack it currently knows) in each Gym Battle. It's not affected by any other rule.
    Active Personal Rules
    • The future is now, old man! - All of your Pokémon must learn all new moves via level-up (or HMs if strictly needed to progress).
    • Back to square one - Consider the number of badges you own: subtract 3 from that number, then consider all the areas of the game that are accessible to you if you still were at that number of badges. You can only use Pokémon you can find in those areas, or their evolutions.
    • The Big Bang - You must use Explosion or its variations at least once during each segment's final battle (if you have no way to have a Pokémon of yours learn these moves, you can ignore this rule).
    • Let the past burn - If you used Fire-type Pokémon in any of the previous segments, you have to beat the next segment with a team made just out of Grass-types. Otherwise, your team can only consist of up to 4 Pokémon.

So much for a short update. Wants the full 40 Challenge points, of course. Requires sacrificing 4 Pokemon. Is also limited to 4 Pokemon. (Has not even had access to a Fire type, minus technically Charmander.)

Gains access to lots of new areas, fortunately. Technically reaches as far as Celadon City with 2 badges. Opens up some better, higher level catches. Trains up a new team of:
    • Another Clefairy. Starts from level 8 again. Grabbed one of the rejects from earlier. Called it "Roundillo", after the Roundillo Bomber who self-destructs.
    • Another Golem. Explodes better than Electrode. Trains it up easily at the Route 16 double battle too. Named it "Schist", after another rock enemy.
    • Gengar. Lives on the edge with its typing. Hopefully acts quickly enough to deal with Sabrina's earlier Pokemon. Named it "Macabre", after a skeletal ghost with a scythe.
    • Dodrio. Finds Doduos wild at decent levels. Performs pretty well with Tri Attack. Lacks a Flying move, sadly. Caught four. Included three -Attack natures. Squashed any plans of removing Bellbird instead. Named it "Outlaw". Always looked bird-like without flying.

Leveled everyone up to level 37-38. Only really planned level 35. Finished Roundillo :t036: last, due to leveling via Hyper Beam. Partnered with the others on the Route 16 double battle. Wanted to drain the remaining Hyper Beam PP. Also earned some experience on the gym trainers.

Anyways: strategy. A checklist:
    • Self-destruct with Schist :t076:
    • Hyper Beam with Roundillo :t036:
    • Participate with the Outlaw :t085: and Macabre :t094:.

Cannot use anyone else. Plans Schist :t076: for Alakazam, Outlaw :t085: for Venomoth, Macabre :t094: for Mr Mime, and Roundillo :t036: for Kadabra. Has items. Should absolutely use them, if needed.

Turn 1: Kadabra: Calm Mind / Roundillo: Hyper Beam (100%)
    (Switch to Macabre)
    Turn 2: Macabre: Shadow Punch (95%) / Mr. Mime: Calm Mind
    Turn 3: Mr. Mime: Hyper Potion (heal to full) / Macabre: Shadow Punch (95%)
    Turn 4: Mr. Mime: Hyper Potion (heal to full) / Macabre: Shadow Punch (100%)
    (Switch to Schist)
    Turn 5: Alakazam: Psychic (29/115) / Schist: SelfDestruct (100%)
    Turn 6: Outlaw: Tri Attack (65%) / Venomoth: Supersonic (miss)
    Turn 7: Outlaw: Tri Attack (critical, the rest)

...Well okay then.
    Spoiler: Proof

GT 2023 Sabrina Clear.png

Current team: :t076::t036::t085::t094:.

Sacrifices the entire team above for 40 points under the Time Debt Global Rule. Interacts with the strange stone at Past 9. Heads down to Past 8 after that.

Oh, and Question: Is "Let the Past Burn" permanent, or this section only?

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • hi

Current rules:
    - Your Pokémon cannot evolve during this segment.
    - If you used Water-type Pokémon in any of the previous segments, you can only use Pokémon caught during this segment. Otherwise, you can't use TMs for the rest of the game.
    - You can only use Grass and Normal-types for the next segment (global rule).
    - You can only use Fighting and Fairy-types for the next segment, or in alternative, only Normal-types (global rule).
    - You have to put at least one Flying-type Pokémon on your team for this segment.
    - You must use Explosion or its variations at least once during each segment's final battle (if you have no way to have a Pokémon of yours learn these moves, you can ignore this rule).
    - You have to put a Fairy-type Pokémon (or Pokémon that turns into a Fairy-type in later gens) on your team until the end of the game. It has to use Explosion or any of its variants (or if it can't learn any, then it has to use the strongest attack it currently knows) in each Gym Battle. It's not affected by any other rule.
    - As long as you have a Grass-type Pokémon on your team, all Sinnoh Pokémon are unaffected by Global Rules.
    - You have to put at least one Dark-type Pokémon on your team for this segment.
    - At the end of your next segment, you can permanently box / release up to 4 Pokémon who battled against the last Gym leader / Kahuna / Captain you faced and obtain 10 Challenge Points for each.

