• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shifting Sands (PG~13)

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    Shifting Sands
    (Pg~13 for violence)
    Prologue:
    In the middle of the desert night, a shadowy figure in robes and a balaclava lands on a city wall, and begins to walk calmly, and carefully begins to walk across it. He takes out a pair of binoculars and sights the target- the general of the Army of Kanto. He puts his binoculars away and takes out a sinper rifle. The general turns, suspecting something. Shrugging, he turns back to his work. The second afterwards, he slumps onto the table, the poison from the Assassin's dart seeping through his body. The Assassin then makes some hand gestures into the night, and a Crobat swoops next to the wall. The Assassin leaps onto it's back and glides away silently into the night.

Story:
    It has been twenty five years since the region of Karzim was discovered, and since then, it has become the centre of international intrigue. The reason for this is the excessive amounts of essential materials- Oil, limestone, gems and gold are all found deep in the desert landscape of central Karzim. So every other region scrambled to form colonies near the precious desert, regardless of people who lived there for years- naturally, this has caused a great amount of strife.

Since being displaced from their homes, many native Karzimians have joined the KLA-the Karzim Liberation Army- in an attempt to expel the foreign invaders from their homeland. They use assassinations, poisoning and bombings to weaken foreign influence in their homes. This has made Karzim the target of the international armies of the strongest regions- with the exception of Unova, who have no interest in Karzim at the moment.

In a somewhat ironic attempt to normalize life in Karzim, Pokemon league officials have established a Karzim Pokemon League, identical to those ofund in other regions, where trainers can begin their journey and gain
    eight badges, then challenge the Elite Four and finally the Champion. This was met with indifference from th KLA, and many of their agents have infiltrated the League in a recruitment attempt. The armies of the world now stand together in an attempt to end the "Terrorist Threat"- terrorists who are only fighting for their freedom.

Important Characters:

The KLA:
    A band of freedom fighters of Karzim, they have networks and hideouts all throughout Karzim, and they have the support of the local populace, where they find many of their recruits. Using fast hit and run tactics, they are determined to give everything to free their homeland, but for this reason, they have been labelled terrorists and criminals by the world.

"Jackal": The leader of the KLA took the codename Jackal to avoid giving his real name to the world. He was responsible for the killing of the leader of Sinnoh's army, and has orchestrated the deaths of many more officials. He is at heart a kind and gentle person, which, of course, conflicts with his proffession. Many recruits see him as a surrogate father, and the people see him as a hero, whilst the United Armies see him as a criminal mastermind.

"Scorpion"- Like his namesake, Scorpion is a deadly fast assassin and has an absolutely vile attitude towards any non-Karzimmians, whilst a brotherly affection to fellow members of the KLA, and a guardian-like stance on the people of Karzim who have been displaced. He is regarded as a world criminal, and next to Jackal, he is the most wanted man in the world.

The United Armies: Given stewardship of the defence of the Free World, and of course, the people of Karzim from the KLA, the United Armies take their duties very seriously, and see the KLA as a major obstacle in the region of Karzim's advancement into a modernized region like the Four Regions. They are determined to wipe out the threat, and resume life in karzim to normal, at least, for the colonists from far away lands.

General D. Howitzer: The leader of the United Armies and a hero of the free world, he has a grass-roots, pull-up-your-sleeves-and-dig-in-deep style which has won the hearts of the people of the world. He has a feircely protective attitude of colonists and his soldiers, but not much of an opinion of the KLA or Karzimmian natives. He is a prime target of the KLA, and he knows it, and faces it with his head held high.

Luciana Kabel: The Intelligence officer of the United Armies and an extremely pretty young woman, Luciana is utterly merciless and has been accused of orchestrating war-crimes against the KLA, but her status and Howitzer's personal friendship with her have secured her "innocence". One of the most controversial characters in the war, she is cunning, cruel and vindictive- and very, very dangerous.

You:
    You are either:
    1. A person from either Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh, who came to the Karzim regionw with your family- or by yourself- and decided to begin your Pokemon journey here. You've heard of the KLA's activities within the land, but your opinions are your own, and you walk down the road you want to walk down.

