• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shifting Sands (PG~13) OOC and SU thread

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    Shifting Sands
    OOC
    As You can tell, this is the Shifting Sands OOC. If you want to read through the plot, rules, and major characters of the RP, then please visit the main Shifting Sands thread, which can be found in the Pokemon Roleplay section or I'll link it to here as soon as I can.

This is where you can post your SU, ask about the RP, and where I'll be posting the latest members of our RP. there's also the Sign-Up rules and a copy of the regular rules. Please read through all of these carefully before making your SU, and it's a good idea to visit the main thread for obvious reasons.

The Blacklist is there for those people who will be refused entry to or kicked out of the RP. This may be because of breaking of any of the rules, people who aren't active, or people who don't make their posts detailed enough. If you enter the blacklist, then unless you provide a very good reason for being let off, then you'll stay in there.

Sign-Up Rules:

1. Make the name realistic. I don't want to see any Peter Parkers or other cheesy names. Be original!
    2. History and Personality have to be a decent paragraph at least; And by a decent paragraph, I mean four or five lines.
    3. if I put you as pending or you request to finish your SU later, you'll have 24 ours from my reading of it, unless you give me a good reason for a longer time. I want to get this RP started ASAP.

Rules:
    1. All Standard Pokecommunity rules apply, of course.
    2. No Bunnying without permission.
    3. Violence, mild romance and MINOR bad language will be allowed, but keep it civil, ladies and gents.
    4. Be realistic. You can't win every battle, and not everything will go perfectly.
    6.Have fun!

Play:
    This will be a chaptered RP. You will be going separately to the other RPers, and you will have a general direction. As this is a new region that is relatively unexplored, you will have the oppurtunity to sculpt the route you go down. Rocky or Desert? Plains or Hills? Fertile or barren? You will have to keep it realistic, however.

Members:
    This will be done in a categorial manner, with a person being placed in their appropriate category, and then a reason for most of the categories. They will be posted in the format of Username-Character Name-Pokemon and name
    Accepted:
    Pulpitar1-Danny-Bobby the Marrill.
    Makbets-Ace-Inferno the Chimchar
    Xeyj-Xeyj-Fang the Poochyena
    TurkishDelight-Thomas/Tommy-Flare the Cyndaquil
    Aura.Lucario-Antonius-Anubis the Riolu
    Wonderstruck-Esperanza-Potato the Trapinch
    Venomire-Salim-Saladin the Shibishirasu
    Pending:
    None, which could be a good thing.
    Reserved:

Blacklist:
    None, Hurrah!

SU:
    Finally, the good part!

Name: The name of your character.
    Origin: 1 0r 2, see above.
    Appearance: What does your character look like? At least one decent paragraph minimum.
    History: What has happened to your character in the past? Again, one decent paragraph minimum.
    Starter Pokemon: Any Gen I-V first stage Pokemon that can evolve at least once.
    Starter Pokemon name: Duh.
    Starter Pokemon Gender: Again, duh.
    Starter Pokemon moveset: Has to be able to be learned by the Pokemon before level 10.

There is no personality section for a good reason- If you put your character's personality then you are immediately restricted to keeping his or her personality as such. Your character's personality is to be shown through the way they act in the RP.

So then, be creative, be kind and polite, and be thorough, and we'll get along fine. Good luck!

Last edited:

wonderstruck

hi i'm awesome.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Hi! I really like this plot--it's new territory for me and seems well thought out--so I was wondering if I could reserve a spot. Don't worry, I'll send in a detailed SU ASAP; 'm just in a bit of a hurry right now. :s

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
    Years
  • another copy of my SU.

Name: Antonius Martinez
    Origin: 1 (Sinnoh, Eterna City)

Appearance: Antonius doesn't want much attention, therefore he wears dark coloured clothing. He wears black sports with grey stripes, a grey T-shirt and a dark blue jacket pretty often. He has a black-and-white Yin Yang lecknace, as he believes that he should get what he deserves. He doesn't want to show his face, so he wears a hood sometimes. He has an obvious scar on top of his left eye, which is emerald coloured. He has short brownish hair, which, is seldomly seen under the hood.

History: When he was ten, his mother died. And when he was thirteen, his father passed away. Antonius lives in a small house , only about 500 square feet, because his parents liked saving money, and not using them. But when they died, they left him everything, including a key to a secret safe in the house. When Antonius opened it, he found the safe full of money, enough for him to live comfortably for thirty years. Antonius didn't spend all of it in one go. No. He did what his parents did. He ate cup noodles for lunch and dinner, and didn't even eat any breakfast. One day he found a lonely Riolu, that shares the same fate. It's parents were dead a long time ago. So Antonius brought him home and took care of him. Riolu is very loyal to it's master, and follows him everywhere.