Skyla down! This was kind of a longer segment in terms of content but I tried my best to just speedrun through it and I think it worked well enough. Gotta do what I can with lab stuff happening :')

I got some new catches and battled many trainers along the way, so I could get to Skyla with a pretty good team for the occasion and also have some Pokémon to sacrifice. I started the battle with Gurdurr, who didn't do much and just swapped after getting attracted by the leader's Swoobat, then I brought in Zebstrika, who I was able to catch at level 36 (!) in the tall grass, to deal with that. I tried switching in another new catch, Probopass, against Swanna, but that wasn't a good idea because of Bubble Beam... oops. Too bad because Probopass did an amazing job against all the gym trainers! I brought in Zebstrika once again and got to Skarmory, where I made a little change to my plan to bring in the usual Koffing, use Self-Destruct for the usual rule, then bring in Eviolite Cottonee and use Giga Drain for that other rule before getting knocked out, then proceeded to Discharge my way through Skyla's last Pokémon.

Kudos also to Zoroark, who gained experience way too fast and became super strong in no time - turning from a liability that I only needed to carry around for my new rule into a wonderful teammate (although I knew it was going to happen knowing how strong Zoroark typically is offensively), and Cottonee, my "Fairy-type" who still pulled in some work along the way. Oh, and Lucario too, although I've benched them for the gym battle.

I kill Gurdurr, Probopass, Zebstrika and Koffing for my 40 points!

My team now:
    - Gurdurr, lv. 29
    - Probopass, lv. 36
    - Zebstrika, lv. 36
    - Koffing, lv. 30
    - Cottonee, lv. 33
    - Zoroark, lv. 35

There's fossils in room 13 right :thinkrem:
    Guess I'll look at them before trying to move towards Future 15 :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • - ARCANEUM THE BURGLAR
    - TUESDAY 22ND AUGUST 2023
    - CURRENT DESTINATION: BLACKTHORN CITY
    - TARGET DESTINATION: HALL OF FAME
    - TODAY ON ARC RADIO: MEWMORE - VS. LUSAMINE
    Chapter 9 - LANCE OF LONGINUS

Global Rules - I need to use a Fairy Type, or something that changes into a Fairy Type in future games, in my team for the rest of the challenge. It must use an Explosion-type move if it can in the final segment battle, otherwise it must use its strongest available move.
    Personal Rule 1 - I may only use Pokémon which were not introduced in the Generation my game is in (Generation 2).
    Personal Rule 2 - I must use at least one Electric type Pokémon in my party this segment. (No longer in effect)
    Personal Rule 3 - My Pokémon cannot evolve this segment. (No longer in effect)
    Personal Rule 4 - My must change from SHIFT to SET battle style. If my already use SET or do not do this, I am limited to a max level of the max level of the next Gym's ace (This is in affect all game)
    Personal Rule 5 - If I used any healing item during my previous Gym battle, I cannot use any items this segment. Otherwise, I must remove half of my healing items. (No longer in effect)
    Personal Rule 6 - If I used a Grass Type during any previous segments, I must use only use moves I learn during this segment in this segment. Otherwise, I cannot return to any previous locations in my game unless it is for story/healing purposes. (No longer in effect)
    Personal Rule 7 - I must use a two-turn move (Bide etc.) during the Gym battle of this segment. (No longer in effect)
    Personal Rule 8 - I must pick one Pokémon during this segment to not use until the final segment - I must then use it during that segment. (No longer in effect)
    Personal Rule 9 - I must use a Poison Type Pokémon during this segment.

It's finally time to go beat Lanc- NEVERMIND I HAVE TO GO FIND A POISON POKÉMON UGH.

After way too much time, I eventually settled on Arcaneum the Scyther (Poison/Ice), which ended up overall being a really nice pick actually. More on that later.

For now, it was time to blast through Victory Road and then get these Pokémon trained up! Oh wait, I guess I should go get "Lugia"... after a very tough Kimono Girls gauntlet, I made my may to Whirl Islands, catching a... oh it's a Rayquaza (Water/Fighting). Ok! Well that was fun.

Anyway, now back to the task at hand. Not much happens here, so I'll skip to the end - we crush Arne our Rival and hispathetic team. This chump needs to be gone for real, we're after the heavy hitters now. We've arrived at the Pokémon League, so it was finally time to get prepped and ready to become the Champion. I did actually decide to go straight into the League and see how I fared - I did manage to make it all the way to Karen, before running out of healing items. It was definitely not a fun time, so I needed at least some more levels if nothing else (for context, my highest at this point was Level 43, whilst Karen's ace alone was level 50).

