• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shifting Sands (PG~13)

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
Years
  • The desert was cold at night. It was 8 o' clock P.M, and the doorbell rang.

"Yes?" Antonius opened the door, and saw a man, holding a strange parcel in his hands.

"I came here this afternoon, but you weren't there." the man shoved the parcel into Antonius's hands, "There you go."

"Yeah, I was training with my Riolu at that time." Antonius explained, and a blue bipedal pokemon appeared behind him, "There he is now. About the parcel, do I have to sign anything?"

"No signing is required." the man gave him a friendly smile, "The nearest city is Jerisso, a United Armies settlement, so if you see anyone that shouldn't be there, like the KLA, tell them immediately."

"So what will I do when I get there?"

The man snickered, "You love asking questions, don't you? You'll know what to do when you get there. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some other things to attend to." he nodded and turned around.

Antonius opened the parcel slowly and frowned. Five pokeballs. He went back into his small house with the pokeballs and stuffed them into an old rucksack, together with a stack of money and some food.

"Well, Anubis," Antonius said as he walked towards the main door, "Let's go before the sun rises - it'll be too hot."

Anubis nodded and hopped onto Antonius's shoulders.

I can hold a Riolu like that, but if he turns into a Lucario I'm throwing him off my shoulders. Antonius rolled his eyes.

The full moon looked bigger that night, and Antonius hoped there weren't any wolves nearby. The coldness made him uncomfortable, but the heat in the afternoon could do much worse than that. Suddenly Anubis hopped off Antonius's shoulder and looked around alertly.

"Found something?" Antonius asked, but Anubis closed his eyes and ignored his master's question. Then he pointed at a fern ten meters away from them. The creature knew he was discovered, and leaped out of the fern, ready to defend itself. It was a purple mouse, a Rattatta. Anubis wanted to fight, but Antonius held him back.

"Not yet, Anubis." Antonius whispered, "Remember what I taught you. Counter-attack."

Anubis took a deep breath and nodded obediently. Before Antonius could talk again the Rattatta sprang towards Anubis. Anubis wasn't ready and couldn't evade the quick attack. He flinched and fell onto the ground, but recovered quickly and stood up again. Rattatta thought the enemy was weak and tried his quick attack again, with double the power, trying to take Anubis down as quick as possible.

"Anubis, Counter!" Antonius commanded and the Riolu did a backflip, dodging the attack and returned a stronger attack to the Rattatta. The Rattatta didn't expect that and was knocked back a serveral meters. It was stunned and couldn't move.

Antonius quickly pulled out a new pokeball, "Okay how do you do this?"

Anubis stared at him blankly.

"Oh well, here goes." Antonius rolled the pokeball towards the Rattatta like it was a bowling ball, and he was almost sure that Anubis rolled his eyes. He would take care of that matter later. The ball sucked the pokemon in, and it vibrated violently. Once. Twice.

"Come on..." Antonius urged.

Then it didn't vibrate anymore.

Antonius scooped up the pokeball and placed it into his bag once again, "Nice job, Anubis. But next time don't roll your eyes like that. This is our first catch, you know."

Anubis beamed proudly and hopped onto Antonius's shoulder again.

"Oh, great."

Makbets

Cookie Lover
    Years
  • Today is the day when Ace will start he's new journey with his friends Chimchar and Staraptor.

Ace was still flying from the Viridian City to the Karzim Region, but then he notice a land.
    "It looks like were finally here, right Inferno?" Ace asks.
    "Chimp-Chimchar!!!" Inferno nods.
    When Staraptor is about to land Ace notices a Pokemon that's about to use Thunder attack to him.
    Ace starts to shiver. Wild Emonga hits Staraptor using Thunder. Staraptor is wounded.

"Hang on Staraptor, Inferno use Ember on Emolga." Ace commanded. Inferno opens its mouth and shoots bolts of fire at the Emolga from its mouth.

"Okay then Pokeball go!" Ace throws a rock to Emolga and makes it faint.
    "Oh right...I forgot that I don't have any Pokeballs with me." Ace is disspointed. Staraptor slowly flies down to the land because of direct Thunder attack. Staraptor lands to the ground and faints.

