• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Hello, I've made a script but for some reason when I test it applymovement @move2 does not execute
Spoiler:

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Hello, I've made a script but for some reason when I test it applymovement @move2 does not execute
Spoiler:

Try shortening your movements down to groups of 9, with #raw 0xFE counting as a movement. So divide @move2 into multiple parts that have 9 or less movements.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Probably yet another n00b question, but...

Spoiler:

When I try to compile, it says:

Line 10 is
"setwildbattle PKMN_SKARMORY 0x14 ITEM_NONE".

I got that script from ZAPDOS, deleted some things I thought were unnecessary, changed the flags, and edited it to be like PMD Blue.

By the way, that script worked with MEW.

It means that PKMN_SKARMORY and ITEM_NONE aren't defined in XSE. The person who wrote the script must have manually defined the raw # data by those names.

Change PKMN_SKARMORY to 0xe3 and ITEM_NONE to 0x0.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Hello, I am making a Fire Red hack using XSE and Advanced map.
I am making this script where Misty is running into the player and then batteling him, however neither of this is happening. It seems like that it is "skipping" the scrript, because ehen I walk over the tile, nothing is happening. Here is my script:
Spoiler:

and I have set the unknow and VAR number in advanced map to 0003 and 4050.
Could anyone tell me what I have done wrong? would apreciate it :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end
#org @take
givepokemon 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox @4 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @5 0x6
release
end
#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return
#org @done
msgbox @6 0x6
release
end
#org @1
= Hello.\Oh, a similar face.\Lucas....\nI am going to.\ngive you a
choice!

#org @text1
= You want Chimchar?..

#org @text2
= You want Piplup?..

#org @text3
= You want Turtwig?..
#org @4
= [black_fr]You received a Chimchar!
#org @5
= [black_fr]You received a Piplup!
#org @6
= [black_fr]You received a Turtwig!
#org @7
= So are you having fun?

Its supposed to be a multichoice. Can anyone fix it?
I belive some things are worng and some things need to be added.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Ok, I've got this little problem, I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but I really want to know.

Whenever I use applymovement on a person with the Person ID of 10+ it doesn't work.

Here's an example

Code:
#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @look
boxset 6
applymovement 0x12 @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @look
=Look!\pI can move

#org @move
#raw 0x10 0x10 0xFE

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2011
Hello guys. First post ever. :P I'm trying to hack Fire Red with my gf. It's been fun, but...

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make sudden battles, such as the one the rival makes when you're walking. You don't see the rival, the game just stops you and the rival approaches you, talks, the battle begins, you win or lose, then he talks again and walks away. Does anyone know? I would really appreciate help on this one.

Btw, I'm using Pokewitch, Pocket Script, and Adv. Map 1.90 for my scripts.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Ok, I've got this little problem, I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but I really want to know.

Whenever I use applymovement on a person with the Person ID of 10+ it doesn't work.

Here's an example

Code:
#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @look
boxset 6
applymovement 0x12 @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @look
=Look!\pI can move

#org @move
#raw 0x10 0x10 0xFE

That's because you probably type 0x10 which is actually 16.
So either use the windows calculator to convert 10 into hex (which is 0xA) or instead of typing 0x10, just type 10.

Oh, and you're using an outdated XSE; download the new one where the msgbox construct has changed.And if you use msgbox type 0x2, you won't need a lock, faceplayer, or release.

So in this case, your script should be:

Code:
#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
msgbox @look [B]0x2[/B]
applymovement [B]12[/B] @move
waitmovement 0x0
end

#org @look
= Look!\pI can move

#org @move
#raw 0x10 0x10 0xFE
or

Code:
#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
msgbox @look [B]0x2[/B]
applymovement [B]0xC[/B] @move
waitmovement 0x0
end

#org @look
= Look!\pI can move

#org @move
#raw 0x10 0x10 0xFE

Envi

Full Metal Fangirl
Years
PKSVUI Problem

OK so I use PKSVUI as my scripting program because it seems to be the most helpful. However when I try to use a command such as "falldownhole" or "moveoffscreen" I get a message saying "unknown value in FALLDOWNHOLE (Value must be integer)" or in the case of "moveoffscreen" nothing happens. What I am trying to do here is have it so when you talk to a person, they will walk off the screen or disappear in some way or another. So my question is, what do I need to put after these commands to make them work.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Probably yet another n00b question, but...