2. You are a native Karzimmian who was fortunate enough to be allowed a Pokemon byt he local Government. You may or may not support the KLA, but you know that they want recruits and hope to free the country- but as for yourself, that's for you to decide.

Both origins start in the tiny desert town of Sandune. You will have the oppurtunity to join either the United Armies or the KLA after the first Gym Battle.

SU:
    Name: The name of your character.
    Origin: 1 0r 2, see above.
    Appearance: What does your character look like? At least one decent paragraph minimum.
    History: What has happened to your character in the past? Again, one decent paragraph minimum.
    Starter Pokemon: Any Gen I-V first stage Pokemon that can evolve at least once.
    Starter Pokemon name: Duh.
    Starter Pokemon Gender: Again, duh.
    Starter Pokemon moveset: Has to be able to be learned by the Pokemon before level 10.

Play:
    This will be a chaptered RP. You will be going separately to the other RPers, and you will have a general direction. As this is a new region that is relatively unexplored, you will have the oppurtunity to sculpt the route you go down. Rocky or Desert? Plains or Hills? Fertile or barren? You will have to keep it realistic, however.
    Rules:
    1. All Standard Pokecommunity rules apply, of course.
    2. No Bunnying without permission.
    3. Violence, mild romance and MINOR bad language will be allowed, but keep it civil, ladies and gents.
    4. Be realistic. You can't win every battle, and not everything will go perfectly.
    5. In your SU, put the word "Sands" before anything else so I know you've read through the rules, and hopefully everything else.
    6.Have fun!

Now, it's been a long read, so you can finally post your SU if you wish, and I look forward to RPing with you!

Notice: The OOC thread has been posted and is awaiting moderation. Please look for it before posting your SU here- if it's not there, then post it here, but if it is, then post it there.

Last edited:

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
    Years
  • Sands:

Name: Danny

Origin: 1

Appearance: Danny has tanned skin, and is 5ft 10in with a slender build. He has medium - long wavy blonde hair that covers his right eye. He has bright blue eyes with a button like nose and small pursed lips.

His favourite clothes are Dark blue combat trousers, good for manueverability, Tennis trainers, a high collared t-shirt, to protect his neck from the sun, covered by a light blue hooded jacket, that is thin enough for him not to get to hot, with Go-Goggles around his neck. He also occasionally wears Dark sunglasses to protect his eyes from all the UV rays, but most of the time he doesn't wear them and so he just squints.

History: Lived in Johto up untill he was 11 then moved to the Karzim region to get away from the notorious gang of Team Rocket.

His Parents worked in the Goldenrod TV/Radio station when it was taken over by Team Rocket, Danny was only 3 so he had to go to work with his Mum and Dad. When Team Rocket attacked Danny was taken from the arms of his Mother, who was feeding him at the time, and was taken up to the top floor with the admin. His Father rebelled against this and ended up being beaten half to death. But then a trainer by the name of Gold dfeated all the grunts and then the admin at the Radio tower and they all left leaving you safe. This trainer then became his idol, he watched from the TV screen of his room as he took on the Pokemon League and became the champion.

But after about 4 years, when he was 7, the rockets approached the family because of the incident with Dannys Father and demanded money for things they knew nothing about; things like money for compensation because his father punched some rocket in the face. This didn't go down well with Dannys father, he started shouting at them, demanding they give him money for nearly killing him. The rockets then did the same thing that they did 4 years ago, they beat him, but this time they tied hime up, put him in their van and left. Danny nevwer saw his Dad again.

Danny and his Mum stayed in Johto untill he was 10 waiting for his father to return, in the end they left for Kanto knowing that they were never going to see his father again. They wanted a brand new start, so when they arrived in Viridian City they were so excited when they saw a news board reading "A new region has been discovered! This peaceful region is known as Karzim..." That was all they needed to read, they headed straight to Vermillion City to board a ferry that would take them to this new region.

They lived happily together in the small desert town of Sandune, however it seems wherever they went, trouble followed. When Danny was 15 a news bulletin stated on the TV that "War has broken out in the region Karzim between the KLA and the United Armies..." Were they ever goin to find peace.