"Staraptor, return.." Ace recalls Staraptor and is looking for a Pokemon Center. He notice a sign where's writen "Sandune Town." He gets to the Pokemon Center. He gives Nurse he's Staraptor and she starts to heal him.

1 hour later

"Your Pokemon is healed, by the way..your the trainer named Ace?" Nurse asks. Ace nods.

"Ok then, I should give you this." She gives him 5 PokeBalls, goggles and a letter.
    "A letter?" Ace reads a letter.
    "Ace, I know that your now at the Karzin region so I give you Pokeballs and goggles. I hope that you and Inferno will be okay. Dad. Ace smiles and leaves Pokemon Center.

"I quess that our adventure is starting here Inferno." Ace smiles.
    "Chimchar!" Inferno jumps on Ace's head. Ace and Inferno gets out of Sandune town and notice a Purrloin eating a apple.

"Okay Inferno! Here's our chance, use Scratch on Purrloin!" Chimchar jumps and is about to scratch it's opponent. Purrloin quickly notices and dodges attack. Purloin turns around and kicks dirt at the opponent with its back legs.
    "Chimp...char..." Inferno can't see anything.
    "Argh that's Sand Attack...." Ace is thinking about what should he do now. Purrloin uses Sand Attack again.
    "Oh! I know, Inferno quick! Use Taunt." Chimchar taunts it's opponent. Purloin is taunted and is about to use Scratch attack.
    "Inferno use Ember attack!" Inferno opens its mouth and shoots bolts of fire at the opponent from its mouth. Purrloin is wounded.
    "Ok then! Pokeball go!" Ace throws a Pokeball to Purrloin. Purrloin gets into a Pokeball. It vibrates once, twice and Purloin is captured.

"Awesome! I captured a Purloin!" Ace shouts.
    "Chim-Chim-Chimchar!" Inferno dances and jumps on Ace's shoulder.

"Purloin, I hope that we will become a good friends." Ace smiles and starts going to the nearest city with he's best buddy Inferno and he's newest Pokemon Purrloin.

Last edited:

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
    Years
  • Danny and Bobby had started their adventure to end the violence and make peace between the warring nations. They're on their way to Jerisso City when they get jumped by an unexpected visitor...

Before they left town Danny and Bobby had to make a quick stop at the local PokeMart to pick up a few potions, they arrived and he asked the shopkeeper how much the potions were. The shopkeeper told him that they were 200pk each. That isn't that much; I think I'll get 3. He packed his purchases in his backpack and left towards the edge of town. It wasn't much of a walk, maybe 2, 3 minutes tops but it felt like a millennia for Danny. This will be his first time away from home for longer than a few days. He didn't have many friends , the only friends he had in this region were Bobby and a boy named Sam, but he moved away when the war started.

They arrived at the edge of town, where they took one last look at the town before turning to leave. At least they would have left if it wasn't for someone saying:

"Excuse me" the mystery man said, walking up to them from behind one of the houses.

"Yes?" Danny replied, a little confused.

"You're Danny right? I'm the guy who delivered the pokeballs to you last night, the names Dylan."

"Nice to meet you Dylan, but why'd you stop me?

"Well I'm a little worried for you, not many people go on these sorts of adventures like they do in the other regions, and I wanted to make sure you knew what you were doing." Dylan replied. "When you get to Jerisso head to the Pokemon centre, there you will get given a Pokedex and a Trainers License."

"Ok, thanks for that Dylan. I think I'll be fine from here on out though." And with that Danny started walking out into the desert. They hadn't been walking for very long, when all of a sudden Bobby jumped down off of Danny's shoulder and began growling. "What's the matter?" But it didn't take him long to find out. A Rattata jumped out of the bushes and tackled Bobby to the ground. But Bobby got straight back up again.

"Quick, use Water Gun!" It looked like a good shot but the Rattata dodged it with ease. "Damn, ok now use Tail Whip!" This seemed to work, the foe didn't know what to do, it just stood and watched. "Good, now that you're close enough use Tackle attack!" Bobby smashed straight into the Rattata and sent it flying; it landed next to a bush and quickly dashed into it.

"What, it ran? I could have caught that; it would have been a good addition because of its speed. Oh well, come on Bob let's keep moving."