After about 5000 Rhyperior, Vigoroth, Lairon and Sandslash kills, we managed to get most of our team to level 51. This is an odd number, however it seemed to be the number that most of the randomised movesets learned a level, so thought it was a good milestone to reach.

Now we had the REAL grind, and something that I realised a little too late would've made things even better. Cherrygrove Surfing had level 17-28 Weaviles... which give both +1 Attack and Speed EVs. Which just happen to be the two EVs I'm needing for both Carol and Arcaneum, AND I have a Macho Brace, so we're now in big Attack/Speed stonks territory. Which is a bit annoying that I discovered after I had already trained 3 Pokémon, but it did mean that Arcaneum became an absolute monster.

With that, it was time to finally take on the last hurdle of this challenge and get it completed! And boy, the Elite Four put up one heck of a fight.

Will and Koga were thankfully not too hard because of the level difference, however Bruno turned out to be a menace and it got worse from there. Most of Bruno's team seemed to resist most of my moves, whilst being to one-shot my Pokémon, so we had a lot of barrelling through items to make sure we made it through. Then Karen pulls out a Zap Cannon Kyogre, which manages to hit every single one and cause all sorts of messes.

Then we finally face Lance. Lance starts off strong with a Garchomp and just does not stop. His ace, of all Pokémon, was a DIALGA. After a very close call however...

7VJKyZb.png

Clerk Lance had been defeated. We finally have been crowned the new Champion!!!!! After 82 hours of slogging through this insanely randomised Soul Silver run, we've finally made it. Here's our powerful friends that made such a thing possible:

YxdjgxY.png

As a reward for carrying me so much, CRAB/Magus/FWOOSH/BONGUS all got the sweet release of being let free into the wild (and also so I could get points xd for doing so).

Thank you Janp and Loomie for an interesting challenge run!

- PREVIOUS LOGS

- POKÉMON PARTNERS
    Spoiler:

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Segment 3 Rules
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - You must put at least one Fairy-type Pokémon in your team (or Pokémon that turns into a Fairy-type in later gens) for this segment.
    Global: The Prehistoric age - You can only use Grass and Normal-types for the next segment.
    Fast catches - For each area, you may only catch the most common Pokémon you can find in the tall grass of by surfing. No other encounter methods are available unless both grass and water to surf on are unavailable.
    Donnie Darko - You must put at least one Electric-type Pokémon in your team for this segment.
    Global: The Medieval age - You can only use Fighting and Fairy-types for the next segment, or in alternative, only Normal-types.
    Global: Towards the new future - You have to put a Fairy-type Pokémon (or Pokémon that turns into a Fairy-type in later gens) on your team until the end of the game. It has to use Explosion or any of its variants (or if it can't learn any, then it has to use the strongest attack it currently knows) in each Gym Battle. It's not affected by any other rule.
    Global: Sounds sort of like a... - Players of Team Apricorns have to put a Pokémon with type combination of Rock and Ground (either Rock/Ground or Ground/Rock) on their team for the following segment. If you can't, you have to put pure Rock or pure Ground-type Pokémon on your team for the following segment. This Pokémon is unaffected by all other rules.
    Global: Time debt - At the end of your next segment, you can permanently box / release up to 4 Pokémon who battled against the last Gym leader / Kahuna / Captain you faced and obtain 10 Challenge Points for each.

Spoiler:

Both grass and water are unavailable in Granite Cave, so I figured the encounters there were valid under the fast catches rule. I caught a Makuhita and a Geodude to use in accordance with the medieval age and "Sounds sort of like a..." rules, respectively. I'm not able to catch an Electric Pokemon for the Donnie Darko rule, because there are none that can be caught under the fast catches rule. As such, I'll keep the rule for a later segment until it becomes possible. Anyhow, I only used Marill/Azumarill and Makuhita/Hariyama this segment. Due to the "Towards the new future" rule, I made sure to restrict Azumarill to Bubble Beam during the fight with Watson.

For the time debt rule, I'll permanently box Geodude, two Makuhita, and Zubat. I'll interact with the teleporter and move to Past 7 if it doesn't work.

Years
  • Updating the thread. Check back later.

Devalue: You pick up the stone and can feel a weird urge to give someone a bad time. Check your PM, please.
    Eleanor: Nothing happened.
    wolf: You are transported to Future 9. I hope you find yourself there.

Oh, and Question: Is "Let the Past Burn" permanent, or this section only?
    The team limit of 4 is permanent.

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • (copy-pasta'd then edited for my convenience)

What you want to do on the map: Either fiddle around with a thing, or move in the direction of the nearest un-messed with thing!