Spoiler:

When I try to compile, it says:

Line 10 is
"setwildbattle PKMN_SKARMORY 0x14 ITEM_NONE".

I got that script from ZAPDOS, deleted some things I thought were unnecessary, changed the flags, and edited it to be like PMD Blue.

By the way, that script worked with MEW.

You'll need a "#include stdpoke.rbh" somewhere in there if you want to use symbols from that particular header file. Oh, and you'll need to include 'stditem.rbh' too if you want to keep using "ITEM_NONE".

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I would like to know if there is any way to recreate the circumstances for battling Landorus that exist in Black and White. Those being that you have to have Tornadus and Thundurus in your party in order to battle Landorus. (I have replaced Regirock with Tornadus, Regice with Thundurus, and Registeel with Landorus in my hack). I already have created a working battle script that allows me to battle Landorus normally. But, I don't know where to start as far as a command or set of commands to recreate these circumstances of having to have Tornadus and Thundurus in your party. My script is below, and I'm hacking Pokemon Ruby.

Code:
#org 0x8904092
checkflag 0x27F
if true jump 0x89040C5
cry 0xA1 0x193
pause 0x28
msgbox 0x89040CB
callstd MSG_LOCK
battle registeel 50 NONE
special BATTLE_PIXELLATE
applymovement 0x5 0x89040C7
pauseevent 0x0
setflag 0x27F
release
end

#org 0x89040C5
release
end

#org 0x89040CB
= Laaooooorrr!!!

#org 0x89040C7
M hide walk_up_slow walk_up_slow end
P.S. I'm using PKSV for my script editor.

Last edited:

Olli

Years
Nevermind!
I had made a mistake in A-Trainer which caused the whole script to go wrong

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Well, I'm just gonna stick to the old XSE since I'm a little more used to the boxset thing, but I've encountered a new problem.
Ever since I began writing the ID numbers as 10 and 0xC and such, the Trainerbattle's I'm using won't work.

Here's the script

Code:
#dynamic 0x806F00
#org @start
lock
msgbox @wonder
boxset 6
applymovement 12 @!
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 12 @turn
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @battle
boxset 0x6
trainerbattle 0x1 0x15F 0x0 @before @after @later
#org @before
= Grunt: Hehe! You're going down!
#org @after
= Whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat
#org @later
msgbox @how?
boxset 6
showsprite 13
applymovement 13 @down
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @what
boxset 6
fadescreen 1
hidesprite 12
fadescreen 0
applymovement 13 @down2
waitmovement 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x160 0x0 @before1 @after1 @later1
#org @before1
= That guy was weak!\nI'm a lot stronger than him!\pJUST YOU SEE!
#org @after1
= IMPOSSIBLE!
#org @later1
msgbox @impossible
boxset 6
applymovement 13 @crazy
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 13
release
end
#org @wonder
= I wonder if the boss has gotten\nany information about where Heatran\lcould be hiding
#org @!
#raw 0x62 0xFE
#org @turn
#raw 0x04 0xFE
#org @battle
= Grunt: Dangit!\nThat kid heard me!\lWhat am I gonna do?\lOh yeah! I'll just wipe him out in\la Pokémon battle!\pHey kid! I challenge you to a\npokémon battle!\pIf I win you'll have to keep\neverything you heard a secret!\pIf anyone hears about it, we're\ngonna get you!
#org @how?
= Grunt: How could you beat me?\pYou're just a little kid!\nYou shouldn't be able to beat me!
#org @down
#raw 0x10 0x10 0xFE
#org @what
= Grunt 2: What happened here?\pGrunt 1: This kid hear what I was\ntalking about, and I challenged him\lto a battle, and he BEAT ME! I\ldon't understand how he...\pGrunt 2: Shut up!\nYou're weak, and that's how he beat\lyou.\lYou never train your pokémon, you\ljust thought that they would be\lstrong enough as they were when you\lget them, but the aren't strong!\pYou're an disgrace to Team Rumble\nRock, and for that, you'll have to\lleave!\pONIX!
#org @down2
#raw 0x10 0xFE
#org @impossible
= Grunt 2: IMPOSSIBLE! NO ONE HAS\nEVER BEAT ME!\pGAAAAAAARH!
#org @crazy
#raw 0x1E 0x1E 0x1F 0x1D 0x14 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0xFE

"Won't work" is very vague. Please elaborate more so we can help you.