They must have been walking for at least 5 minutes since the battle with the Rattata, and Bobby was asleep on Danny's shoulder. I wonder how long it is until we reach Jerisso, it better not be far because I think Bobby is tired after that battle. He had spotted quite a few Pokemon so far, he had spotted; a bunch of Cacnea, and Baltoy hanging Oasis, and on one of the rocks surrounding the Oasis he had spotted a Purrloin. But nothing prepared him for what was to come next. He was rounding one of the large rocks when out of the corner of his eye he saw movement, so he spun round, knocking Bobby off of his shoulder in the process. Bobby squealed when he hit the floor. Then he saw it again, and again spun round. "Rill?" Bobby said. When a large sand mouse appeared and quickly ran past Bobby, and in the process scratching him. "Darn, quick use water gun!"

"Rill, rill, mariiiiiil!" shouted Bobby as attempted to spray the opponent with water, but he had moved. "Mariiiiil!" He tried again, and again, and again, but every time he missed. He was beginning to grow tired with all this spraying. Then the opponent scratched again, and then darted away. The opponent was too fast for Bobby.

"Right, Bobby stop spraying, then when it comes close tackle it!" So Bobby stopped spraying, and waited. The foe was darting side to side, as if he was trying to taunt Bobby, but he just stood his ground. Eventually the foe got bored, and charged forwards, Bobby tried a tackle, they both hit each other full on. Bobby flew back into Danny's arms, and the foe just stood there. Damn he's strong; I should try catching this one. He saw that Bobby was injured so quickly got out a potion and sprayed him with it. "Now get back out there and show him whose boss!" Danny shouted. "Wait for him to come close then use your tail to trip it then use water gun when it's on the floor!" Straight after that the opponent charged Bobby, he then side-stepped and stuck its tail to the side. The foe tripped and face planted, Bobby then doused it with water gun. Ok it looks weak enough now, how do I do this? Danny went into his bag and grabbed one of the pokeballs and threw it at the weak Sandshrew. It shook once. C'mon this has to work. It shook for the second time. Danny shut his eyes and prayed...

(Venomire, you decide whether I catch the Sandshrew or not.)

Makbets

Cookie Lover
    Years
  • Continuing their journey Ace and Inferno are on their way to the Jerisso City.

Ace and Inferno are getting tired because their walking for a long time. Ace thinks that he got lost. Suddenly Inferno falls asleep. He takes Inferno on he's shoulder and he continues going. Few hours later Ace notice that 4 trainers are training with their Pokemon. He runs straight to them to battle.

"Hey, what about a battle?" Ace asks.

"You want to challenge everyone of us? And you think that you can win?" Everyone starts to laught.

"Well I can defeat all of you with my eyes closed!" Ace smiles.

"Hmph...Okay then we will challenge you!" Baltoy Trainer is getting mad.

"We will win!" Cacnea Trainer shouts.

"You will lose!" Rattata Trainer Smiles.

"My Sandshrew will defeat your Chimchar easily!" Sandshrew trainer shouts.

"Hmm...Purrloin stand by for battle!" Ace calls Purrloin to battle.

"Okay then let's get this started. Inferno use Ember on Sandshrew, Purrloin use scratch on Rattata."
    Purrloin scratches Rattata with its claws. Inferno opens its mouth and shoots bolts of fire at the Sandshrew from its mouth. Sandshrew dodges and dives into the ground using Dig. Baltoy's eyes glow blue and it tosses Inferno using it's Confusion attack. Rattata tackles Inferno and makes it fall to the ground. Sandshrew jumps out from it's hole and hits Purrloin using it's Scratch attack. Purrloin faints. Ace calls Purrloin back to it's Pokeball.

"Haha! Do you give up?" Sandshrew trainer smiles.

"No way! I will never give up! Now Inferno use Ember on Cacnea!" Ace shouts. Inferno prepares to use Ember attack.

"Cacnea quick! Absorb!" Cacnea absorbs Inferno's power. Inferno's Flame is getting bigger and Inferno is getting Psyched. Everyone's shocked.

"That's...Blaze Ability!" Ace smiles.

