• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Wow people you amaze me, y'all arent slacking off like I do! I'm going to breed new shiny team for coming Omega Ruby and beat the game with that team. Well... Not the entire team, practically I have 3 Pokemon I need already. :)

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Shiny Mudkip!! By Jove, this luck is absurd!!! Mudkip #2637 is shiny! My first SS shiny, and now I have all of the shiny Hoenn starters!

Going back through January, that's 7 consecutive hunts that were successful sooner than the average. "lol" they were even under the 5678 median, with the longest of the 7 hunts taking only 3628 encounters. I wonder if I'm pushing some all-time shiny luck records, "lol."

Wow G, it looks like your luck's been soaring!
    I finally managed to pick up a shiny this summer- a beautiful shiny spearow after 14,038 REs in Leafgreen. Moving on to a Johto starter hunt now just to try to get soooomething else for the International Shiny Hunter's Cup.

Congrats on the Spearow, TSE! Feel free to take some luck for your Johto starter hunt - we have tons of extra luck to go around!!!

Caught a shiny Camerupt in a safari last night! Love me some Ground-type Pokemon :)
    ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

She has Magma Armor, Quiet Nature, with IVs in HP, Atk, and Spd.

Congrats! Camerupt's a really cool shiny!

SHINY DWEBBLE!

Congrats on the Dwebble! Finding such a rare Pokemon as a shiny must be really awesome, haha. Hope you get the Deino soon!

Wow people you amaze me, y'all arent slacking off like I do! I'm going to breed new shiny team for coming Omega Ruby and beat the game with that team. Well... Not the entire team, practically I have 3 Pokemon I need already. :)

Good luck! Which Pokemon are you going for? You should take some of the club's luck and try to get all three at once or something, haha! :pink_laugh:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Shiny Mudkip!! By Jove, this luck is absurd!!! Mudkip #2637 is shiny! My first SS shiny, and now I have all of the shiny Hoenn starters!

Good luck! Which Pokemon are you going for? You should take some of the club's luck and try to get all three at once or something, haha! :pink_laugh:

Congratulations on your luck once again. I'm going to breed Shiny Vulpix for sure, I already have Shiny LV 1 Milotic, Eevee with Anticipation and Rotom, If Gamefreak will give Shiny Beldum I will take it for sure, for the last one I think I'll go with Mudkip.

Years

Going back through January, that's 7 consecutive hunts that were successful sooner than the average. "lol" they were even under the 5678 median, with the longest of the 7 hunts taking only 3628 encounters. I wonder if I'm pushing some all-time shiny luck records, "lol."

Congrats on the Spearow, TSE! Feel free to take some luck for your Johto starter hunt - we have tons of extra luck to go around!!!

What is with you and your luck buddy?xD Watch you hit some awful drought now though. No, scratch that, keep going!
    Apparently I did steal the luck because after 2700 something starters seen, I found a Cyndaquil today! After 3 Totodiles and 3 Chikoritas that's exactly what I was hoping for.
    Forgot to mention that I guessed both the Bold nature of my Spearow, and now the Relaxed nature of my Cyndaquil too. I think I'm psychic O_O

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Hello everyone, looks like there's an outbreak of shinies lately, specially starters.

Congrats G on all those shinies, you are in a really nice streak this month. keep up the good work.

Congrats TSE on your shinies too. Maybe you should do a psychic quest.

Congrats on you dwebble Mistressofmightyena, nice bug pokemon, I wonder what name are you going to give to it. Also get well soon.

Congrats on shiny camerupt superstrenght79.

Congrats Razer on you shiny eevee.

Congrats on shiny hoppip velveteenwolf.

Congrats on machop Ghost lunis.

And Congrats on any other shiny gotten so far.
    Also Welcome to all new members, hope you enjoy your stay in the club.

Now, time for my update:

First one, the pokemon that represents emotions:
    caught on august 19th in platinum
    And the unova fire starter:
    got from bianca in black2 today

And with this two I complete the August Challenge.

