• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen RYDEL, RYDEL, RYDEL, RYDEL, RYDEL...

Years
    Didn't you just hate that guy? I replayed the 3rd Gen. Games 4 times, and everytime I forgot to avoid that guy. He wasted to much of my time.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Yeah, I always bumped into him. He's annoying. He wastes my time.

Greeeny

Yes, that's three E's.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    Haha yeah, seriously what was the point in saying it like 50 times?

xXI JOE IXx

I recon somebody at gamefreak got bored of translation and made thatXD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I remember accidentally talking to him four times in a row. I was just mindlessly pressing A so that I could leave, but he stopped talking and I was still pressing A, and with all the times he says Rydel, it's hard to know when the last time he says it is.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Yea. Ugh. That's probably what I like the least about RSE. Seriously.. are we paying them to waste our time by reading the same "name" 50 times in a row, and then 100 if you're so unlucky to accidentally talk to him again?

Makes no sense. :s

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah. But hey, it was funny/kinda interesting the first time, right? And hell, until you get lost in all the water trying to get the last 2 gyms, the league, and the plot wrapped up, there's nothing else that really drags, so it's kinda acceptable. Not like if they put someone like that in FireRed/LeafGreen

Years
    I hate this guy so much, i'm always thinking (i don't play RSE that much, so i didnt memorize yet which of all these bikers it is) that you can fight him and he didn't see me, so i press the A Button, and then this guy doesnt challenge me and sends out a Magnemite, but he spams "Rydel" instead... And i fall for it every time, lol

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Well, I'm a completionist, so I made sure to talk to every biker to make sure I faced them all. When I spoke to him, it soon became, "Okay, we get the point, shut up already."

And later, "SHUT YOUR <censored> MOUTH, YOU <censored>!!!"

Yeah, I hated him. So much, I marked his location in my Player's Guide so I never accidentally spoke to the loser again.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    Ehh not much of a problem for me
    Only spoke to him once, never spoke to him again. I take notes of NPCs and their locations most of the time.

This was on VBA, speed toggling FTW! d(^_^)b

But yea I reckon the translators of japanese R/S/E got a bit too lazy there.

Back