"CHIIIIIIM-CHAAAAAR" Inferno releases a big red-orange stream of fire from its mouth at the Rattata, Cacnea, Baltoy and Sandshrew. Sandshrew digs a hole and dodges Inferno's attack. All Pokemon (Except Inferno and Sandshrew) faints. Inferno jumps into a hole and uses incredibly strong Ember attack which causes a Eruption. Sandshrew flys out of the hole and faints. But Inferno can't calm down. Ace trys to calm Inferno down. But he slashes Ace repeatedly with its fingers, but then Inferno suddenly faints. Sandshrew trainer recommends Ace to run quickly to the Pokemon Center and Ace starts running to the Jerisso Pokemon Center.

"Argh.....Life would be 10 times easier if Emonga wouldn't attack my Staraptor." Suddenly Ace notice that there's a Pokemon Center a little futher. Ace is shocked cause he never tought that there's could be a PokeCenter in the middle of Desert. He reaches PokeCenter and quikly gives he's Pokemon to the Nurse.
    Ace fells sleepy, he decides to stay at the PokeCenter for a night.

"Good Night everybody..." Ace goes to the bed and falls asleep.

Last edited:

xeyj

Dark Type Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Xeyj had been walking for about 20 minutes when a crocodile like pokemon jumped out in front of him, he couldn't believe his luck, he was only on the first route and he had already ran into something that evolved into a Grass/Dark type and a Sandile, a Ground/Dark pokemon already.

Xeyj sent out Cacnea knowing the type advantage, he was going to name the Cacnea once he healed it up, so he still called it Cacnea in battle.
    "Cacnea, use Absorb if you know it" Xeyj commanded.
    Cacnea used Absorb but the Sandile jumped out of the way and latched onto it with its jaws, and used its tail to kick sand into Cacnea's face.
    When the wild pokemon let go Cacnea was lying still on the ground, half buried in sand with x's on its eyes.

"I don't think I can manage this one" Xeyj said to himself. He recalled Cacnea into its pokeball and ran passed the Sandile, but it wasn't going to give up now. It turned around and ran after Xeyj intent on attacking him. "I can help you with that if you want" Xeyj heard a voice in his head say. "Sure"! Xeyj yelled,
    "You do not need to speak, I can read your thoughts"
    "Okay, but can you hurry with the helping part"
    "Do not rush me, you may not like the consequences"

Suddenly a Baltoy jumped out of a nearby dune and span around until sand near its base started to fly up into the air, then it charged at the Sandile, who still hadn't seen the helpful pokemon flying towards him. When the Baltoy hit the Sandile everything seemed to go into slo-mo for a few seconds and then the Sandile was lying on the ground motionless.

"I don't think I've ever seen a move like that" Xeyj thought.
    "I added my own touch to it, moves are not set in black and white, a pokemon that knows how can easily add or remove things from their attacks if they deem it necessary, which I did".
    "I didn't know that"
    "Obviously"
    "There's no reason to be rude"
    "You were being rude earlier in telling me to hurry, I was just repaying you"
    "Sorry..."
    "You are forgiven"
    "Would you like to join my team"?
    "Only if you manage to defeat me in a battle"
    "One of my pokemon is injured, would you stay with me until I get him healed, and then we battle"?
    "Of course, do you know where the next centre is?"
    "I have a map, but you already knew that, didn't you..."
    "Of course, there is an unofficial healer who lives nearby, you have to trade in an item of monetary value to get your pokemon healed, but the item also pays for a nights stay, and the building is quite high quality for being in a desert"
    "Can you lead me there"?
    "Would i have told you about it if i could not"

"Lead the way"

The Baltoy lead Xeyj to a giant sandstone wall that had a hollowed out entrance in the front, when he walked through Xeyj was amazed at how good the place looked, the only reason he could tell he was underground was because there wasn't any windows, the place looked almost exactly like a Pokecentre except instead of red there was green and the pokeball logo was replaced with the words "Private Healer". Xeyj went up to the counter and asked for a full restore for all his pokemon and a room for the night, the clerk said that it would cost him 2000 poke or an evolution stone, since he didn't have any stones he paid the man the poke and went upstairs.
    "Is there any chance you could get me some of that poke back"? Xeyj asked Baltoy.
    "I could try to confuse him and get him to carry it up here to you, but not a cent more than you spent"
    "I wasn't going to rob him"!
    "Do not lie, I can read your thoughts, remember"
    "Fine... I thought about it, but I wasn't going to"
    "Good, I would advise that you get some sleep, Jerisso is still some ways off"
    "Good Night"

wonderstruck

hi i'm awesome.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Dusty, tawny shafts of Karzimmian sunlight flickered into the bedroom to illuminate a tiny wooden bed where a girl was sprawled, black tendrils of hair fanning the pillow against which her cheek was pressed as she slept. Slowly, the rays of sunshine crawled over her tanned olive arms and tickled her face, whispering a sleepy hello.