Edit: Dealt with the last of the Rockets, then finished off Sabrina. All in all, pretty easy.

My Pokemon for those who care:
    Clefable, lvl 43, current moves: Psychic, Sing, Brick Break, Hyper Beam. (you won't be seeing these moves change again, due to TMs being banned)
    Jolteon, lvl 41, current moves: Bite, Double Kick, Quick Attack, Pin Missile.
    Ninetales, lvl 40, current moves: Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Quick Attack, Will-O-Wisp.
    Dodrio, lvl 32, current moves: Pursuit, Fly, Try Beam Attack, Rage.
    Dugtrio, lvl 40, current moves: Magnitude, Cut, Dig, Aerial Ace.
    Lapras, lvl 25, current moves: Surf, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Perish Song.

Edit: Got my new rules and I'm ready to go! 👍
    Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years

• Trainer: TwilightBlade
    Game: Pokemon Heart Gold
    Badges: 5
    --- Segment 5 Update ---
    Global Rule: The Medieval age - You can only use Fighting and Normal types for the next segment. Completed in segment #3.
    Global Rule: Towards the new future - You have to put a Fairy-type Pokémon (or Pokémon that turns into a Fairy-type in later gens) on your team until the end of the game. It has to use Explosion or any of its variants in each Gym Battle. It's not affected by any other rule. Pokemon: Koffing
    Global Rule: Sounds sort of like a... - Players of Team Apricorns have to put a Pokémon with type combination of Rock and Ground on their team for the following segment. Completed in segment #4
    Trainer Rule: In the name of progress - You can only use the best version of each available item.
    Trainer Rule: Fast catches - You may only catch the most common Pokémon you can run into in each area.
    Trainer Rule: Slower than usual - Your Pokémon cannot evolve by any other method other than level up / friendship + 5.
    Trainer Rule: The correct time period - You may only battle one segment's final gym leader with Pokémon caught in that segment. Once you get this rule, you can choose during which segment it will apply. Completed in segment #4
    Trainer Rule - You can only use White and Black Pokémon during this segment. If you can't, you have to use Gray Pokémon during this segment.​
    176.png
    pokeball.png
    012-f.png
    ultraball.png
    109.png
    ultraball.png
    130.png
    netball.png
    (HM slave)
    I've been wanting to add some new teammates, so I use my hatched Togepi (which evolved at 15+5 - the Soothe Bell really helped) and Butterfree to satisfy the Noir (White Pokémon) rule. Also, I catch a Magikarp because I will need to use Surf to get to badge #6. I train them in the Olivine Lighthouse and surrounding area. Chuck's Pokémon are like, level 30. There is no way my team will reach level 30s via slow level grinding so I give it all I have.​

Gym Battle Against Chuck:
    Spoiler:

Most Common Pokemon in Each Available Area:
    Spoiler:

Future 19 Action : I don't believe I was moved to this during my last segment as it's grayed out. Please advise if there is anything to interact with. If not, please move me to Future 18.

Global Rule: Time debt - At the end of your next segment, you can permanently box / release up to 4 Pokémon who battled against the last Gym leader you faced and obtain 10 Challenge Points for each.
    Permanently boxed: Butterfree (10 Challenge Points)
    BYE BYE BUTTERFREE
    012.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • Finished segment 2

Global rules applied:
    -Medieval age (can only use normal type pokemon)
    -towards anew future (must catch a fairy type and use its strongest move in every gym battle)
    -time debt (permanently get rid of up to 4 pokemon that fought in the gym battle to obtain 10points/pokemon sacrificed)

Personal rules applied:
    -the future is now old man (can only teach moves via level up)

Team:
    Azurill, 21
    Thick Fat
    Charm
    Return
    Slam
    Bubble Beam

Snorlax, 20
    Thick Fat
    Chip Away
    Yawn
    Amnesia
    Lick

Fletchling, 21
    Big Pecks
    Tackle
    Roost
    Agility
    Peck

Dunsparce, 21
    Serene Grace
    Screech
    Yawn
    Ancient Power
    Pursuit

Diggersby, 21
    Cheek Pouch
    Take Down
    DoubleKick
    Mud Shot
    Quick Attack

PC:
    Chespin, 11
    Charmander, 10

Cyllage Gym battle:
    Leading with Azurill against Amaura(25) I use every move and a potion as I have no idea which one of these moves counts as the strongest. Sending out Snorlax I put Amaura to sleep using Yawn and slowly wear it down with Chip Away. Switching to Fletchling against Tyrunt(25) the bird gets put out of its mysery after landing only a single tackle. Dunsparce looks promising but ends up only being able to set up Yawn before going down, which gives my Diggersby an easy victory.

