• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scariest games

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Outlast 2 comes out this year and I am ecstatic. This was one of the first games I played on PS4; not only was it one of the most fun games I've played but it was also one of the scariest! There aren't too many good horror games out their, but besides Outlast I would say that the Deadspace series had some scary moments with the popups. Anyone play ZombieU on the Nintendo Wii U? How was that, it looked decent. So what are some of the scariest games you've played? Do you regret playing them?

Nothing is more scarier in a game than having all the lights off in your house at 3 in the morning and having a random thing pop out in front of you. Nothing.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Layers of Fear. Yes, I'm picking an Early Access game. And yes, it deserves all the praise it gets. I have not been this genuinely unnerved by a horror game in a long time. I can't even remember the last time a horror game rattled me like LoF.

Among The Sleep's atmosphere was shattered quickly. Outlast went from seriously creepy to a muddled gore-fest with some jumpscares after the sewers, basically around the time Dr. Trager made an appearance. Even before that, it had a handful of loud jumpscares that you could see coming a mile away. Penumbra had an amazingly tense atmosphere at the start, but once I saw a few of the enemies, I was more interested in the puzzles - and once it started giving you puzzles, it seemed to forget how to atmosphere. Amnesia was just more Penumbra; I got bored and started throwing furniture around.

All of them had the same problem; once you got about a half hour into it, you saw their hand. That was it. They didn't throw anything new at you. Once the tension broke, it didn't come back.

Layers of Fear was.. an experience. Hell, every room was a new experience. There was never a dull moment, lol. So no, no regrets. I only wish it were longer. And that more horror games could maintain a terrifying atmosphere for as long as LoF did.
    If you haven't already seen it, there's a full playthrough without commentary, (of the original build; they've added something like 20 new rooms since) if you're interested. Doesn't take too long to get into it; after about 15-20 minutes, **** starts to get real.

Back