Now Danny is 16 and is fed up with all the fighting and so is about to set out on a journey that is to hopefully stop the war and to make peace between the regions of the Pokemon world...

Starter Pokemon: Marill

Starter pokemon name: Bobby

Starters gender: Male

Starters Moveset: Tackle, Tail whip, Water gun

(Note: Bobby will not evolve, he will be a Marill forever)

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    Pulpitar1: I like it. Everything's all good and well, so you are accepted!

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
    Years
  • Thank you, I cannot wait to get started. (This is my first RP of a Pokemon game)

Also are you going to set up an OOC, and how many people are going to be accepted untill we start?

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Name: Daniel.
    Origin: One.
    Appearance: Daniel is your average teenage boy in stature, relatively tall, skinny and hair that is quite long. He has eyes that shine like sapphire's. He usually wears a black long sleeved t-shirt with a red jacket worn over it. He wears a blue hat and also a pair of blue jeans along with a pair of red nike trainers.

History: Daniel was born to parents Glacia (Hoenn Elite 4) & Archie (Aqua leader). After he was born his father created Team Aqua. Fearing for her child's future, Glacia put Daniel up for adoption. Daniel was adopted by Rui's (Pokemon Colosseum) grandparents. This led to Daniel growing up in Agate Village, Orre. He travelled around Orre upon obtaining a Pichu, the offspring of Eagun's Pikachu, from his ather in law. However upon it being stolen by a member of Cipher, Daniel fled to Karzim to begin his adventure with his recently hatched Spheal which he obtained in the post from an unknown sender.

Starter Pokemon: Spheal.
    Starter Pokemon name: Wanda.
    Starter Pokemon Gender: Female.
    Starter Pokemon moveset: Defence Curl, Powder Snow, Water Gun, Encore.

Makbets

Cookie Lover
    Years
  • Sands:

Name: Ace
    Origin: 1

Appearance: He has long Black Hair and Dark Blue eyes. He is usually wearing jeans, green T-shirt, gray jacket which is very thin, black trainers and also a red scarf around it's neck. On he's left shoulder is a tattoo of a Legendary Dragon Pokemon. Sometimes he is also wearing a dark sunglasses. He's Height is 5'6 and he's Weight is 150 lbs.

History: Ace born in a Viridian Forest. He was usually playing there with he's friends. When he was 8 he with he's friends saw Time Travel Pokemon. He's mom was killed by a Mysterious Trainer's Darkrai when he was 5 years old. He was living with he's uncle which is a Fire Type Gym Leader (Blaine) and he's father James. (Not from team rocket) Ace met he's Chimchar in the Viridian Forest when he was 12. At he's 14th birthday he wanted to go to the journey with Chimchar, but he's dad didn't allow it, Ace got angry and at that night he runnned off he's house and flyed away to Karzin Region with a flying Pokemon. When he was on he's way to Karzin Region he saw Flame Pokemon flying to the Fire Island. Some people are saying that Ace has a Staraptor.

Starter Pokemon: Chimchar
    Starter Pokemon Name: Inferno
    Starter Pokemon Gender: Male
    Starter Pokemon Moveset: Scratch, Leer, Ember and Taunt

Last edited:

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    @Pulpitar: I do intend to set up an OOC, then I'll redirect all SUs to there, and I'm thinking maybe five or six.

@TurkishDelight: I love your name, by the by, and I quite like your SU. Your appearance could do with maybe a bit of fleshing out, However. But, you obviously haven't read through the entirety of the first post, and I suggest you do so immediately, and I'm afraid Pulpitar1 has a character named danny, which is short for Daniel in most cases, so if you would please change that. You are pending.

@Makbets: I'm getting a strong sense that you looked at TurkishDelight's SU and essentially changed the name of a few characters and made a couple of minor differences, plus your grammar could do with improving and your Appearance isn't anywhere near detailed enough, and you haven't read through the entirety of the first post. You are pending.

You each have 24 hours on my computer's clock, if you fail to edit your posts, then you'll be declined.

Last edited:

xeyj

Dark Type Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Sands

Name: Xeyj

Origin: 1, Hoenn

Appearance: A bit shorter than most people, has Short-ish jet black hair, One red eye and one Blue (It is possible) and quite pale. Usually wears a black button up shirt with a white jacket with red trim over the top. he also wears black pants and business shoes, or just black sneakers for less forgiving terrain.

