• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    I would like to join the Shiny Hunters Club. However I do have to mention that the last game I played religiously was Emerald. And I never owned a DS, I played my family members because I was much more into PC gaming. Still I have always loved Pokemon. I originally started with Red and Blue version back in the good ol' Gameboy days. For the longest time I was debating on getting my own DS but I never went through with it. Currently, I have a 3DS XL on it's way. I broke down after years and really question why it took me as long as it did to go through with it! But X/Y and ORAS have forced my hand. So here's the thing. Being that I don't yet have my 3DS XL ( Will have it middle of next week) can I still join being I will be having it soon? On a side-note, I want my very first shiny to be a pikachu, so that is what I will begin my hunt with! So anyways, I think I have went on long enough. Please let me know if I can join. Looking forward to being a part of this community.

- Nepharym.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • Nice to meet you, Nepharym. The more hunts and hunters, the merrier!

The club tends to be more of a hunt gathering and discussion spot, so you shouldn't have issues joining. One of our staff will likely give you a post reply sometime soon.

I hope you manage to get a Pikachu as your first, but you'll likely be facing a fair few encounters before you can breed or encounter a place full of Pikachu. Best of luck!

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Thank you very much for the welcome Runasutaru. I appreciate it. Looking forward to hearing from the staff. I kind of figured a Pikachu wouldnt be my first shiny. But I did kind of hope lol. Again it has been a minute since I have played a Pokemon game constantly, so as far as the location or point in the game where they are I didn't know whether it was more toward the beginning or what. Thank you for the insight :)

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I guess ill join! I do not have any shinies, nor have I caught/bred/traded for any. I even failed to catch red gyrados. I am using the masuda method to obtain what will be my first shiny: a noibat!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 8478 Johto starters
    4962 Bulbasaur
    Unprecedented quantities of Moor of Icirrus encounters

Letting the Trainer Card count my Moor of Icirrus and Relic Castle encounters keeps making me think that I've done so many, haha. It'll be interesting to see how many I end up with at the end, "lol."

Hey shiny hunters! So I recently picked up White 2 and wanted to try soft resetting for a shiny starter.

Good luck, Paperhana! Which starter are you thinking of going for?

May madness - FINAL UPDATE!

WOW!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, PAULTHAGEROUS!!!!! You might've just accomplished the greatest month of any shiny hunter ever!!! Way to go, dude! Anyone else would be tremendously successful to get as many shinies in an entire year as you did in a month, haha. That's amazingly awesome!!!

Hello, old and new hunter friends!

Welcome back, Runa!! Congrats on the Keckleon! Any hunts you're going on now?

I would like to join the Shiny Hunters Club. However I do have to mention that the last game I played religiously was Emerald. And I never owned a DS, I played my family members because I was much more into PC gaming. Still I have always loved Pokemon. I originally started with Red and Blue version back in the good ol' Gameboy days. For the longest time I was debating on getting my own DS but I never went through with it. Currently, I have a 3DS XL on it's way. I broke down after years and really question why it took me as long as it did to go through with it! But X/Y and ORAS have forced my hand. So here's the thing. Being that I don't yet have my 3DS XL ( Will have it middle of next week) can I still join being I will be having it soon? On a side-note, I want my very first shiny to be a pikachu, so that is what I will begin my hunt with! So anyways, I think I have went on long enough. Please let me know if I can join. Looking forward to being a part of this community.

- Nepharym.

I officially welcome you to the club, Nepharym! We're really glad to have you! Hope you'll have a lot of fun on your new 3DS XL and good luck getting that shiny Pikachu! :)

I guess ill join! I do not have any shinies, nor have I caught/bred/traded for any. I even failed to catch red gyrados. I am using the masuda method to obtain what will be my first shiny: a noibat!

Welcome to the SHC, BadSheep! Good luck on your Noibat hunt and may it be your first of many, many shinies! :)

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • (...)
    Welcome back, Runa!! Congrats on the Keckleon! Any hunts you're going on now?

I might breed myself some more competitive Pokémon soon, so I'll definitely be trying to use some of my 4-5 IV foreign males on those (after passing any egg moves). Aside from that, I'm still casually working on the old Gen IV no-Masuda IV-bred Everstone Shiny Nincada hunt while watching shows online. 4000+ eggs in 500+ hours and counting! The lengths I go to for a Swords Dance Shiny Shedinja with good IVs...

