• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Shin Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/JP builds (Bugfix, AI, and QoL patch)

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I'm on a slightly older version atm, (1.22) but am confused on how to encounter Mew. I have the other 150 owned. I know it's changed a few times. What all do I need to do to encounter him?

Complete pokedex. View your diploma. Run around the bottom floor of cerulean cave. You got one shot to encounter it.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Is there Any possibility to add mini sprites (The sprites from battle list and over world) from each pokemon in lite version and Master one?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    >TFW someone on 4chan shills shinpokered in /biz/ of all places.

I don't know who you are bro, but I pour one out to you. We're all gonna make it.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      35.4 KB · Views: 16
    Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    attachment.php

Admittedly not big on ROM Hacks being in cartridges cause of people selling them, but that GBC looks so awesome. Love the Jigglypuff art on it.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Admittedly not big on ROM Hacks being in cartridges cause of people selling them, but that GBC looks so awesome. Love the Jigglypuff art on it.

Eh...I have to play on real hardware all the time. Good sanity check for testing problems, but time-consuming.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I downloaded the beta patch. When I look at a Pokemon's stats in the menu, the HP values don't display. The bar is still there, and the numbers do appear in the party screen, they're just missing on a Pokemon's individual stat screen. This problem is not present in my 1.23.10 rom.

EDIT: If it at all matters, this bug is present both when using my RetroArch's Gearboy emulator and on standalone BGB.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I downloaded the beta patch. When I look at a Pokemon's stats in the menu, the HP values don't display. The bar is still there, and the numbers do appear in the party screen, they're just missing on a Pokemon's individual stat screen. This problem is not present in my 1.23.10 rom.

EDIT: If it at all matters, this bug is present both when using my RetroArch's Gearboy emulator and on standalone BGB.

Good catch. I made a coding mistake. I fixed it and re-uploaded the 1.23.12 patches. Should work fine now.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I noticed a couple of issues with the hotfix patch:

1. Early stage pokemon belonging to trainers no longer evolve when hard mode is active (for example trainers in viridian forest are using level 70 caterpie and weedle instead of butterfree and beedrill).

2. Super minor, but when you boot up the game it says version 1.23.10, not 1.23.12.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024

I noticed a couple of issues with the hotfix patch:

1. Early stage pokemon belonging to trainers no longer evolve when hard mode is active (for example trainers in viridian forest are using level 70 caterpie and weedle instead of butterfree and beedrill).

2. Super minor, but when you boot up the game it says version 1.23.10, not 1.23.12.

I swear, it figures...

I went ahead and generated and uploaded 1.23.13 beta patches from my current local repository. Try those instead.

EDIT: Fixed a problem with the itemfinder at the last second and re-uploaded 1.23.13

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Very cool, thank you. I downloaded the new beta patch, seems like everything is fixed. I bet it must feel like whack-a-mole with the bugs, fix one and another pops up.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Haha, I appreciate all of the efforts! I never use itemfinder so I probably would have missed that one lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I have some questions about Old Rod functionality. I just got to Vermilion City and am fishing there. From looking at the documentation and the scripts, the way I think it's supposed to work is that 50% of the time I should get a level 5 Magikarp, and 50% of the time I should pull something from the Good Rod table (Tentacool, Magikarp, Poliwag, etc.). Is that correct? Because what's happening is that I've encountered Magikarps of various levels (usually 10 but I've seen 8, 11, I think 12) and Poliwags (12 to 20). I'm pretty unlucky so before I looked it up I just assumed I wasn't getting the rare vanilla Goldeen because it's rare but based on what I've seen it feels like I'm misunderstanding something? Thanks for any clarity you can provide.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I have some questions about Old Rod functionality. I just got to Vermilion City and am fishing there. From looking at the documentation and the scripts, the way I think it's supposed to work is that 50% of the time I should get a level 5 Magikarp, and 50% of the time I should pull something from the Good Rod table (Tentacool, Magikarp, Poliwag, etc.). Is that correct? Because what's happening is that I've encountered Magikarps of various levels (usually 10 but I've seen 8, 11, I think 12) and Poliwags (12 to 20). I'm pretty unlucky so before I looked it up I just assumed I wasn't getting the rare vanilla Goldeen because it's rare but based on what I've seen it feels like I'm misunderstanding something? Thanks for any clarity you can provide.

So, you're on 1.23.13 beta now. Rods have undergone some tweaking in the master branch. Here is how they currently work:

- Changes to fishing
    • - All rods have an expanded level range
    • - Old rod can fish up two kinds of pokemon (depending on the current map constant value)
      • - Magikarp or Goldeen
      • - Magikarp or Poliwag
    • - When using the old rod, press and hold B within about 1 second to always hook a magikarp
    • - Good rod can fish up three or four kinds of pokemon (depending on the current map constant value)
      • - Poliwag, Horsea, Krabby
      • - Poliwag, Krabby, Goldeen, Psyduck
      • - Goldeen, Psyduck, Shellder
      • - Goldeen, Shellder, Horsea, Tentacool
    • - The Route 12 Fishing Guru is now visitable upon first reaching Lavender Town
    • - Swapped location of Good and Super Rod

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Ah yes, looking at the wrong documentation would explain why I was so confused.

Thank you!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Before anyone asks, I had to re-do the 1.23.13 beta patches again. Certain house interiors were broken. Turns out that one house in viridian city is re-used in a whole bunch of places.

Back