Time:
    3:52

Sacrificing 4 pokemon to Time Debt:
    Dunsparce
    Fletchling
    Duggersby
    Azurill

Moving on to future 7

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Update 7: Blaine​
    Active Global Rules
    • Towards the new future - You have to put a Fairy-type Pokémon (or Pokémon that turns into a Fairy-type in later gens) on your team until the end of the game. It has to use Explosion or any of its variants (or if it can't learn any, then it has to use the strongest attack it currently knows) in each Gym Battle. It's not affected by any other rule.
    Active Personal Rules
    • The future is now, old man! - All of your Pokémon must learn all new moves via level-up (or HMs if strictly needed to progress).
    • Back to square one - Consider the number of badges you own: subtract 3 from that number, then consider all the areas of the game that are accessible to you if you still were at that number of badges. You can only use Pokémon you can find in those areas, or their evolutions.
    • The Big Bang - You must use Explosion or its variations at least once during each segment's final battle (if you have no way to have a Pokémon of yours learn these moves, you can ignore this rule).
    • Let the past burn - If you used Fire-type Pokémon in any of the previous segments, you have to beat the next segment with a team made just out of Grass-types. Otherwise, your team can only consist of up to 4 Pokémon.
    • Courtney - You have to put at least one Fire-type Pokémon on your team for this segment.
    • Clueless - You have to put at least one Normal-type Pokémon on your team for this segment.

Laughs at "Courtney" coming in right after "Let the past burn". Gains access to Growlithe, the only non-Eeveelution option available.

Switched rules with tenthcompanion. Traded "The 12 Monkeys" for "Clueless". Tried to avoid issues. Read about Rhydon in one of tenthcompanion's previous updates. Already uses Clefable (normal). ...Are any of these room interactions going to be positive?

Just checked EVs for everyone for fun. Saw 100+ Speed EVs on 8 different Pokemon (Rubble, Ayla, Scarab, Turret, Grimling, Bellbird, Roundillo, and Schist). Generally represented 50%+ of their EVs. Grinded on the Rapidash + Ninetales trainer duo a lot.

Waited until Pokemon Mansion to catch the Growlithe. Unlocked it by having enough badges. Elected to grab a higher level one. Mulled over leveling it up for the Elite Four. What does it help against, though? Put it on the team as filler.

Blasted through the Pokemon Mansion with Growlithe in tow. Swatted all the Raticates with Ayla for easy experience. Grabbed the key and booked it for Blaine.

Discovered you can just talk to the trainer instead of failing the quiz. How nice.

Strategy time: the checklist:
    • Hyper Beam something with Turret :t036:
    • Blow up with Rubble :t076:
    • Have Growlithe :t058:.
    • Have Clefable :t036:...again.
    • Four party members only.

Magnitude the Growlithe :t058:. Hyper Beam Ponyta :t077:. Magnitude the Rapidash :t078:. Switch in friendly Growlithe :t058: (Intimidate) for Arcanine :t059:, then blow up with Rubble :t076:.

(Blaine's Growlithe's :t058: Intimidate)
    Turn 1: Rubble :t076: Magnitude 6 (100%) / Growlithe :t058:: Fainted
    (Switch in friendly Growlithe. Intimidate on both sides.)
    Turn 2: Friendly Growlithe :t058:: Switch to Rubble :t076: / Arcanine :t059:: Fire Blast (85/129)
    Turn 3: Arcanine: Fire Blast (39/129) / Rubble: :t076: Selfdestruct (100%)
    Turn 4: Turret :t036:: Hyper Beam (100%) / Ponyta :t077:: Fainted
    (Level up. Switch in Ayla :t057:.)
    Turn 5: Ayla :t057:: Cross Chop (100%) / Rapidash :t078:: Fainted

Not too bad. Flies through this game when you do not bother to grind up new party members.

Spoiler: Proof

GT 2023 Blaine Clear.png

Current team: :t076::t036::t058::t057:

Press buttons and step on the pressure plate at Past 8. Then move to Past 7.

Years
  • The Running out of time in Pokémon Sapphire

marshtomp.png
    vigoroth.png
    breloom.png
    kirlia.png
    golem.png
    swablu.png

SEGMENT 4

Sicne there is almost no time left until the end of GT, I think I'll have to also move with my own run. Well, write about it, because I usually finish my segments quickly, I'm just too lazy to write them down.

Time for new rules to take an effect. For the Sounds sort of like a... rule, I picked up Amelia, the rash Geodude, which I quickly evolved all the way to Golem during this segment and which basically solo'd Flannery. But about a little bit later. Then, for my personal rule Myths of the past, I caught Ava, the quirky Swablu. My team was completed for the moment.

I stormed through most of the battles with ease. Archie's Golbat proved to be annoying with its Super-sonic, but nothing my team couldn't handle. But it also left me with bad match-up against with Sharpedo - I had only Janna and Herper with half the HP left for it. Did I mention that I also didn't bring any healing with me? Yep, this was a pain to get past.

