• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seriously who is the strongest pokemon?

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Well, unfortunately, it used to be Mewtwo, but with all the type advantages and ev training. Any pokemon except Magikarp can be considered the strongest from some point of view. Technically, Arceus has the highest base stats, but natures affect that and other pokemon have the highest base in one particular stat.

Zorloc

I'm Back baby!
    Years
    mewtwo was and some still consider the strongest
    now some people consider it arceus but arceus has a bad type disadvantage and so do most of it's moves

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Well, unfortunately, it used to be Mewtwo, but with all the type advantages and ev training. Any pokemon except Magikarp can be considered the strongest from some point of view. Technically, Arceus has the highest base stats, but natures affect that and other pokemon have the highest base in one particular stat.

I was going by favorites rather than facts.

In honesty I'd think Dialga would be a great choice due to the fact it has almost no type weaknesses.

Years
    At one point, it was considered to be Mewtwo. This was because Mewtwo had an excellent type, access to great moves of nearly any type, and some absurd Special Attack. Other pokemon like Lugia and Groudon had some of these advantages, but Mewtwo had an edge on any of them.

Then along comes Arceus. Though it's not the strongest pokemon in any single stat category, all it's stats are very high (base 120 in each category), and it enjoys having the highest combined stat total in the game (720). It's typing also rocks, because it can be any single type it wants due to it's Multitype ability, and it has a move that changes type to match Arceus. It also has access to nearly any kind of move it wants, making it one of the best pokemon at whatever it does. It also makes an awesome physical sweeper with Swords Dance, which takes a good majority of the competitive Uber game completely off guard.

There is no pokemon moveset that guarantees it can beat any single pokemon it meets. But Arceus has an edge over any competition over the top spot by a long shot, and it's ability to change types will give it a place in any team. Once Nintendo distributes these, nearly everyone will have one. Or want to.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Mewtwo.

See: Pokemon Movie 1.

And he was given the best line of any Pokemon movie so far.

"This cannot be, my destiny!"

This is the DP forum, the movies hold no sway here.

Technically, the strongest poke is deoxys-a. If you don't hit that thing first or are called lugia, you're screwed. All pokes have their ups and downs (Other than NUs, who just have downs), and in deoxysA's case it's non-existant defences, but in terms of raw power, versatitlity and movepool, nothing comes close to deoxys. Both arceus and darkrai are significantly underpowered and cannot warrent the title of "strongest".

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    This is the DP forum, the movies hold no sway here.

Technically, the strongest poke is deoxys-a. If you don't hit that thing first or are called lugia, you're screwed. All pokes have their ups and downs (Other than NUs, who just have downs), and in deoxysA's case it's non-existant defences, but in terms of raw power, versatitlity and movepool, nothing comes close to deoxys. Both arceus and darkrai are significantly underpowered and cannot warrent the title of "strongest".

Latias beats the ever living life out of the most common Deoxys-a, though the physical set is beast.

In UU, the best Pokemon there (and most frightening) is probably Absol, Aerodactyl, or Hitmonlee. All three are incredibly strong, and they have very few counters (Lee has a full counter in Claydol/Weezing though)

In OU, most likely, Garchomp, Tyranitar, or Salamence are the most fearsome. Garchomp because of it's sheer power, but TTar and Salamence have unpredictability on their side.

In Ubers, Arceus is the best. Hands down.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I say Darkrai, it can just put your ass to sleep and do as it pleases(use your imagination!)
    I'd rather not, but thats beside the point.
    Darkrai has to be one of the strongest.
    Its special attack and speed are great, and with its dark void/dream eater/bad dreams combo, its a monster in special battles.
    the only ability that works against it is insomnia, that sucks.
    but even then, you can take them out with a quick dark pulse or spacial rend.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Actually, when you think about it, there is actually NO stronger Pokémon. It all mostly depends on how you train them. :\

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Every Pokemon existed has its own counter, so I think there's none.

If talking about teams, there might be a perfect team, but as for an individual Pokemon I don't think so.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    All Pokemon respectively, are unique in each & every way. Various species of Pokemon counter others...

In my own honest opinion, their is no "STRONGEST OF THEM ALL". All equal... (Depends on how the trainer uses it to their own advantage.)

Back