"Ranza," called a deep voice in the distance. "Ranza, it's time to get up."

Still the girl slept on as she hugged her tan quilt closer and shifted against the white sheets that, like everything else in the tiny hut, were home to a layer of dust.

"Raaanza," the man's voice repeated, more insistently this time. "Wake up, or you'll be late."

Once more, he heard no response. Muttering something against her - dusty - pillow, Ranza buried her face in the threadbare cushion and flopped upside down onto her stomach. More sunbeams fell onto her wavy mop of tangles, though even then the gradually widening stream of light was not enough to highlight the entire expanse of her dark shock.

"Ranza!" By now the man was shouting. "Esperanza Tempeste, do I have to come in there and throw a bucket of ice water on you?"

The word "ice" seemed to wake her up. Ranza woke with a start and sat up as though electrocuted, dark eyes flung open. They began to sway dizzily shut before they popped wide again, even more so than they'd been three seconds ago.

"Oh Arceus! Today's the day today's the day today's finally the freaking day!" She sprang out of bed, leaving the quilt in a dusty, crumpled heap atop the thin mattress, and rushed around the room in an almost drunken excitement. "Papa! I'm coming! No need for the ice treatment, no need at all! Today's the day today's the day today's the day…"

"Alright," came the amused reply. "Hurry, though, or your breakfast will get cold. And you need to feed – er, and wake up Potato too."

As she threw on her favorite white sundress, Ranza hollered back, "I'll be down in a second!" She continued chanting her three-worded song – well, a monotonous one that consisted of three words, anyway – as she finished tugging on sepia leggings, her signature chunky bracelet, and a pair of white sandals lightly covered in sand. The huge brown beads on her bracelet clunked on her wrist as she dashed in and out of the bathroom and then into the kitchen, where her father was waiting with breakfast.

Fausto Tempeste looked at his daughter, disheveled but bright-eyed, and clucked loudly. "Look at you, chiquita. You're a mess. I will have no daughter of mine walk through the door looking like she just rolled around in the sand wrestling with a Sandile. And did you make your bed, or did you just throw your blanket in the corner like you usually do?" Ranza's sheepish look was enough to confirm his suspicions, as he threw his hands up in the air with a theatric groan, nudging her gently back in the direction of her bedroom. "Go! Go make that room pristine, and try to do the same with your appearance too while you're at it. But it's okay if you can't. I know that hair of yours has a mind of its own."

"Hey!" protested Ranza, who was giggling nonetheless. "I'll be back in a snap," she called over her shoulder as she scrambled back toward her room, still singing her three-worded mantra in a horribly off-tune voice.

The door burst open with a bang! sufficient to wake even the laziest Snorlax up. Humming under her breath, Ranza shook out the rumpled shroud that was her blanket, straightened it, and aligned it with the bedpost until it was straight. Pretty much, anyway. She was sure Papa wouldn't care that much (and if he did, she'd be long gone before he noticed, anyway), then turned to the rest of the room. She'd never noticed before, but there was a lot of stuff scattered around in the corners, to the side, everywhere. They were little things, like Pokemon doodles that she'd abandoned midway through or dirty clothes strewn across the dusty floorboards. Still, it was going to take forever to clean all of it up!

So in typical Ranza fashion, she did half the work: crumpled the doodles into little paper balls that she launched at the waste basket, which she missed half the time (thus making a bigger mess and having to jump forward to toss the balls in manually); hastily folded the clothes and stacked them on the side; and kicked everything else under the bed. Hey, it wasn't like she had that much. Well, not under the bed, anyway.