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • Hey guys!
    Haven't been hunting much lately- finally decided to keep it up again, and found a shiny Magmar in the first few minutes.
    She's Hardy with Vital Spirit- I named her Whiskey, and got to work evolving her into a Magmortar.

->

Hopefully I'll come across that Fletchinder soon.

Happy hunting! :15:

Years
  • Right now I am competitive breeding a Tyrunt with it's elemental fangs, hoping to get a shiny version. Right now I have the following shinies:
    Aegislash - bred it myself
    Exeggutor - friend gave it too me
    Metagross - traded for it here
    Venipede - traded for it here
    2 Raikous - wonder trade

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • Was playing some good old Mario 3D World on the Wii U when another shiny Larvesta showed up.

Male - Flame Body - Calm

So far I've come across a shiny Magmar and two shiny Larvesta on my hunt to reclaim Fletchinder.
    (Not including the Larvesta and Fletchinder that I lost, sparking the reclaim missions in the first place)

Congrats on all those shinies, guys!

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
  • Wow there've been loads of shinies sparkling up since I went on holiday to Pleasure Beach (I'm hoping a few of you know where that is). Sadly I didn't really get the opportunity to hunt while there as I forgot to bring most of my electronics although while I was down there I did see a person wearing a Pikachu hoodie, a person wearing a T-Shirt with a Pikachu on it and a person wearing an Umbreon hoodie, I saw them each in separate queues. Just thought I'd give it a mention as its not often I see any fellow Pokemon fans outside of my group of friends and on the Internet and because I wanted to see out of curiosity if one of these people might of been any of you guys.

@Enderjay Congratz on the Larvesta
    @Chr. Draco Holy Shoot that Mesprit looks awesome and that Tepig as well.
    @TSE Congratz on the Spearow and Cyndaquil
    @G-Money Congratz on the Mudkip, Squirtle, Piplup, Mankey and Chikorita. GEE that's some luck isn't it? (Bad puns, gotta love em)
    @MistressofMightyena Congratz on the Dwebble,
    @Superstrength79 Congratz on the Camerupt, real nice colour as well
    @Razer302 Congratz on the Eevee, thats a real quick hunt for such an awesome looking shiny.

Congratz on any other shinies that were found that I didn't include above

I'm mainly focusing on training a team at the minute so I can battle a friend who has wanted to battle against me for a while and its always nice to get the bragging rights >:) I would like to hunt while I train but as it turns out I'm not the best at multi-tasking on top of that I've got a few books to read that I've been putting off for a while so I'm not sure how long it will be before I hunt again.

Good luck on your hunts everyone!

G-Money

Years
  • I...I...the...
    SHINY CHIMCHAR!!!!

This is getting absolutely insane. I restarted Platinum after trading my Piplup to SS (yay for walking with shinies!), and Chimchar #396 is shiny!!! It appears as if my luck is regressing to a mean of a shiny per Pokemon, haha. I was expecting my hunts to start taking longer, but they're actually getting in shinies in the 3 digits now. "lol"

I also noticed a few things when hunting in X/Y:

1) You no longer need to hit Select when SRing!!! Start, L, and R will do it now. It only took me 210 Froakie SRs to realize this, haha. It makes SRing a bit easier.

2) You can change the language when going for shiny starters!! Not only does this make the opening conversation bearable, but it actually makes SRing somewhat enjoyable when you can learn some words in other languages, haha. :pink_laugh:

3) The Pumpkaboo size differences are really noticeable!! I didn't even know there where differences when I first played through, but when REing, you can really tell when you're being attacked by giant Pumpkaboo, "lol."

I hope I didn't use up all of my luck before my upcoming Ruby Ghost Quest, haha. I only get one shot at that, or I'll have to wait another week before REing there again!

*realizes he's permanently forfeited all rights ever to complain about shinies...ever*

Spoiler:

EDIT: And now it's time for...

The September Monthly Quest: Angels vs. Dodgers!!!

Happy September! This is the last month of regular season baseball in the MLB, and the two Los Angeles teams - the Angels and the Dodgers - are both leading their respective divisions with about a month left to play. Pick a side and collect shinies for your team to determine which LA team will be given the luck of the shiny hunters!!