History: Xeyj lived in Hoenn for the first 14 year of his life but left after being rejected from Team Magma, for being "too ruthless" and "not caring at all about his opponents Pokemon".
    Both of his parents died in a car accident when he was 4, after which he got adopted by Sidney, the Elite 4's Dark Trainer. Xeyj gained an affinity for Dark types during the years he spent with Sidney but never gained his upbeat attitude. Xeyj left Sidney's care at the age of 10, when he gained his first Pokemon, an Absol. Which was taken from him when he was rejected from Team Magma. On his way to a ship to a newly discovered region which he won a ticket to in a raffle, he caught a Poochyena, which he decided would be his main Pokemon until he caught another Absol.

Starter Pokemon: Poochyena

Starter Pokemon name: Fang

Starter Pokemon moveset:
    Tackle, Howl, Shadow Ball (TM, but if it isn't allowed I can get rid of it)

P.S I should be able to be on from 4pm-7/8pm GMT+11 on weekdays and some weekends.
    P.P.S This is my first Pokemon RP, and second RP in total, so forgive me if i make some mistakes.

Last edited:

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    @xeyj: What the heck, I'm in a good mood, of course you can have Shadow Ball. I'd like you to flesh out the appearance section a bit, but otherwise, you're accepted.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Oh. My bad. Change it to Tommy then if that's alright. Considering that I'm half Turkish I thought it would be suitable. Editing the looks now...

Actually, I'm going to redo my entire SU.

Name:
    Thomas (Prefers Tommy)
    Origin:
    Appearance:
    Tommy is a short male. He is very skinny and has emerald-like eyes. He has a narrow face and a round jaw. His hair is slicked downwards and an abyss-like black. He can usually be seen wearing a blue hooded jumper, which is worn over a black t-shirt. Covering his legs are usually a pair of grey tracksuit bottoms. He wears a pair of Nike Hi-tops on his feet. The accessories he uses include a belt to hold his pokeballs, a pair of grey fingerless gloves and a scarf similar to the one Diamond wears, except it is grey instead of red/yellow.
    History:
    Thomas was born in Sootopolis city in the Hoenn region but both of his parents were of Johtonian (don't know what to call people from Johto) descent. When he was seven years old, his family moved back to Johto. They bought a house in Violet city due to the pokemon trainer school being there. Tommy enjoyed his studies and passed his final exams with flying colours. He was offered a Cyndaquil soon after by professor Elm. He gratefully excepted and the professor informed him of a previously unheard of region called Karzim and how it would be a great choice for his first region to travel. Thomas' parents then let Tommy go to Karzim so that he could gain experience before competing in the Johto GYm Circuit.
    [Let me know if it needs expanding]
    Starter Pokemon:
    Cyndaquil.
    Starter Pokemon name:
    Flare.
    Starter Pokemon Gender:
    Female.
    Starter Pokemon moveset:
    Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen, Ember.

Last edited:

xeyj

Dark Type Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Fleshed out the appearance a little.

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
    Years
  • sands

Name: Antonius Martinez
    Origin: 1 (Sinnoh, Eterna City)

Appearance: Antonius doesn't want much attention, therefore he wears dark coloured clothing. He wears black sports with grey stripes, a grey T-shirt and a dark blue jacket pretty often. He has a black-and-white Yin Yang lecknace, as he believes that he should get what he deserves. He doesn't want to show his face, so he wears a hood sometimes. He has an obvious scar on top of his left eye, which is emerald coloured. He has short brownish hair, which, is seldomly seen under the hood.

History: When he was ten, his mother died. And when he was thirteen, his father passed away. Antonius lives in a small house , only about 500 square feet, because his parents liked saving money, and not using them. But when they died, they left him everything, including a key to a secret safe in the house. When Antonius opened it, he found the safe full of money, enough for him to live comfortably for thirty years. Antonius didn't spend all of it in one go. No. He did what his parents did. He ate cup noodles for lunch and dinner, and didn't even eat any breakfast. One day he found a lonely Riolu, that shares the same fate. It's parents were dead a long time ago. So Antonius brought him home and took care of him. Riolu is very loyal to it's master, and follows him everywhere.

