• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Safari zone luck

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    So i was wondering if you have any stories about your good luck or bad luck in the safari zone.

i have a bad luck one, i was catching pokemon to complete my pokedex today and came across a shiny farfech'd. i threw the safari ball and of course it didnt stay in the ball and then fled. the first shiny i find in my game and i fail to catch it. i have horrible luck in the safari zone.

so does anyone else have any good luck in the safari zone or does everyone only have bad luck like me?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    im glad im not the only one who has bad luck. i wish it was easier to catch pokemon in the safari zone it, it really sucks when you find a shiny and it gets away.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    bad luck.

3 mud balls at murkrow (very very rare, always runs on 1st or second one) only for it to break out free and run.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Ran into Larvitar after about 4-5 minutes of searching.
    I threw a piece of bait at it and it stayed
    I threw a safari ball (and another 12) and it still stayed
    I threw a mud ball at it and it still stayed
    I threw my 2nd last Safari ball.. and it was caught.

It is now my trusted Tyranitar which was my jewel that helped me destroy Red. =]

Years
    Man. I played the regular gold and silver version, but I didn't came across any shiny pokemon in the game. I also play the SS version now. I still haven't come across any shiny pokemon. Arg!

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
    Woah. I'm surprised by how many shinies have been mentioned here xD
    No luck catching anything good so far. The Pokemon always flee ~_~

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    In one safari trip, I caught a lapras AND a slowbro that was holding a king's rock.

But I can't begin to count the number of larvitar I failed to catch.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    My luck is so so.

The most luck/unluck I've had has been nature hunting. it took me like 11 shots at the safari zone for a decent natured Murkrow for my ingame team. Thank god for object placement and repels. I only ran into lvl 47 murkrow while surfing :p. And I have like 10 boxes full of horrible natured pokes that i need to throw out eventually but as long as it took me xD.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    Larvitars were annoying me ****loads so I traded. Lapras was easy to catch. If you want one I have about 6.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    yeh larvitar was a hard one. i caught mine in the mountain. I surprisingly have pretty good luck with safari zone. most of the time i throw 2-3 pokeballs without mud or the candy thing and ive got it. Though i still havent found a shuppet or a bannette... T.T aaarrgghhh!!!

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I avoid the Safari Zone - I'm always afraid a Shiny Will Pop up, then run :S

Ditto. I try to avoid the Safari Zone at all costs. I've only ever gone to it to get what I need, like that Kangaskhan; which I haven't caught yet, and I'm in no hurry if a shiny is on the lines XD.

Years
    The best part about the Safari Zone for me is that Abra doesn't flee easily and it can't use teleport. :)
    Easiest way to catch an Abra, even though it's a little later in the game than can be used to destroy Morty.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well maybe I'll leave this open and see if this thread re-lives again, seeing it was bumped by an adbot. Good old adbots.

Back