To complete the quest, you must select one of the two options below. Standard weighting applies.

Option LAA:

1) Find a Flying-type shiny!
    2) Find a shiny fish!
    (Naming it Mike is optional.)

Option LAD:

1) Find a shiny with a base Speed stat of over 110!
    2) Find a blue shiny!

May the best team win! We'll see which side has more winners when the contest concludes at midnight EDT on October 1st, 2014.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • Congrats on the Magmar and the Larvesta, Enderjay! Hope you can reclaim that Fletchinder soon!

Thanks! I hope Fletchinder shows up soon too.
    I was going for it again today- had my 3DS to the side while watching Game Grumps, and another shiny Magmar popped up.
    Different gender this time, so I'll end up keeping it. Named him Bourbon- he's Naughty with Flame Body.
    I probably won't end up evolving him, since I already have a shiny Magmortar.

Together at last!

As far as other news, I'll definitely be doing the LAA challenge this month- hopefully Fletchinder will be my Flying type!

Good luck getting that Tyrunt, DDDchu!
    And congrats on that Chimchar, G-Money!

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Hello all. Finally found the last shiny hoppip last night while watching tv. I couldn't help but celebrate and everyone was looking at me wierd. Explaining my excitement didn't make it less wierd. Im so jealous of those shiny starters. I only have shiny Charmeleon and I haven't found any more in the safaris. Im definitely doing the ponyta hunt because I always wanted it, Rapidash as well. I wont freak out like that one kid online did. I might try to use the repel trick. Good Luck everyone!

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
  • Hello all. Finally found the last shiny hoppip last night while watching tv. I couldn't help but celebrate and everyone was looking at me wierd. Explaining my excitement didn't make it less wierd. Im so jealous of those shiny starters. I only have shiny Charmeleon and I haven't found any more in the safaris. Im definitely doing the ponyta hunt because I always wanted it, Rapidash as well. I wont freak out like that one kid online did. I might try to use the repel trick. Good Luck everyone!

Is this the guy your talking about? The one who freaked out over the shiny Ponyta?
    If so he's the guy who inspired me to hunt XD That was an older video and his live reactions now are less energetic. Still energetic but not so much as in the Ponyta vid. But you gotta admit it was a pretty awesome reaction (unless you were wearing loud headphones).

Sent from my phone so please excuse any grammar or spelling errors that were most likely caused by predictive text -_-

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Yeah, that's him. That's when I found out what extremes people went to get shines. Classic reaction. Can't think about Ponyta/ Rapidash and shiny hunting without thinking about this guy. I showed my sister and shes like " your not going to go that extreme and crazy, are you? Having all those systems to look for one shiny?" I try to keep my excitement to a minimum or I'll freak the whole neighborhood. I am thinking about it but its easier now in X and Y to find them, so ill stick to two, for now

Edit:
    While looking for Shiny ponyta in the friend safari I found a shiny Charmeleon! I'm going to evolve it into a Charizard since I have Charmeleon. Now I need shiny Charmander. Still looking for Shiny ponyta. Its my first friend safari shiny and I had just turn on the 3ds and saw 4 pokemon when he popped up.

Edit:
    Got shiny Ponyta! Was watching tv and when I looked down there it was! Maybe I can find another.

Edit:
    I can't believe my good luck! Just got another Shiny Ponyta! Definitely evolving it into Rapidash! Maybe I'll get shiny Braxen. I tried safari hunting before, but never with this much luck.

Last edited:

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • I can't believe my good luck! Just got another Shiny Ponyta! Definitely evolving it into Rapidash! Maybe I'll get shiny Braxen. I tried safari hunting before, but never with this much luck.

Congratulations on that crazy luck of yours! I should go for Ponyta eventually- it's one worth hunting for.

Already got half of the monthly quest out of the way, since I've just found myself a Gentle/Flame Body Fletchinder.