When he was fourteen, he started to hate life. Life was unfair to him. He thinks that god is unfair. Why take away his parent's lives? Why not anyone else? Everyone in school has parents to talk to, to play with, to share their hapiness. And what about him? Enraged by that thought, he quitted school. Then, he started stealing. Just for fun. Most of his raids were successful, but some of them got him into deep trouble, and was almost caught by the Sinnoh police once. At least he had something to do.

"One day you'll be the fastest, and the smartest Lucario out there, Anubis." - Antonius, just before he went to the Veilstone Department store.

But then, it really happened. When he was going through the gems in Veilstone Department Store, he was caught by a security guard. Riolu wanted to help, but Antonius didn't want him to get caught too, and pushed him away before the police came. He spent six months in jail, and had enough of it. He thought up a nasty plot, and broke out with some other teens in jail. Now, he's fifteen. And he has decided to do something meaningful. He wants to leave Sinnoh, and find a new place where he can start over. Then, he finds a place called Karzim, and decides to go there, alone, in search for something to live for. This is the first time he is ever leaving the Sinnoh Region.

He likes speed and agility. Every pokemon of his must have decent speed, or they won't be accepted. When battling he likes to dodge the enemy's attacks, and counters them with a strong blow. He can run pretty quickly and can jump over fences easy. He also likes to be stealthy, so he wears black clothing. That also explains why he likes stealing. He is training Riolu's speed right now, so Riolu can help him when he's needed. He wants to start over now, but will he turn back into the old self when he gets to Karzim? The KLA seems pretty nice, and that's what he needs now - Freedom, and something to live for.

With his trusty Riolu that has a heart of steel like any Lucario, he can do almost anything.

Starter Pokemon: Riolu
    Starter Pokemon name: Anubis, due to it's jackal-like design.
    Starter Pokemon moveset: Force Palm, Counter, Quick Attack, Double-Team

Last edited:

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    How lovely of you all to give me a nice big pile of reading first thing on a rainy English morning.

I joke, of course

@AuraLucario- Jolly good show, we can't have an RP full of people who've lead sheltered lives, and everything's very descriptive. You're accepted.

@Turkish Delight- Nice and simple with a little touch of originality. You're accepted.

@Xeyj- Thanks very much, I accepted you yesterday, but nevertheless, I'll do it again! You're accepted.

@Makbets- Well, you've changed it, which is a start, and it's really quite a nice day, so I'll accept you, even though the appearance part is a little short.

Okay! Now all we need are Wonderstruck's SU and mine, and we can start, so if everyone would be ready to make their first post some time tomorrow, that owuld be grand. If you have the time, can you also re-post your SU on the OOC thread? Thanks. And for the sake of not seeming like a stingy git, I'll forget the Sands thing.

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
    Years
  • Should we wait for more people to Sign-up?

More people = More fun (at least that's what I think)

Shouldn't we wait for more people to Sign-Up?

More people = more fun (at least that's what I think)

Last edited:

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    In contrast, more people = more things to eremember, more people to monitor, and longer to wait. If someone really wants to join afterwards, then I may let them, if their SU is good enough.

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    I declare this RP Open for Business! As of this point, any and all OOC inquiries and statements must be sent to the OOC thread. Anything else will be severely frowned upon. Now, we begin!

Please take note that it's probably a good thing for you to make several posts per chapter, to really add detail to each one.

Chapter 1- A Desert Blooms
    Your character is leaving Sandune town and heading to the nearest city, Jerisso, which is a United Armies settlement, where your character will be able to get a Pokedex and a trainer's license. Your adventure begins when you receive
    5 Pokeballs, delivered by post to you from the Government. In order to capture a Pokemon, you must make your battle with it realistic, descriptive and fitting for the Pokemon. Assuming it is a Rattata, then it won't need to be very long, btu were it for a legendary Pokemon, I'd expect a very, very long battle and proccess of capture. This varies from level 1-5, with level one being an easy capture, and 5 being a very difficult capture.
    Pokemon:
    Rattata(1), Sandshrew(2), Cacnea(1), Sandile,(2) Baltoy(2), Purrloin (3)