She stood and darted to the doorway before turning and surveying her room for what she suddenly realized would be the last time – for a while, I mean, she amended, a little weirded out by the implications of that. I'm definitely gonna come back after I travel around and explore. And find out what happened to Mama. No doubt about that. Still, there was a funny, nagging sensation in her stomach that she swiftly chalked up to be just nerves; after all, couldn't waste any more time dwelling on silly things when she had a journey to undertake, could she?

"Today's the da-ay," she sang gaily, already dismissing the matter and bustling into the bathroom, where she splashed cool water on her – predictably – dusty cheeks, ran a comb through her hair before realizing it was futile, and dusted off her dress best as she could. The layer of dust that still clung stubbornly to her skin didn't really bug her too much, though; it was something that you had to get used to in a desert town like Sandune, or else you'd go out of your mind (and possibly blind) from all of it. From a quick glance in the chipped looking glass, she deemed herself passable in her father's eyes and raced out the door back into the kitchen.

"There, that's better," said Fausto approvingly as Ranza swung herself onto a stool. "Here you go: a fresh helping of Pokebread and Grepa Berries. Eat up, mija!"

She reached for them, but before her hand was even halfway back to her mouth, her father interjected, "Oh, and wake up Potato. She will not want to miss out on such a tasty meal, ?"

"Muuust I?"

A stern look answered her disgruntled whine.

"Okay, fine," she sighed, putting down her warm loaf and staring at it wistfully. "But that's my bread. Don't steal it!" Papa just chuckled and shooed her off with his hands, settling down on their only other stool and reaching for the second loaf of bread. Giving him a warning look, Ranza hurtled out the door and toward the nearest pit, where she found a small orange creature curled up and dozing in the already burning sun. As usual.

"Come on, now, wake up." Ranza edged closer and clapped her hands loudly, but to no avail. She rolled her eyes. It wasn't even that she hated her Pokemon, because she didn't. But as much as Ranza reminded herself that she was lucky even to be allowed a starter Pokemon by the government, it didn't stop her from feeling disappointed and exasperated that said Pokemon's interests started at "eating," continued to "sleeping," and stopped there. Oh, whywhywhy couldn't I have gotten a nice Sandshrew, or even a Rattata? With slight irritation, Ranza stared down at the tiny Pokemon. How's she supposed to help me in battles, anyway? Swing that huge head of hers around and knock everyone out?

Again, she clapped her hands. "Oi, Potato. Wake up."

The Trapinch groaned and muttered something that sounded like "Tratratra."

"Wake up!" This time, the loud words seemed to do the trick, as Potato seemed to be coming around. At last she opened her eyes, grunted, and squinted at Ranza – almost as if she were asking, What do you want?

"It's time for breakfast, Potato," Ranza stated, raising an eyebrow in impatience and waving a hand back at the small house. "You'd better come in. It might get rough on the journey, 'cause I don't know when or where we might find the nearest Pokemon center after we set off. And, I mean, I know you like eating, so…"

More squinting. Followed by another grunt. Then the orangey-brown Pokemon slowly hoisted herself to her stumpy legs and pawed her way out of the pit. Pleased, Ranza clapped her hands a third time and led the way back to the house, checking over her shoulder several times to be sure that Potato hadn't abruptly changed her mind and decided sleeping was more important than eating. Fortunately, she hadn't, though if she had, Ranza had decided to give up. It simply wasn't worth so much effort – if the darn Pokemon was going to be purposely difficult, she concluded, then so be it. It wouldn't be Ranza's stomach that rumbled in the desert due to laziness, after all.

"Welcome back." Fausto nodded over his bread and a handful of yellow Grepa berries. "Good morning, Potato. I hope you enjoy this nice meal we laid out today."

Potato nodded back and headed straight for the table, as did Ranza. She took her seat and munched on her Pokebread as Potato struggled to climb up the table until at last Ranza took pity on the poor thing. "Here, sit on my lap," she said, trying to soften her voice. It probably didn't work, as Potato looked at her and looked like she was having some internal battle of some sort, until at last she seemed to decide that eating food was more important than having to sit on Ranza's lap.

Putting down her bread and trying not to fidget, the Karzimmian girl picked Potato up gingerly and set the - mercifully still - Trapinch down on her lap. She was surprisingly heavy, Ranza noticed: seemed somewhere between thirty and forty pounds, maybe.