After two shiny Magmar and two shiny Larvesta, he finally decided to show up! Named him Cognac, he'll be my new egg hatching lead and Fly HM.
    And now that Fletchinder and Larvesta are back where they belong, that brings all of my reclaim quests to an end! I'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Attempting to chain-fish the second installment to the challenge- I've never had any luck with it before, so we'll see how things turn out.

G-Money

Years
  • 12500 Mt. Pyre encounters
    1602 Froakie

That shiny Duskull will be mine!!! I've been hunting like mad all week, haha.

Spoiler:

*returns to biking all day everyday on Mt. Pyre*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    "But I'm afraid Friend Safari and chain-fished shinies aren't counted for the Quests - they still count for the club, though!"

Does that mean the Ponyta I caught do not count for the random encounter? I can still catch another one in my other games if that is the case.

Shiny Talonflame is awsome! Need to get one. Congrats!

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • Congrats on reclaiming all of your shinies, Enderjay! But I'm afraid Friend Safari and chain-fished shinies aren't counted for the Quests - they still count for the club, though! Sorry if I didn't make that clearer in my post.

Aw, seriously? I've completed quests before, using the Friend Safari (a few months ago, I caught a Hoppip, Pikachu, and Dedenne for the Yellow challenge).
    I was never called out for it until now. I guess that means that effort never really counted as a quest, huh?

That kinda stinks. Although, it does spice things up a bit- things'll get a lot more challenging.
    So to make it totally clear, the only options I have are MM and RE/SR?

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
  • 13331 Mt. Pyre REs

"But I'm afraid Friend Safari and chain-fished shinies aren't counted for the Quests - they still count for the club, though!"

Does that mean the Ponyta I caught do not count for the random encounter? I can still catch another one in my other games if that is the case.

Aw, seriously? I've completed quests before, using the Friend Safari (a few months ago, I caught a Hoppip, Pikachu, and Dedenne for the Yellow challenge).
    I was never called out for it until now. I guess that means that effort never really counted as a quest, huh?

That kinda stinks. Although, it does spice things up a bit- things'll get a lot more challenging.
    So to make it totally clear, the only options I have are MM and RE/SR?

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. But we made rules for the Quests at the beginning of the year, and it would be unfair to change them now when people have already been hunting for eight months under a certain set of rules.

Basically, the "standard weighting" is scaled to hunting in Gens 3-4-5, so for hunting in X/Y, one would have to, for example, find two blue shinies and two shinies with 110+ base speed in order to complete the LAD Quest.* Since Friend Safaris and chain-fishing have better shiny rates, they were weighted to keep the quests more challenging; they're technically allowed, but you need to get proportionally more shinies in order for them to qualify. Since Gen 3-4-5 shinies occur at one-eighth the frequency of a Friend Safari shiny, you would need 8 shiny Ponyta from a Friend Safari in order to complete the Weekly Quest. Of course, you can follow the Quest ideas to make your own personal challenges/goals and hunt in the Friend Safaris as a personal hunt, but it just wouldn't be credited as official completion of the club one.

I hope that clears things up. I should probably start posting weighting explanations with each month's post.

*I'd actually like to change this and start scaling it to GenVI, for several reasons:

• A lot of hunters will be playing OR/AS when it comes out, and it only seems fair to include any shinies found playing through;
    • We don't want to disincentivize playing the new games;
    • X/Y have been out for almost a year now, and eventually there's going to be a new generation of hunters who only have games with 1/4096 odds;
    • It's not really fair to say that people need to catch twice as many shinies when they're from full odds on a main game and from a method such as REs/SRs/MMing.

We can't change the rules in the middle of a Quest, as it would be unfair to everyone who searched for 1/8192 shinies at the beginning of the year. However, I'd be up for making the October, November, and December Monthly Quests weigh 1/4096 shinies as equal to 1/8192 ones, and apply this to Weekly Quests starting in October and the Yearly Quests starting in 2015. Under this system, one would need 4 Friend Safari shinies to complete one portion of a given Quest rather than 8, since everything would be scaled to GenVI odds. Let me know what you guys think and if there's a lot of disagreement/different ideas, we could make a poll or something.

Back