• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sarah Brightman Sings 10th Pokémon Movie Theme

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Years
  • First Japanese movie theme by former Phantom of the Opera star

The Hochi Shimbun paper reports that internationally renowned English soprano singer Sarah Brightman will sing the theme song for July 14's Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl the Movie: Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai. Brightman is best known for originating the heroine role of Christine in Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera musical. She recorded the song "Be With You: Itsumo Soba ni" (Always By Your Side) for her next album, due this fall or later. Japanese stores will carry the single on July 11.

The ballad and the movie will commemorate the ten year anniversary of the Pocket Monsters movie franchise. Pokémon: The First Movie still holds the record for the highest overseas box office of any Japanese movie. The last nine movies have been seen by a total of over 38 million attendees in Japan and have taken in 41.5 billion yen (US$347 million) at the box office.

Singer and Phantom of the Opera actress Sarah Brightman's Japanese homepage on the Toshiba EMI website is now hosting the Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl the Movie: Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai preview. The preview in Real Video and Windows Media Video format includes her theme song "Be With You: Itsumo Soba ni" (Always By Your Side).
    Source: Anime News Network

Be With You: Itsumo Soba ni (Always By Your Side) Trailer

Lyrics so far:
    I will be with you
    You are my fearful love, sent me from high above, You are the one
    I will be with you
    I'm going where the wind blows, going where the lost ones go

Nicku

//[N]ICKU::
    Years
  • Looks great ^u^ I never heard the song before, but I think that song mach the movie a lot :o)

- Nicku

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Wow, now that I see the animation, I'd say there's a high chance of it being Ash's Pidgeot o.O

Anyways, I liked the song, sounds like we might not need to listen to another horrible dub =D

Years
  • Wow. I've heard Brightman sing and she can definitely do it. However, her just being commissioned for a Pokemon song is a little hard for me to grasp. This definitely elevates the series to another level, song-wise at least.

Or finally tapping into the English audience, does it matter?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    The song seems to be a cover version from "Where the lost ones go" by Espen Lind and Sissel

WHERE THE LOST ONES GO

Leave and let me go
    You're not meant for me, I know
    Carry on, carry on, and I'll stay strong

Leave and let me go
    I will think of you, I know
    But carry on, carry on, and I'll stay strong

Someone else will keep you warm from now on
    Someone else will keep you safe from the storm
    But I'll be with you wherever you go
    So you will never be alone
    I'm going where the wind blows
    Going where the lost ones go

I will be with you
    I'm losing the love I found
    Crying without a sound
    Where have you gone?
    I will be with you
    You were my fool for love
    Sent me from high above
    You were the one
    I will be with you

Leave and let me go
    Don't look back just let me know
    You'll carry on, carry on, you must stay strong

Nothing ever looks the same in the light
    Nothing ever seems to quite turn out right
    But when you realize that you have been loved
    You will never be alone

I will be with you
    I'm losing the love I found
    Crying without a sound
    Where have you gone?
    I will be with you
    Sent me from high above
    You were the one
    I will be with you

Leave and let me go
    Baby I can't come along
    Carry on, carry on, you must stay strong

The lines
    "I will be with you
    Sent me from high above
    You were the one
    I will be with you
    Going where the lost ones go"
    are what can be heard in the trailer.

The song can be heard in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRi4ty3D9do
    And it really is the melody from the trailer.

I have to say that I'm a little surprised that they use a cover version of an existing song for the movie ending o.o

Years
  • Actually, I'm rather disappointed for some reason. It's still an elevation of quality, but I feel a hollow. Maybe that's because I don't care for covers. Ah, well.

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
    Years
  • well.i LOVE covers and i think sarah brightman and the guy that sings the song too do an INCREDIBLE job! it's such an ... Extemely amazing song.. expecially for a Pokemon movie ;)!

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2017
    I'm incredibly excited by this--Sarah Brightman's an excellent singer, IMHO, and I think it's interesting that they chose an English song as the cover one. Perhaps it'll remain as is for the dub version? Let's see how PUSA handles this...

Back