Olli

Years
Nevermind. I had screwed something up in A-Trainer

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 23, 2011
Okay guys so this a re-vamped script I've been working on for a while but BY THE HEAVENS it refuses to work. Here it is:
Spoiler:

I'm actually writing this in an OOOOOLD version of PKSV but I know more people are familiar with XSE so I decompiled it with XSE and well...There you have it.

So what is going wrong you ask? After I select the second Pokemon the screen blanks out and gives me this message in a pop-up window: "Unsupported BIOS function df called from 03006c0c. A BIOS file is needed in order to get correct behaviour."
Sometimes it just goes blank.

Could I not be putting the ASM correctly? Any help is greatly appreciated (and needed)

The ASM is courtesy of HackMew http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=206138

Olli

Years
Yeah... I know that I'm active a lot on this forum, but, whatever! To the point!

I've got a little problem that I've heard of and seen before.
It occurs after a trainerbattle script (why do I always have problem with trainerbattle scripts?)
Everything goes fine up the battle and throughout the battle, but when I'm done with the battle, my screen goes to the one I was fighting.
I'm not able to move or anything before I for example open up the Pokémons menu, and close it again.

I really hope that I could get some help for this script.

Here's the script

Code:
#dynamic 0x80FB00
#org @start
lock
showsprite 0x3
applymovement 0x3 @down
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0xFF @!
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @never
boxset 0x6
trainerbattle 0x1 0x002 0x0 @before @after @further

#org @down
#raw 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x62 0x47 0x0 0xFE
#org @!
#raw 0x62 0xFE
#org @never
= ???: You...\pYOU BUMPED INTO ME!\pI HATE PEOPLE WITH THAT LITTLE\nRESPECT!\pRUNTS LIKE YOU RUNNING BACK AND\nFORTH, WHILE NOT MINDING OTHER\lPEOPLE!
#org @before
= ???: You are gonna PAY!
#org @after
= ???: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!
#org @further
msgbox @argh
boxset 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @away
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x3 @run
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x3
setvar 0x4060 0x0001
release
end
#org @argh
= ???:\nARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR\lRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH
#org @run
#raw 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0x1D 0xFE
#org @away
#raw 0x13 0x2 0xFE

I'm using XSE, and don't tell me that I'm using an outdated version.
I already know :I

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Okay guys so this a re-vamped script I've been working on for a while but BY THE HEAVENS it refuses to work. Here it is:
Spoiler:

I'm actually writing this in an OOOOOLD version of PKSV but I know more people are familiar with XSE so I decompiled it with XSE and well...There you have it.

So what is going wrong you ask? After I select the second Pokemon the screen blanks out and gives me this message in a pop-up window: "Unsupported BIOS function df called from 03006c0c. A BIOS file is needed in order to get correct behaviour."
Sometimes it just goes blank.

Could I not be putting the ASM correctly? Any help is greatly appreciated (and needed)

The ASM is courtesy of HackMew http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=206138

Here's a link to a tut I wrote:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=210016#asm

^ It might help you rewrite the script if you need to - but before you do anything, first make sure you add a 1 to the offset of the asm routine, in case you haven't, when you use the callasm command (if you put the routine at 0x800595, for instance, you would write callasm 0x800596).

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2011
Here's a link to a tut I wrote:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=210016#asm

^ It might help you rewrite the script if you need to - but before you do anything, first make sure you add a 1 to the offset of the asm routine, in case you haven't, when you use the callasm command (if you put the routine at 0x800595, for instance, you would write callasm 0x800596).
Hahaha that's ironic! I in fact used your tutorial to write the script! And yes I did make sure to add 1 to the callasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back