When he was fourteen, he started to hate life. Life was unfair to him. He thinks that god is unfair. Why take away his parent's lives? Why not anyone else? Everyone in school has parents to talk to, to play with, to share their hapiness. And what about him? Enraged by that thought, he quitted school. Then, he started stealing. Just for fun. Most of his raids were successful, but some of them got him into deep trouble, and was almost caught by the Sinnoh police once. At least he had something to do.

"One day you'll be the fastest, and the smartest Lucario out there, Anubis." - Antonius, just before he went to the Veilstone Department store.

But then, it really happened. When he was going through the gems in Veilstone Department Store, he was caught by a security guard. Riolu wanted to help, but Antonius didn't want him to get caught too, and pushed him away before the police came. He spent six months in jail, and had enough of it. He thought up a nasty plot, and broke out with some other teens in jail. Now, he's fifteen. And he has decided to do something meaningful. He wants to leave Sinnoh, and find a new place where he can start over. Then, he finds a place called Karzim, and decides to go there, alone, in search for something to live for. This is the first time he is ever leaving the Sinnoh Region.

He likes speed and agility. Every pokemon of his must have decent speed, or they won't be accepted. When battling he likes to dodge the enemy's attacks, and counters them with a strong blow. He can run pretty quickly and can jump over fences easy. He also likes to be stealthy, so he wears black clothing. That also explains why he likes stealing. He is training Riolu's speed right now, so Riolu can help him when he's needed. He wants to start over now, but will he turn back into the old self when he gets to Karzim? The KLA seems pretty nice, and that's what he needs now - Freedom, and something to live for.

With his trusty Riolu that has a heart of steel like any Lucario, he can do almost anything.

Starter Pokemon: Riolu
    Starter Pokemon name: Anubis, due to it's jackal-like design.
    Starter Pokemon Gender: Male
    Starter Pokemon moveset: Force Palm, Counter, Quick Attack, Double-Team

I think we should wait for more People before starting. More people = More fun (at least that's what I think)

Last edited:

xeyj

Dark Type Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Sands

Name: Xeyj

Origin: 1, Hoenn

Appearance: A bit shorter than most people, has Short-ish jet black hair, One red eye and one Blue (It is possible) and quite pale. Usually wears a black button up shirt with a white jacket with red trim over the top. he also wears black pants and business shoes, or just black sneakers for less forgiving terrain.

History: Xeyj lived in Hoenn for the first 14 year of his life but left after being rejected from Team Magma, for being "too ruthless" and "not caring at all about his opponents Pokemon". Both of his parents died in a car accident when he was 4, after which he got adopted by Sidney, the Elite 4's Dark Trainer. Xeyj gained an affinity for Dark types during the years he spent with Sidney but never gained his upbeat attitude. Xeyj left Sidney's care at the age of 10, when he gained his first Pokemon, an Absol. Which was taken from him when he was rejected from Team Magma. On his way to a ship to a newly discovered region which he won a ticket to in a raffle, he caught a Poochyena, which he decided would be his main Pokemon until he caught another Absol.

Starter Pokemon: Poochyena

Starter Pokemon name: Fang

Starter Pokemon moveset: Tackle, Howl, Shadow Ball (TM, but if it isn't allowed I can get rid of it)

P.S I should be able to be on from 4pm-7/8pm GMT+11 on weekdays and some weekends.
    P.P.S This is my first Pokemon RP, and second RP in total, so forgive me if i make some mistakes.
    P.P.P.S Reposted.

wonderstruck

hi i'm awesome.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Sands

[I've taken some liberties here about some of the Pokemon in the surrounding desert and also the starter's moveset. I hope you don't mind; if you do, I'll change it right away. C:]

SU:

Name: Esperanza "Ranza" Tempeste

Origin: 2

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

History:
    Spoiler:

Starter Pokemon: Trapinch
    Starter Pokemon name: (Couch) Potato
    Starter Pokemon Gender: Female
    Starter Pokemon moveset: Bite, Sand-Attack, Bug Bite (egg move from its Drapion father)

There we go! All done. ^^ Sorry about the lateness. Also, about the egg move—I can omit that if you'd like. I just thought it'd suit a Pokemon like Potato, seeing as she gets to bite someone and steal the berry he/she's holding.

Last edited:

Makbets

Cookie Lover
    Years
  • Ok here's the copy of my SU!