Potato leaned forward and took a huge bite out of Ranza's Pokebread, much to the latter's surprise. "Hey!" she objected, trying to swipe the bread back, but Potato's jaws were tightly clamped around the loaf. "Potato. That's my bread!"

"Let her have it," chuckled Fausto, who had been quietly watching the whole scene unfold. "Here, you can have the rest of my bread." He tossed the chunk over to Ranza, who made sure to catch it before Potato could unhinge her ginormous mouth – seriously, that thing had to weigh at least ten pounds on its own – and steal it too.

"Thanks," she said and looked down at Potato. "Looks like I'm gonna have a lot to deal with, huh?"

"You will, but then you already knew that and didn't care, didn't you?" said her papa, raising a bushy black eyebrow at her. A knock to the door ended their exchange, and he rose. "I'll get that. Finish your bread by the time I'm back!"

As he bustled off, Ranza looked down at the orange creature on her lap, who had already finished the soft brown bread and was now nibbling down several Grepa berries. "You and your huge appetite," she said, trying to sound stern in the nicest way possible. "We're going to have to do something about that while we're traveling. We won't have that much food when we're on the road." The Trapinch gave a noncommittal grunt, obviously not too concerned, and Ranza let out a rushing sigh.

"That was a big sigh," Papa commented as he walked back inside. "And your bread isn't done yet. You had better hurry because the man who was just at the door was a government official."

Instantly Ranza sat up straight. "Oh? What'd he say?"

"Gave me this package and told me to give it to you." Papa handed the parcel, wrapped in rough brown paper, to Ranza, whose hands grabbed and stroked it eagerly. It was bulky and bulbous, she found, like there were little plants growing underneath it. "And he said something about you going to a Pokemon center in Jerisso, where someone will give you a Pokedex and a trainer's license to start your journey. Also something about watching out for the KLA. Twitchy sort of fellow, that one."

"Jerisso, huh? That's not too far from here. Maybe a few days at most," remarked Ranza, already flushed and grinning with anticipation. She resumed eating her bread with renewed enthusiasm.

"Indeed." Papa's glittering black eyes were looking at her in concern now. "But remember, the only route to Jerisso is through the desert, and that will be no easy feat. Also, Ranza, I have something for you and a few things to say when you're done."

"Okay." Ranza popped the last of the sweet Pokebread into her mouth and nudged Potato, who was sucking down all of the berries as though she were a wormhole. "Hey, I gotta get off now." The bug-like Pokemon seemed peeved but dipped her head, so Ranza carefully put her on the floor and walked to her father, who beckoned her further away from the table.

"First things first," Fausto began, "since the day I found out you would be going on a journey, I have been setting aside money to buy you some supplies. It isn't much, but here is a backpack to put your things in, a canteen, and Go-Goggles to use when the desert winds are particularly strong. I have filled the canteen and put it, all the Pokebread and berries I could get, a few thousand Poke dollars, and a jacket in the backpack."

Ranza accepted the items with shaky, dumbfounded hands, slinging the mud-brown bag over her shoulders and grasping the gray goggles tightly. "Papa, I… this must have cost a lot. Thank you."

"Money is nothing when it comes to ensuring my little one's safety." Her father smiled, curving his eyes into crinkly black crescents. "Second, let me just start by telling you how very proud I am of you. It seems it was just yesterday when you were but three, hopping up and down and demanding to know everything about the world. How quickly the years pass! Now you are almost fifteen and a beautiful young woman. But you will always be my chiquita, no matter how old and gray your hair may turn. Remember that."

Feeling her face split into a soft smile, Ranza spread her arms out to hug him, but he stopped her with a crooked finger. "There's more. Third, while you're out traveling the world, have fun, but be careful. Ranza, you have a tendency to run into things headlong and never consider them carefully, like you and Potato. I see the way you look at her, the way you hold her as though she is a foul-smelling bomb. There is no pleasure in the way you talk to her, and I see none of the passion that made those government officials pick you that day. You must not disregard your Pokemon simply because she is not the one you envisioned. Care for her, let her grow, and in time she will become powerful and fearsome."

"Is that all?" asked Ranza stiffly.