Now then, it is an honour to post the first part of the Shifting Sands RPG.
    -
    Salim stepped out onto the desert plain, with Saladin floating at his side, and he quinted. Even with his veil on, he had trouble looking through the rays of the heavy, boiling hot desert sun. he saw atruck pull up and about six men holding parcels walking to different houses including his own. The person held out the parcel, like it was a bomb, and gave Salim an uneasy smile. "well then, you should know that Jerisso is the nearest city. There's a Pokemon Center there, and... Well, the rest is obvious."
    "Is there a gym there?" Salim asked. The man gave him a look of amusement, and grinned. "No, lad, there isn't. You'll get directions to it when you get to the Pokemon Center."
    "Oh. Well, thank you very much."
    "Yes. And good luck out there. If you see any KLA presence, then get to the nearest settlement and report it to the authorities."
    "Will do."
    "Ok. Uh... Bye, then." he walked back to the van and clambered inside while the other men did the same, and it drove off at breakneck speeds. Salim looked around- the other trainers-to-be were getting ready to leave. He picked up the parcel and grimaced. He forgot to get a bag- so he'd have to get one at Jerisso. He decided to keep the pokeballs in the parcel, and he looked to the nearest path, and stepped down the road to his destiny.

Saladin started producing Static Electricity at sucha rate that it made Salim's hair stand on end- as he did when he was nervous. He patted Saladin on the side and whispered soothingly to him, but Saladin still remained tense. And soon Salim realised why. A Rattata leaped out from a clump of desert scrub and hissed at the pair. Salim was startled but still managed to regain some composure. "Quickly, Saladin! Use Spark!" The little Eel Pokemon swam through air to smash directly between the eyes of the Rattatta, who squeaked in anger and pain, being knocked back several paces. It stood back up and glared at Saladin, who gave back a steely glare. "Ok, Saladin, take it carefully. Thunderwave!" Saladin released the Statuc energy he;d been building up, practically freezing the Rattata into place. "Alright, now finish it with-" Salim had a thought before he could finish. What if he captured it? It wasn't strong, but it could make a good spy, and perhaps a good partner. "Wait, Saladin." Salim picked a Pokeball out of the parcel and exmained it. "So... You just throw it? Is there an instruction manual?"
    Saladin shrugged his fins. Salim shrugged himself and threw it at the Rattata, albeit a bit too hard, as it smacked the poor thing square in the face, but then opened and engulfed the rat Pokemon in a red light. It vibrated once, then twice... And then it was still. Salim walked over and picked it up, and held it high, examining it.

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
    Years
  • So it was the morning of the day where Danny was about to set off on his adventure to stop the violence and make peace in the region of Karzim...

He woke to the sound of his Marill, Bobby, bouncing on his bed and hitting the floor of his room. "What are you doing? Silly thing" Danny laughed groggily. He didn't get much sleep last night; he was worried about this, nervous in fact.

So he got up out of bed, put on his favourite clothes and wandered over to his Mums room, "Mum!?" there was no reply, "Mum!?" Danny shouted with a little confusion in his voice. He took a wander downstairs and walked into the kitchen to find his Mother crying, on the dining table. "Mum? What's the matter? Are you alright?" Danny asked.

"Yes honey I'm fine, but I'm worried about you, will you be safe?" His mother replied with a sob.

"Sure I'll be fine, don't worry about me" He said confidently, but he wasn't confident at all in fact he was cacking himself. Then he noticed something that his Mum was holding, it was a picture of the whole family together after the incident at Goldenrod radio tower. "Why are you holding that mum?"

"I've already lost your father, I don't want to lose you as well. Then I'll have nothing" his mother said.

"Listen mum, I've got Bobby what can go wrong? Plus I'm even taking my lucky goggles..." He went to put his hand on his goggles, but they weren't there. "Damn, where are they?" His face went white on the thought of not having his goggles, how was he going to make it through the desert without them? His Mum put the photo to one side, got up and gave him a big hug.

"Ok, you've made me feel better now I'll make you feel better. How about a bacon sandwich for breakfast then? His mum asked.