Sands:

Name: Ace
    Origin: 1

Appearance: He has long Black Hair and Dark Blue eyes. He is usually wearing jeans, green T-shirt, gray jacket which is very thin, black trainers and also a red scarf around it's neck. On he's left shoulder is a tattoo of a Legendary Dragon Pokemon. Sometimes he is also wearing a dark sunglasses. He's Height is 5'6 and he's Weight is 150 lbs.

History: Ace born in a Viridian Forest. He was usually playing there with he's friends. When he was 8 he with he's friends saw Time Travel Pokemon. He's mom was killed by a Mysterious Trainer's Darkrai when he was 5 years old. He was living with he's uncle which is a Fire Type Gym Leader (Blaine) and he's father James. (Not from team rocket) Ace met he's Chimchar in the Viridian Forest when he was 12. At he's 14th birthday he wanted to go to the journey with Chimchar, but he's dad didn't allow it, Ace got angry and at that night he runnned off he's house and flyed away to Karzin Region with a flying Pokemon. When he was on he's way to Karzin Region he saw Flame Pokemon flying to the Fire Island. Some people are saying that Ace has a Staraptor.

Starter Pokemon: Chimchar
    Starter Pokemon Name: Inferno
    Starter Pokemon Moveset: Scratch, Leer, Ember and Taunt

Last edited:

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
    Years
  • Just another copy of my original SU:

Sands:

Name: Danny

Origin: 1

Appearance: Danny has tanned skin, and is 5ft 10in with a slender build. He has medium - long wavy blonde hair that covers his right eye. He has bright blue eyes with a button like nose and small pursed lips.

His favourite clothes are Dark blue combat trousers, good for manueverability, Tennis trainers, a high collared t-shirt, to protect his neck from the sun, covered by a light blue hooded jacket, that is thin enough for him not to get to hot, with Go-Goggles around his neck. He also occasionally wears Dark sunglasses to protect his eyes from all the UV rays, but most of the time he doesn't wear them and so he just squints.

History: Lived in Johto up untill he was 11 then moved to the Karzim region to get away from the notorious gang of Team Rocket.

His Parents worked in the Goldenrod TV/Radio station when it was taken over by Team Rocket, Danny was only 3 so he had to go to work with his Mum and Dad. When Team Rocket attacked Danny was taken from the arms of his Mother, who was feeding him at the time, and was taken up to the top floor with the admin. His Father rebelled against this and ended up being beaten half to death. But then a trainer by the name of Gold dfeated all the grunts and then the admin at the Radio tower and they all left leaving you safe. This trainer then became his idol, he watched from the TV screen of his room as he took on the Pokemon League and became the champion.

But after about 4 years, when he was 7, the rockets approached the family because of the incident with Dannys Father and demanded money for things they knew nothing about; things like money for compensation because his father punched some rocket in the face. This didn't go down well with Dannys father, he started shouting at them, demanding they give him money for nearly killing him. The rockets then did the same thing that they did 4 years ago, they beat him, but this time they tied hime up, put him in their van and left. Danny nevwer saw his Dad again.

Danny and his Mum stayed in Johto untill he was 10 waiting for his father to return, in the end they left for Kanto knowing that they were never going to see his father again. They wanted a brand new start, so when they arrived in Viridian City they were so excited when they saw a news board reading "A new region has been discovered! This peaceful region is known as Karzim..." That was all they needed to read, they headed straight to Vermillion City to board a ferry that would take them to this new region.

They lived happily together in the small desert town of Sandune, however it seems wherever they went, trouble followed. When Danny was 15 a news bulletin stated on the TV that "War has broken out in the region Karzim between the KLA and the United Armies..." Were they ever goin to find peace.

Now Danny is 16 and is fed up with all the fighting and so is about to set out on a journey that is to hopefully stop the war and to make peace between the regions of the Pokemon world...

Starter Pokemon: Marill

Starter pokemon name: Bobby

Starters gender: Male

Starters Moveset: Tackle, Tail whip, Water gun

(Note: Bobby will not evolve, he will be a Marill forever)

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    Ladies and gentlemen, your attention please;
    It is my great pleasure to announce that this RP is now open for business! Except not business. Anyway, I'll be posting the first chapter on the IC thread in just a minute. Get posting!

Name: Salim
    Origin: 2
    Appearance:
    Salim has olive-coloured skin and jet black hair, which is kept in a neat, clean cut style almost omnipresent. He has intelligent, harsh greey eyes, the colour of a stormy sky, and they have a hardened, razor-sharp edge to them. His mouth is a few shades darker than his skin, and it is usually in a thin, straight line. He has a small scar across his face from top-left to bottom-right, marring what could easily be called a handsome face.

