• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scribblenauts!

Godot

That's one of my rules.
    Years
    Has anyone else heard about this game? It's going to be epic, it's already taken IGN and GameSpy's Game of E3 awards.

Scribblenauts is a sort of puzzle game (being developed for the Nintendo DS by developer 5TH Cell) in which you have to solve puzzles by getting your protagonist (named Maxwell) to an object called a Starite. To do this, you write nouns. Any nouns you want (excluding vulgarities, most proper nouns, and copyrighted material). And the nouns materialize for your protagonist to use. There's been so many combinations made so far at the E3 demo, and the game seems to have a never ending amount of words you can use (there's a YouTube video somewhere depicting a skateboarding and shotgun-wielding God fighting Cthulhu).

Personally, I think it'll be great, and it sounds like a blast to play. From what I've heard, it is headed for a worldwide release sometime in fall.

Here's an old IGN article about the game, in case anyone is interested: https://ds.ign.com/articles/936/936157p1.html

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
    It looks like a fair bit of fun. I read an interview with the developers somewhere, and you can make Maxwell die. :D. I sound so evil. :3. But I probably will get it, when the price goes down a bit. :D

Back