• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Shinies

Years
    I've never once encountered a shiny pokemon in any game, and probably never will. I have horrible luck when it comes to this kind of stuff -.-

I also remember fainting the red gyarados and saving the first time i played gold

Years
    Apart from the red Gyarados and the Egg with the 50% chance of being shiny, I found a shiny Misdreavus and Hoothoot.

I never knew about that until well after my Crystal's battery died and I essentially couldn't play it anymore. While it worked, I must have restarted it 10 times, out of which 4 times I got to Goldenrod City. None of those times was my egg ever shiny.

Years
    I don't know why I never got a shiny from that egg that the old man gives away... I've restarted so many times -_- Not that I wanted a Jynx shiny or a Magmar, but still =/

The only one I found in Crystal was a Rattata, next to Goldenrod City after beat the E4. Never bothered to train him xD

Years
    In the last week, I have encountered five shinies.
    Three of those were in my Diamond Nuzlocke, but the other two were in Crystal- a shiny raticate on route 43 and a ponyta on route 26. I caught them and named them GlitterRat and ShowyHorse (names of undeniable "why would I do that?". Oh well)
    I can't really remember any others (THE Gyarados excluded) clearly (My HG, being Gen IV, is excluded), but I think there was a shiny tentacool at some point...

Back