"Sure, while you're making it I'll go find my goggles. He walked upstairs to his room and practically stripped his room looking for his damn goggles. He was starting to panic a bit when he couldn't find them anywhere. Then his mum called from downstairs that his sandwich was ready and that she had even made one for Bobby. "Wow, aren't you spoilt..." he said turning towards his Marill who was lying on his bed. "Bobby!" Danny shouted, he just realised that Bobby was wearing his goggles, "Looking for these things was driving me nuts" he said as he snatched them away from his Pokemon. But he could not help but see the funny side to this, "At least they weren't lost for good" He chuckled as him and his Marill walked downstairs.

"Here you go honey" said his mother as she handed him a plate with too sandwiches on. "Hope they're alright"

"Om, Nom, Yeah they're great, Om, Nom" Danny said with his mouth half full. Then something dawned on him, he needed to fill the backpack that he readied last night with food, for himself and for Bobby. "Mum can you pack some extra food into the bag for me and Bobby? I don't know how long it will take me to get to the next town, so it's best to be on the safe side."

"Yes, alright, but I'll only pack a few extra packets of crisps and 3 more cans of Pokemon food. Don't want you pigging out now do we." She said as she placed the crisps and tins inside his bag that was placed to the side.

Danny finished eating and so picked up his bag and sat in the living room watching a bit of morning TV while he waited for Bobby to finish his food. "Rill, Marill" Bobby said as he finished his sandwich.

"They were good weren't they" Danny said as he stood up and walked back into the kitchen where he said goodbye to his Mum. Then for one last check he dashed upstairs and scanned his room for anything that he had missed. He spotted it, on his window sill there was 5 Pokeballs arrived last night in the post. Thank god I didn't forget these. He picked up the balls and left the room.

He was standing at the door taking deep breaths to calm his nerves, he was just starring at the front door as if he was waiting for it to open for him. "Rill?" Bobby asked questioningly. This snapped him out of his stare off with the door. "Bye Mum, keep safe."

"Bye Honey, stay out of trouble wont you" Shouted his mother as she dashed to his side and gave him a hug. "If you ever need to talk, just ring me"

"With what, I haven't got a phone?"

"You do know "She said as she pulled a brand new phone out from behind her back.

"Aww thanks Mum, Now got to go, bye." And with that he opened the door and left with Bobby on his shoulder. He turned as he passed through his gate and saw his mother waving, so he waved back.

"We're on our own now Bobby, and we're not turning back." He said as he turned away from his mother.

"Ma-rill"...

xeyj

Dark Type Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Xeyj walked silently throughout the town of Sandune looking for anything resembling a Pokemon Centre, after about ten minutes he found it and got Fang healed up for the trek to the next town, Jerisso, where he would receive a Pokedex and a Trainers license, so he could officially begin his journey. He was about to leave the town when it occurred to him that he didn't have a map or any pokeballs, which would be necessary if he wanted to succeed in his adventure. Xeyj also got a pair of goggles so he could make it through the desert without going blind, he got a practical pair with built in shade filters so he could see clearly, he also got a pair for Fang, he got both pairs on sale for only 1000pke each.

After Xeyj left the store he found the exit that went towards Jerisso. He asked Fang to try to sniff out any nearby potential Dark types, so Fang walked off in one direction with his nose to the ground. After a minute or so he came running back, and led Xeyj to a cactus. "Really... a cactus..." Xeyj groaned.
    Fang growled at the cactus and it suddenly jumped out of the ground. "Cacnea"! it yelled.

"Fang, use Tackle"! Xeyj commanded.
    Fang jumped towards the Cacnea but it nimbly jumped out of the way.
    The Cacnea shot a few of its spines out towards Fang.
    "Fang use Shadow Ball"
    Fang shot a ball of ghostly energy towards the spines and it easily took them out and hit the Cacnea.
    "That should be enough", said Xeyj as he took a pokeball out of his bag and threw it at the cactus pokemon. He waited patiently as the ball rocked from side to side until it stopped with a satisfactory click. "I wonder what moves my first Karzimmian pokemon knows"? Xeyj asked to no-one in particular. "Guess I'll have to wait and see".

Back