"Almost. Do not be mad at me, my little one." Papa reached out to ruffle her hair. "I say this not to hurt you but because I don't want you to make hasty judgments that you will regret. Be wary of the war between the KLA and the United States. Do not join either of them right away until you've thought about it long and hard, and join because you want to, not because someone else does. Nobody can make a choice for you. But above all, be safe and use your head. You will never fail if you do."

He stopped, looked down at his daughter, and finally grinned. "Now I'm done. You can hug me." Laughing, Ranza did so, throwing her arms around his sun-warmed vest and holding tight. "You and Potato should be going now, or you won't reach Jerisso in time."

"Okay." She sniffled a little and whiffed in her father's scent: fresh from Pokebread and dry, like sand. It was home. He was home. "Papa, I'm going to miss you."

"And I you," he said gently, stroking her hair. "Always remember that I love you, mi muñequita."

She hung on a little longer. Be strong, Ranza, she thought, steeling herself to let go and walk to Potato. "Up you go," she chirped, swinging the Trapinch, who seemed startled at her sudden affability, onto her shoulder and heading out the door. "Bye Papa! I'll call you as soon as I reach the Pokemon center."

"Bye, mija," he said, smiling and waving.

She walked to the edge of town, looked back at Sandune one last time. "I guess this is it, huh, Potato?" Ranza mused to the Ant Pit Pokemon perched on her shoulder. "The day I've been awaiting for so long - the day when I finally go on a Pokemon journey around Karzim. Today's that day. Today's finally the freaking day."

"Pinpinch," replied the Trapinch.

Her trainer grinned, and with that, the two set off into the desert.

Last edited:

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
    Years
  • The second day of his first journey was a hot one. Antonius was glad he started when the sun setted, or he couldn't had walked that quickly under the scorching heat. Antonius was sure there were no pokemon nearby, but Anubis kept his eyes close on his shoulder, sensing if there were some dangerous pokemon near them, which was making Antonius extremely tired due to the extra weight.

"Anubis, you can stop scanning the area with your aura tracking. You've been doing that all night." Antonius tried to shake Anubis, but he was in extreme focus and didn't respond at all.

"Anubis this is the desert. A freaking desert. If there's a pokemon we can actually see it." Antonius told him, and saw Anubis frown a little, but continued what he was doing. He saw everything in different colours - their auras and could tell things apart with it. When Antonius passed through a round cactus, Anubis jumped off and pointed at the round plant.

"It's a cactus, Anubis." Antonius said impatiently.

To him it looked like a normal cactus, but to Anubis it was something more. Just then the cactus popped out of the ground and a wicked smile appeared on his face, "Cacnea!"

"Looks stronger than a Rattatta." Antonius figured, "Alright Anubis show him what you got. Start off with a quick attack!"

Anubis charged and swept the enemy with his feet quickly, but regreted that almost instantly. The Cacnea fired a pin missle and Anubis's foot was stabbed in the middle. Anubis cried out in pain and jumped back.

"Can't reach him because of his spikes." Antonius mumbled, then told Anubis, "When he comes, use force palm on him."

Anubis nodded and his right paw started to glow red. The cacnea engaged and tried to hit Anubis with his spiky arm, but before he could even touch Anubis, Anubis shot out a massive shockwave from his paw and pushed him back to where he started.

"He doesn't have any spikes near his face, hit him now when he's down!" Antonius commanded. Anubis charged towards the startled Cacnea and whacked him in the face.

"Dodge!" Antonius shouted as he threw a pokeball towards the cactus. Anubis dodge just in time, and the ball sucked Cacnea in.

"Second Pokemon already." Antonius frowned as he picked up the ball carefully, "Remind me to catch the good ones only. The first city will need another day to get there so let's hurry up."

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    Ladies and gentlemen, I realise that this should be in the OOC section, and I've posted a duplicate there as well, but due to familial reasons, I will have nowhere near enough time to properly observe and keep going on with this roleplay. Therefore I'm afraid that I will no longer be able to be RP master. So if you want to continue playing this RP, then pleas elecet a new RP master from amongst yourselves. I'm terribly sorry, but it's truly unavoidable. I may drop in from time to time, but I won't be able to actively watch over this RP.

Back