Flannery had nothing to get past Amelia. But I started the fight with Grace for the Towards the new future rule and beat Flannery's first Slugma with her. In my 5 turn time limit of course. And then I beat the rest with Amelia.

Now, I'll move to Future 1.

Team

marshtomp.png

Karin, Bold Female Marshtomp
    lvl 27, Torrent
    - Water Gun
    - Bide
    - Mud Shot
    - Growl

vigoroth.png

Harper, Adamant Female Vigoroth
    lvl 27, Vital Spirit
    - Fury Swipes
    - Yawn
    - Encore
    - Slack Off

breloom.png

Janna, Naughty Female Breloom
    lvl 28, Effect Spore
    - Mach Punch
    - Leech Seed
    - Headbutt
    - Mega Drain

kirlia.png

Grace, Serious Female Kirlia
    lvl 27, Trace
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Teleport
    - Double Team

golem.png

Amelia, Rash Female Golem
    lvl 28, Rock Head
    - Rock Throw
    - Magnitude
    - Selfdestruct
    - Defense Curl

swablu.png

Ava, Quirky Female Swablu
    lvl 25, Natural Cure
    - Peck
    - Sing
    - Safeguard
    - Astonish​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Working on the update right now.

First, let's see what Devalue cooked up for us. They had to pick one other teammate and switch one rule with them. They picked tenthcompanion and decided to take their Clueless rule and give them their The 12 Monkeys rule. Everyone else is safe.

Alex_Among_Foxes: You find an old book opened on the page talking about some mysterious Pokémon. You can read the following line: It has the power to control time. It appears in Sinnoh-region myths as an ancient deity. Nothing else happens, so you move to Future 5.
    TwilightBlade My bad for not moving you. The Future 19 is now visible. You can interact with something there if you want. Then, I'll move you to Future 18.
    Devalue: Nothing happens, no matter how much you stomp on the pressure plate or press the buttons.

Future 19: There is a purple computer in here. And you can also see a phone and some papers on the table.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Finished segment 3

Global rules: towards the new future (must catch a fairy type and use its strongest attack in every gym battlr)

Personal rules :
    The future is now old man (can only learn new moves via level up)
    Donnie darko (must use an electric type in this segment)

Team:
    Granbull, 28
    Intimidate
    Charm
    Bite
    Roar
    Headbutt

Hawlucha, 26
    Unburden
    Fling
    Roost
    Aerial Ace
    Encore

Emolga, 26
    Static
    Spark
    Nuzzle
    Electro Ball
    Double Team

Snorlax, 27
    Thick Fat
    Body Slam
    Yawn
    Amnesia
    Lick

Charmeleon, 27
    Blaze
    Scary Face
    Dragon Rage
    Ember
    Smokescreen

Quilladin, 27
    Overgrow
    Bite
    Leech Seed
    Needle Arm
    Pin Missile

Shalour Gym Battle:
    Leading with Granbull, Intimidate+Charm incapacitates Mienfoo(29) despite its Power-Up Punches and clutches a win in spite of Korrina using two Hyper Potions.
    Hawlucha easily beats Machoke(28), being a Flying type that isnt weak to Rock Tomb is a great feeling.
    Emolga is another straightforward victory against Hawlucha(32) despite the large level difference as it resists all of its moves and even double-resists Flying Press. Spark hits much harder than expected.

Time:
    5:14

Moving from future 7 to future 12

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • (copy-pasta'd then edited for my convenience)

What you want to do on the map: Just keep using me as a janitor for all the Interactables people have missed, cause I can't follow whatever's happening on the map at all lol.

Edit: Cleaned up the last of the unbattled trainers on the Surfing routes, beat up Articuno for fun, blazed through the Mansion, challenged Blaine, then Beamed, Drowned, and broke his star Pokemon in half with a Magnitude 10! Great fight! Funny, but pretty easy.

My Pokemon for those who care:
    Clefable, lvl 44, current moves: Psychic, Sing, Brick Break, Hyper Beam. (you won't be seeing these moves change again, due to TMs being banned)
    Dugtrio, lvl 43, current moves: Magnitude, Cut, Dig, Aerial Ace.
    Jolteon, lvl 42, current moves: Bite, Double Kick, Quick Attack, Pin Missile.
    Ninetales, lvl 42, current moves: Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Quick Attack, Will-O-Wisp.
    Dodrio, lvl 42, current moves: Pursuit, Fly, Tri Attack, Rage.
    Lapras, lvl 35, current moves: Surf, Body Slam, Ice Beam, Perish Song.

