• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sending Pokemon from old to new game.. help desperately needed

Days
    • Seen Mar 13, 2024
    Hi.. this is my friend's desperate problem and they've asked me to try to find help. I don't speak this language and am not sure where to start, so here is his question/dilemma:

I want to send Pokemon from old games to new games via bank and home and I have sent a few though to home when I think I should have kept them in bank or on old game card. I have crosses though a lot of them stating they cannot go into this game so they re not part of the Pokedex of that region are they now stuck in home or can I save some of them somehow?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi.. this is my friend's desperate problem and they've asked me to try to find help. I don't speak this language and am not sure where to start, so here is his question/dilemma:

I want to send Pokemon from old games to new games via bank and home and I have sent a few though to home when I think I should have kept them in bank or on old game card. I have crosses though a lot of them stating they cannot go into this game so they re not part of the Pokedex of that region are they now stuck in home or can I save some of them somehow?
    It used to be that the data existed for every single Pokemon in the game's files, but starting with Sword/Shield, not every Pokemon exists in the game files, so some can't be sent to certain games. Once you've sent a Pokemon from Bank to Home, it can't go back to Bank, so it has to either stay in Home or be sent to a game that will accept it.

Which Pokemon is he trying to move, and to what games?

Years
  • Once a Pokémon reaches Home, it is unfortunately going to be prohibited in certain games.

For example, the Sinnoh starters are unavailable in Sword and Shield, but they are in BDSP/Legends Arceus/SV. So yes, if Home is telling you that a Pokémon cannot be moved to a game, the 'Mon must stay in Home, or be moved to a game that actually accepts it.

Unfortunately, once a Pokémon has been moved to home, it cannot be moved back to Bank, meaning it's no longer possible to move it to a 3DS game, but I don't think that's part of your question here.

Back