• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scrub A Dub Dub

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Me, I definitely prefer showers. Baths are more of a way to relax, whereas showers are merely quick. It's been over a year since I've had a bath. Oddly enough, though, I had a dream last night about having a bath...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I haven't had a bath since I was in elementary school. lol!

I like the water on the hot side. Who showers in cold water???

Airodactyl

#142 Forever and Always
    Years
    I haven't had a bath since I was in elementary school. lol!

I like the water on the hot side. Who showers in cold water???
    One of my old teachers (I believe he taught religious education, but I can't honestly remember if that's true or not) said that he did so to increase his white blood cell count. Can't confirm the scientific accuracy of that, but it was interesting nonetheless.

But I digress. I like to shower, but only for about ten minutes or so. I'm an anomaly among my family in wanting such 'long' showers. The rest of them spend about five minutes at an absolute maximum in the shower, and criticize me immensely for using up 'all the hot water' for my ten-minute wash-a-thons. in comparison to my friends, on the other hand, my showers are relatively brisk. One of my friends has been known to spend an hour in his, which strikes me as lunacy, but variety is the spice of life, after all. (Well, that and garam masala.)

As for the temperature, I'm going to sit on the fence a little bit and say I like it warm but not too hot. Boring, I know, but it's the truth. Sometimes the truth is boring and vanilla and there's nothing you can do about it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I am more of a shower person. I think it's quicker. Baths are kinda like a "wanna get rid of stress" way. I prefer warm water, nothing too hot, nothing too cold. I only do cold water when it gets tooo hot outside and I just want to cool off.

I usually take a shower in the early morning. It's a good way to wake me up. xD

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Mmmmm... my showers are the best parts of my day.

I don't think I've taken a bath (to get clean) in somewhere near... a decade. They're just not as comfortable as showers. The water is too hot at first and quickly gets cold. I just don't see the joy in that. Showers, on the other hand, I can continuously alter the temperature to my pleasure. Whatever that may be.

I take a shower every morning before work or school, and I'll usually take another one in the evening after the gym, or just because I know it'll relax me when I'm stressed. Like Syd, I do a lot of my serious thinking here. It just relieves your stress and opens your mind up.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    I generally take showers when I first get up in the mornings and get them as hot as I can stand. Usually I let my skin adjust and then slowly crank the heat up to the max temperature. It feels nice against sore muscles and for headaches, both of which are common for me early in the day. Don't stay in too long though-- depends on how tired I am whether I space out or not. I'm not opposed to baths, though. I'm fortunate enough to live in a house with one of those old fashioned, huuuuge tubs that a grown man can sit comfortably in. They're just a rare occasion because of time factor and well... baths use a lot more water than showers for me, so there's that cost thing to consider, too, even if it's only a few cents difference.

I'm the total opposite of Syd and Hiidoran though. I take showers to clear my thoughts of everything and mostly just focus on something random and innocent and pointless. It's a way to help me get focused for the day ahead more than anything.

Years
    I always take extremely hot showers, mostly because I'm cold when I jump in the shower, and hot water helps to soothe any muscles that are tense or tight.

I usually take them when I first wake up, whenever that happens to be. I somehow manage to always take between 10 and 15 minutes in the shower, no matter what.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
    The shower at my house sucks, so I never really shower unless I have to rush. I used to take really really hot baths, one time it was a bit too hot so I passed out :x I try keeping them from being too hot now..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I shower in the morning just cause, except when I wash my hair which is usually the night before I go somewhere. XD; BUT YEAH, I am a shower person. Idc about baths, take up too much time--despite me showering for like 40 minutes usuallyyy...

Oh and completely hot. Cold is dumb. Never do cold. Not even in 38 degree weather lool.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I do baths. Doctor's orders because of my skin allergies and my need to get moisture on my skin. I'll take them at either one of two times: Around 10 AM to noon, or 10 PM to midnight, so chosen so I won't interfere with the rest of the family taking their showers. Because I have to stay in there for 45 minutes to an hour to get my skin properly moisturized. I should add that I don't use soap as it bothers my skin, I have to use a special cleansing product called Cetaphil.

I try to run the water as hot as I can. Which due to our crappy water heater isn't very hot, sadly :/

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Shower for me. In terms of 'when', I'm honestly very flexible. Morning, noon or night, it really doesn't bother me. Temperature has to be warm, but not excruciatingly so. If I had to label it, 'pleasantly hot' would be probably be apt.

Essentials

Lost in Thought
    Years
    Get clean fools!

Oh God, that's the best line ever. Seriously.

I prefer a hot shower in the afternoon. But when it's night time, I'd like a cold shower. Sometimes, I'm afraid of the shower 'cause I watched a movie about blood coming out from it, and then a ghost killed the girl. But that still doesn't change the fact that showers are a girl's best friend.

Years
    Are you more of a bath or a shower person? Do you prefer hot or cold water?
    I am a shower person; I never liked the idea of sitting in my own, dirty water. And hot showers are good on most occasions, apart from hot days, where I happily welcome a cold shower.

Also, what time of day do you usually get your clean on?
    Early in the morning. Normally 6:30am on a work day.​

CyanFlame

Gotta get the sauce
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2012
    Hot, hot, hot. I like my showers* as hot as I can allow...

* = I take showers.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    i don't really have a bathtub at home, so it's showering all the way for me!
    as for hot vs. cold showers, i really prefer cold showers... even in the mornings. i hate the feeling of heat against my skin, and a cold shower is a good perk-me-up in the mornings.

i usually take a bath (well, in this case, take a shower) at least twice a day, one in the morning after breakfast, and another before sleeping. sometimes, i shower in-between (like, mid-afternoon) during summer when it's particularly hot, or after a long day of school just to freshen up.

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    I'm a cold shower person. Very rare do a take a bath in the morning. I always take them around night time, or else I feel uncomfortable.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I usually shower in the morning before work unless I'm off that day, then I shower whenever my lazy ass decides to xD I prefer hot showers, not warm, not cold, but HOT. I find what I can't stand and turn it down a bit xD

Back