He is reasonably tall and has a lithe, agile frame, with the appearance of someone who has experience in sneaking around and he moves making barely any noise, looking like a predator ready to pounce. He moves quickly with a strange elegance to his movements, like a serpent sliding through the sand.

He wears a full face veil, leaving only his eyes visible, and this is worn practically at all times, except when people he respects ask him to take it off. He wears a silken shirt underneath a loose, cotton desert robe. he wears a brown leather belt and a brown leather waistcoat. He usually wears silk gloves and socks to protect as much of hsi skin as possible fromt he sun, and he also wears leather shoes.

History:
    Salim was born in Sandune town, where he was also raised in the traditional Karzimmian way of self-respect and respect for all living things, self-defence and survival, showing an aptitude for his way of life, but the United Armies then entered the village making this kind of education illegal, so he was taught in secrecy, setting a spark of hatred for the United Armies in his heart. When he was ten, his family gave shelter to a KLA activist, and it was then he got his first stories of the fear that the United armies had brought to Karzim.

When his parents were arrested for harboring a criminal, Salim fled his home and tried to find the KLA, but they were too elusive for the top agents of the United Armies to find, let alone a small ten year-old boy. His parents were shortly released as a "Gesture of goodwill" to the people of Karzim, and he returned to normal life, although his parents were shocked into fully obeying the United armies. This was when Salim was 14.

He then ventured intot he desert, once more looking for KLA evidence so he could join them, but he found non e. Instead, he found an inquisitive Pokemon- what would become his partner, Saladin, a Shibishirasu, who followed him throughout his excursion, and eventually home. neither he nor his parents had the heart to send it away, so it became a famiyl pet. When he finally turned fifteen, the United Armies government decided that, as he already had a Pokemon he could participate in the league, Salim began preperations to leave Sandune town and begin ont his new League challenge with Saladin- and to prove to the United armies that Karzimmians will not step down.
    Starter Pokemon: Shibishirasu
    Starter Pokemon name: Saladin
    Starter Pokemon moveset: Tackle, Spark, Thunder Wave, Charge Beam

xeyj

Dark Type Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Is the region in the north or south hemisphere?

Years
  • Name: Orpheus Ashgrove
    Origin:1 (Johto, Blackthorn city)
    Appearance: Dark and mysterious- looking. His eyes have a demonic crackle about them. He mostly favours dressing in thecolours black and dark red. Has a deep scar on his cheek. No one knows how it got there, because everyone was too afraid to ask.
    He is about 1.76m, 48 kg and has a medium build. He has jet-black hair and pale skin.
    History: He originally took the dragon fang challenge and suceeded. But the elders refused to accept him because he stubbonly refused to give his charmander away in favour of a dragon-type pokemon. This is somehow linked to the scar on his cheek...
    He moved here alone to get away from the bad memories at Blackthorn.
    Pokemon: Charmander
    Nickname: Obsidio
    Moveset: scratch, ember, smokescreen, dragon claw(ok? I figured since he lived in blackthorn)

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
    Years
  • So whats the thing about cathing a pokemon, do we leave it on a cliffhanger and let you decide or what? I'm a little confused, I left mine on a cliffhanger but everyone else seems to just put the catch in their post.
    Please enlighten me.

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
    Years
  • So whats the thing about cathing a pokemon, do we leave it on a cliffhanger and let you decide or what? I'm a little confused, I left mine on a cliffhanger but everyone else seems to just put the catch in their post.
    Please enlighten me.

i'm also a little confused. Do we have to fight with all those pokemon?

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    Ladies and gentlemen, due to familial reasons, I will have nowhere near enough time to properly observe and keep going on with this roleplay. Therefore I'm afraid that I will no longer be able to be RP master. So if you want to continue playing this RP, then pleas elecet a new RP master from amongst yourselves. I'm terribly sorry, but it's truly unavoidable. I may drop in from time to time, but I won't be able to actively watch over this RP.

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
    Years
  • Hmm... maybe if someone makes a new thread and puts a pole on it with all the members names on it then we vote on who should be the new RP master.
    Or if you can just edit this one to put a poll on it.

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
    Years
  • Yes we could, but, who would run it? It's a good idea nonetheless but we need someone to be the "Game Master".
    I'm going to stick with my plan for doing a vote on the "Game Master" and then start a new thread for us to restart our RPs. (Lucky for me I saved my Posts onto word before I posted them) :P

Back