Edit: Got my new rules and I'm ready to go! 👍
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • APRICRN returned from her mini hiatus visiting her family back in New Bark Town to tackle the next gym.
    This segment had very little to do given that she had already taken care of the Rocket hideout during the previous segment and saved the Lake of Rage. Upon her return there were many new rules in place and she took advantage of the Time Debt rule by stocking up her party with 4 pokemon she had caught for just such an occasion! Say goodbye to Geodude, Krabby, Ekans and Rocky the Onix for 40 sweet Apricorn points.

BdrZVx6.png

rRXGGFC.png

I would like to inspect the boxes for anything in them and put it in my pocket if it fits. And then move to Past 13 please!

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years

• Trainer: TwilightBlade
    Game: Pokémon Heart Gold
    Badges: 6
    --- Segment 6 Update ---
    Global Rule: Towards the new future - You have to put a Fairy-type Pokémon (or Pokémon that turns into a Fairy-type in later gens) on your team until the end of the game. It has to use Explosion or any of its variants in each Gym Battle. Pokémon: Koffing - Not applicable to segment #6
    Active Trainer Rule: In the name of progress - You can only use the best version of each available item.
    Active Trainer Rule: Fast catches - You may only catch the most common Pokémon you can run into in each area.
    Active Trainer Rule: Slower than usual - Your Pokémon cannot evolve by any other method other than level up / friendship + 5.
    Active Trainer Rule: Super-effective consequences - If you used super-effective move during any previous Gym Battle, you have to use only 1 Normal-type Pokémon solo in this segment, ignoring all other rules that would limit your team somehow.​
    020.png
    ultraball.png

With the new active trainer rule, I quickly weigh my options on which Normal type can solo a Steel type Gym Leader. Luckily, Raticate learning Super Fang at level 34 and learning Dig from TM28 (National Park) saved me from giving up entirely. THIS SEGMENT TOOK MANY ATTEMPTS OMG. I used Exp. Share (exchanged Gyarados's Red Scale). I cleared all of Lake of Rage and Mahogany Hideout Team Rocket grunts. I defeated trainers in Pryce's gym and all surrounding areas. This turned my playthrough into a Raticate solo because he needed all the experience points. I grinded Raticate up up up omg to level 46. I am personally invested in seeing this Raticate beat the Elite Four now. Rugo the Raticate is my MVP. His nickname is based on the fossil of Rugosodon eurasiaticus, a 160 million year old MIGHTY MOUSE.​

Gym Battle Against Jasmine:
    Spoiler:

Future 19 Interaction : I would like to interact with the computer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Update 8: Giovanni​
    Active Global Rules
    Active Personal Rules
    • Fast thinking - You must complete your battle's final segment in a maximum of 5 turns per enemy Pokémon you will have to fight. If you don't manage to do this you can try again as many times as you want.

Hm. Is not the worst rule to get. Lacked a lot of setup moves. Planned to grab Muk for the Elite Four with Minimize and Acid Armor. Rules that out.

Thought to the future. Caught a lot of Abras. Bagged 13 Abras before getting one with at least 15+ IVs in Special Attack and Speed (and not some terrible nature). Lost the 25% chance waaaaaay too many times. Named it "Djinn".

Next order of business: get the Experience Share. Only needed 9 more Pokemon. Fished up some. Caught some in the Safari Zone. Evolved some via stones. Should prove useful for leveling.

Grinded Djinn up to 42. Felt pretty quick. Handled the Cycling Road Bikers well. Grabbed some Speed and Special Attack EVs in the routes around Fuchsia City too.

Sailed to the Sevii Islands. Completed it fairly fast. Worried it might take an hour, even with speed-up. Guesses maybe fifteen minutes. Fought some decently leveled wild Pokemon as a bonus.

Flew over to Viridian City for Giovanni. Strategy checklist:
    • Hyper Beam something with Turret :t036:
    • Blow up with Rubble :t076:
    • Four party members only.
    • Five turns per enemy Pokemon.

Chose Djinn :t065:, Ayla :t057:, Rubble :t076:, and Turret :t036:. Plans to Hyper Beam Dugtrio :t051:, explode on Nidoqueen :t031: / Nidoking :t034:, and beat up the Rhyhorns :t111: with Karate Chops.

Turn 1: Ayla :t057:: Cross Chop (100%) / Rhyhorn :t111: Fainted
    (Switch to Turret :t036:)
    Turn 2: Dugtrio :t051:: Earthquake (120/157) / Turret :t036:: Hyper Beam (100%)
    (Switch to Rubble :t076:)
    Turn 3: Rubble :t076:: Selfdestruct (critical, 100%) / Nidoqueen :t031:: Fainted
    Turn 4: Djinn :t065:: Psychic (100%) / Nidoking :t034:: Fainted
    (Level up. Switch to Ayla :t057:)
    Turn 5: Ayla :t057:: Cross Chop (100%) / Rhyhorn :t111:: Fainted
    (Level up.)

