• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serena(Anime) Vs Y (Pokespe)

Serena Or Y(Pokespe) ???

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Sorry , I don't knew where to post this !
    Simply , I wanted to create a poll to see if People like Serena more Or Y (Pokespe).

Serena : Ash's childhood friend & current travel companion . She has a crush on Ash. She doesn't have any pokemon beside Fennkin . She haven't decided her goal.

Y (Pokespe) : Current female protagonist of Pokemon Adventure XY chapter . She is a Rhyhorn racer champion & a Sky battler . She has a Flectchling , Frokie & Sylvion . Her current goal is to uncover Team Flare's plan .
    Her pic is bellow-
    Serena(Anime) Vs Y (Pokespe)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    I moved this thread to Pokémon Polls so that it would attract more people who are familiar with the manga, rather than just the anime~

I voted for Serena, mainly because I'm not familiar with Y. Y seems to be more accomplished but Serena still has potential. Serena is a great asset to the group and she is much more relaxed than the other female protagonists.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm not familiar with Pokespe, but it seems like every character from it is better than the ones portrayed in the anime. There seems to be a lot more character development and just overall more mature characters in it too. I guess it makes sense since the anime is directed at such a childish audience. So I'm going for Y.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I don't think this is a fair poll. Serena has gotten plenty of exposure and you can see more of her character as the anime is getting both subbed by fans and dubbed. Y is pretty much an unknown to many as the X/Y arc is only available through raws, as I believe no one has been willing to pick up Pokemon Special after anon scans retired from scanlating barring Golden Pidgeot who has translated a couple of chapters. Even then the raws are mostly phone shots. Also, I don't believe Viz Media has started the translation yet.

That said, as someone who has read the raws for X/Y. Y is an easy choice for me. She's confident, and isn't afraid to voice her thoughts. She reminds me a lot of Sapphire just toned down a bit. Plus she has a Sylveon! The moment when she was trying to do Pokemon-Amie with her Eevee was pretty funny as well, and adds more to the bias.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I don't think this is a fair poll. Serena has gotten plenty of exposure and you can see more of her character as the anime is getting both subbed by fans and dubbed. Y is pretty much an unknown to many as the X/Y arc is only available through raws, as I believe no one has been willing to pick up Pokemon Special after anon scans retired from scanlating barring Golden Pidgeot who has translated a couple of chapters. Even then the raws are mostly phone shots. Also, I don't believe Viz Media has started the translation yet.

That said, as someone who has read the raws for X/Y. Y is an easy choice for me. She's confident, and isn't afraid to voice her thoughts. She reminds me a lot of Sapphire just toned down a bit. Plus she has a Sylveon! The moment when she was trying to do Pokemon-Amie with her Eevee was pretty funny as well, and adds more to the bias.

When I first saw Y , I shout WHY SERENA ISN'T LIKE HER ?
    I should us why the Writers aren't like Hidenoir Kusaka ???
    That One Guy alone came up with Unique character like Gold , Dia , Plantina and Y !
    While Pokemon Anime has 5 or 6 writer working together yet They can't create One good character.
    I wonder if Serena still has the chance to be like Y ! Confident , Determinate , Strict and strong willed.
    She shown the potential to be like Y.
    However The moment she met Ash, She become like one of those annoying Weak Shoujo heroin who has major one side feeling toward a Kind guy for his One act of Kindness toward her.
    I hate those Shoujo heroin !

Back