• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Sapphire vs Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Just wondering if some people with Emerald could tell me if its worth buying it if iv already beaten sapphire. Its the same story line and all so i dunno. i think i'll get LG or FR or just wait till spring for Diamon and Pearl. Any advice?

Mattown

Akatsuki Master - EV Trainer
    Years
  • Well, first it is a different and cooler storyline. You can catch more pokemon en legendaries and you can see cool "short-movies". And the pokémon are moving (a little bit...).
    And of course the Battle Frontier!

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
  • Hm. If you're strapped for cash, I honestly wouldn't bother; but if you can shell out enough for a copy, you'll find yourself very happy with it, especially if you can trade with yourself.

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
  • Depends. If you've played R/S, Emerald just feels tedious. I'd suggest FR/LG, but if you play R/B/Y, it's not much different. My advice would be to wait until D/P. That way, there's always someone to play against.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Definitely get Emerald. While the storyline is similar, the extras you get aren't. Improved breeding, improved animation, and the Battle Frontier which is tons better than the lame Battle Tower of RS.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Emerald is way better than R/S but it has a similar storyline. Like what Shane^^ said, Emerald has a whole lot of improved bits and pieces to it that make it better than R/S. But it can seem a little bit boring playing to a similar storyline.
    LG/FR are ok. They are just remakes of the original R/B/Y so if you have played those I probably wouldnt recommend on getting LG/FR only because of the similarities but it is much better!
    Otherwise wait for D/P. I have Diamond and its a new experience and its pretty good. Although I cant fully understand it XD I still find it enjoyable so I would say wait for D/P!

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
  • simple you buy emerald as its got many new features as have been mentioned already such as the battle fronteir. FR and LG i think are not as good as emerald although it does have that cool bit where you visit the sevii islands and are able to catch some johto pokemon, but for me id go for emerald but thats what i just think! hope i helped

Years
  • Okay thanks peeps. Im getting Leaf Green on Wensday and right now im very strapped for cash cause the restraunt i work in closed for renovations, ut my mum is getting LG for me. And iv played/beaten Yellow, Blue, Red, Sapphire, and Pinball, but i like Leaf Green so im getting in in 2 days ;) And P&D aren't going to be for GBA, just so DS so im S.O.L in that case and im not buying DS my GBA is fine. Thanks for the advice though!!

haunter_northwind

The Mysterious Trainer
    Years
  • I think, Emerald is more interesting than Sapphire. Beside the longer storyline, we can play double battle in Emerald. We can test our strategy in Pokemon Frontier. If your strategy is great, you can win many battle point. Next, you can change those battle point with some useful item. ;)

Zeppelin

Electric Guitarist
    Years
  • Emerald is far better than Sapphire in my opinion. Better pokemon (THey move lol) and like red said there are more GSC pokemon. Pluse it has a better storyline. And you can get both Groudon and Kyorge in it,.....I think lol not that far yet in mine.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Most definately get it, especially if you've only played through Sapphire once.

Felidire

Bleeding Illusions.
    Years
  • The ending scenes on fr/lg are pretty cool. I played Sapphire, then LG, Then Emerald.. It's looking like I'm going to have to get D/P soon too. =\

If you have a ds, go for Diamond/Pearl.
    If you haven't, and you have real-life friends, who play emerald, I'd get that (because of the multi-battle in battle frontier.)

I think LG was more of a fun game, being able to re-live some of my former childhood, on a more state-of-the-art gaming platform, with some actual color xP

Cidinho

STILL working on a user title
    Years
  • I'd wait for D/P... even if you don't have a DS yet, do not spend the money, save it for buying a DS then D/P.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    if youve got the hoeon dex complete the dont get it.. as for fr lg you should get that too.. get eerald first though

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back