Cleared it in five turns total. Fulfilled that limit with ease.

Proof:
    Spoiler: Trainer Card

GT 2023 Giovanni Clear.png

Current team: :t065::t057::t076::t036:

Step on all the colored pads (order: Green-Yellow-Blue-Red, if it matters). Then move to Past 13. (Seemed to be able to reach that. Visited everywhere else accessible from here.)

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • hello

Current rules:
    - Your Pokémon cannot evolve during this segment.
    - If you used Water-type Pokémon in any of the previous segments, you can only use Pokémon caught during this segment. Otherwise, you can't use TMs for the rest of the game.
    - You can only use Grass and Normal-types for the next segment (global rule).
    - You can only use Fighting and Fairy-types for the next segment, or in alternative, only Normal-types (global rule).
    - You have to put at least one Flying-type Pokémon on your team for this segment.
    - You must use Explosion or its variations at least once during each segment's final battle (if you have no way to have a Pokémon of yours learn these moves, you can ignore this rule).
    - You have to put a Fairy-type Pokémon (or Pokémon that turns into a Fairy-type in later gens) on your team until the end of the game. It has to use Explosion or any of its variants (or if it can't learn any, then it has to use the strongest attack it currently knows) in each Gym Battle. It's not affected by any other rule.
    - As long as you have a Grass-type Pokémon on your team, all Sinnoh Pokémon are unaffected by Global Rules.
    - You have to put at least one Dark-type Pokémon on your team for this segment.
    - At the end of your next segment, you can permanently box / release up to 4 Pokémon who battled against the last Gym leader / Kahuna / Captain you faced and obtain 10 Challenge Points for each.
    - You can only use White and Black Pokémon during this segment. If you can't, you have to use Gray Pokémon during this segment.

Long and tedious segment bc of all the routes to go through but we managed :') I couldn't even use stuff like Zoroark in the box because of the new color rule but I still got a team going, starting from my unaffected Cottonee (eventually turned into Whimsicott) and my Ducklett (it's blue, but "turns white" after evolving into Swanna - just like Litwick "turns black" when it evolves into Lampent? That was another encounter by the way).

I rounded up the team with Beartic, which I've used so often in previous challenges to handle the Dragon-type gym, Emolga (could've used Zebstrika, Emolga turned out to be pretty useless anyways) and Zangoose (who also disappointed me ngl). We did a lot of training in Reversal Mountain (thanks Bianca) before just running into Opelucid as fast as possible and trying to pull out a win despite the now clear level disadvantage. This is how it went (on the fourth attempt)...

Turn 1, start with Whimsi and use Energy Ball, the strongest move, to deal with one rule. It died shortly after to Druddigon but Beartic could come in and Icicle Crash for the KO. Flygon got softened by Emolga and Zangoose before I got in Swanna and found the right strategy - I used Tailwind, used Surf to land the KO on Flygon after barely surviving a Rock Slide, then let Swanna faint to Haxorus. This way I got in with Lampent, used Memento (I guess I could've used Explosion Claydol but I figured another self-KO move should work anyways for my rule - plus it does help a lot here) and had Beartic come in for the final KO as Haxorus just tried desperately to get back to normal stats with Dragon Dance.

Time to sacrifice Emolga, Zangoose, Beartic and Lampent for 40 klink points (that's what they get for this run btw... grr) and move to Future 17!

My team now:
    - Lampent, lv. 41
    - Beartic, lv. 43
    - Zangoose, lv. 42
    - Emolga, lv. 40
    - Whimsicott, lv. 41
    - Swanna, lv. 43

Last edited:
    Years
  • Updating...

Okay, this was fast. Nothing came up from any of the interactions here. You are all safe.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Running out of time in Pokémon Sapphire

marshtomp.png
    vigoroth.png
    breloom.png
    kirlia.png
    golem.png
    swablu.png

SEGMENT 5

Well, this segment was fast, since my new rule doesn't really require me to do anything special. I only really had to get to Norman and beat him. Since I'm in a hurry, I decided to brute forced him with anything I had. Which actually didn't work on the first try, because of my 5 turns limit. So I had to slow down a little bit and think. I had to use strategy for once. I taught Janna how to Bulk Up and set it up in 5 turn limit on the first Slaking (while also using Grace and her strongest attack first). The rest of Norman's team went down quickly.

Now, I'll move to Future 4.

Team

marshtomp.png

Karin, Bold Female Marshtomp
    lvl 29, Torrent
    - Water Gun
    - Bide
    - Mud Shot
    - Growl

vigoroth.png

Harper, Adamant Female Vigoroth
    lvl 29, Vital Spirit