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    Hello there! May I join this club? As for the shinies I own, I am a very avid shiny collector so I have quite a few =)
    Caught/hatched by me:
    Poliwhirl (chain fishing)
    Feebas (chain fishing)
    Dedenne (Hatched)
    Chikorita (SRed from Birch)
    Tepig (SRed from Birch)

And these were all traded to me, apologies for the terrible pictures! It would take me quite a while to list them =P
    (Everything in the boxes are shiny)
    Shiny Vivillon Collection
    Spoiler:

HA and non HA starter Pokemon collection (in progress)
    Spoiler:

Battle Ready (more to be added as I am currently training up a few shinies)
    Spoiler:

Other 5/6 IV shinies
    Spoiler:

Trophies
    Spoiler:

Also some legendaries and other 5/6IV shinies, but they are currently on another game cartridge (X) at the moment! I can provide separate pictures of each shiny if you like, but it will take quite a while.
    I am collecting shinies in hopes of being able to hold large giveaways on a different Pokemon forum, and hopefully maybe here too if it is successful c:

Currently I am hunting a shiny Vulpix with the Devnav in AS, I would really love to have a nicknamable shiny Ninetales <3

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    Hey i havnt posted in a bit .ive got the shiny charm now and its doin its job ive got shiny zekrom,cobalion,azelf,eevee,electrike,whismur and wingull. so im pretty
    happy with that. next targets are luxio and dialga

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be an official member! Counting down the days for my 3DS and excited to start hunting!

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
  • *Exhales* Never again, do I want to experience exams. Even though I know I have to

Congrats to Paulthagerous for getting 31 shinies + a shiny Pichu in the 31 days of May. Congratz on each individual shiny Some of it seemed absolutely insane: I swear I read something like 5 in 4 hours in one of the posts.

Congrats to shiny collector on the Zekrom, Cobalion, Azelf, Eevee, Elektrike, Whismur and Wingull
    Congrats to The Crystal Flaffy on the Eevee, Nuzleaf, Lillipup and Lotad
    Congrats to Electrizard on the Luvdisc
    Congrats to Paperhana on the Pancham and Croagunk
    Hey there Runasutaru and congrats on the Kecleon

I've increased the number of REs on my Chansey hunt but other than that not much for me to report:
    Zorua (Black): 1230 eggs
    Chansey (Diamond): 4100 REs

Good luck on your hunts everyone!

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Thanks G-money and Spritingyoshi22! It was a lot of fun!

And yes, there were 2 days with five shines each - and there were days with 500 horde encounters and 0 to show for it. So you have to take the good with the bad. On some of those days I managed 800ish encounters, which would mean an average expectancy of 3 shinies, so 5 isn't ridiculous. Just like 500 hordes you would almost expect 2, so not getting even 1 is a bit frustrating! Marill is taking a lot longer to MM, over 1000 eggs now with an expected 1/512 rate :( Can't really complain though given how quick Pichu was!

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    hey guys ive been getting bored hunting shinies in my AS cause i felt like i have nothing left to do but hunt shinies so i started up a new game on my OR .First thing i start doing is sring for shiny torchic lol. After about 3-400 srs i got him! im gonna try the gift latios since i dont have the eon ticket and ive been having some good luck lately.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2015
    Hey I would like to join if possible. I haven't shiny hunted much but i have two shines in Omega Ruby which are a Aron from a random Horde and regigigas which was completely random and I got lucky catching it i was just trying to get all of the legends. I am going to be doing a shiny map quest in omega ruby starting with either wurmple or poocheyna because i like bothe of their shiny forms also might do a shiny badge quest in white 2.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 5721 Bulbasaur
    11598 Johto starters
    Enough Moor of Icirrus encounters to make a katamari big enough to be a moon

I've now passed the median on Bulbasaur, the mean on Johto starters, and the Moon on Moor of Icirrus encounters! :P

The June Monthly Quest!!

Happy June!

To complete this month's quest:

Find a Grass-type shiny and a Flying-type shiny!

Chained and Safari Pokemon are not eligible to count for the Quest.

The contest lasts until midnight EDT on July 17th, 2015.

Good luck and have fun!

I might breed myself some more competitive Pokémon soon, so I'll definitely be trying to use some of my 4-5 IV foreign males on those (after passing any egg moves). Aside from that, I'm still casually working on the old Gen IV no-Masuda IV-bred Everstone Shiny Nincada hunt while watching shows online. 4000+ eggs in 500+ hours and counting! The lengths I go to for a Swords Dance Shiny Shedinja with good IVs...

Awesome!! Good luck getting that awesome shiny Shedinja (and the free Ninjask, too!)! :laugh: I've (still) been hunting for Nincada occasionally, and I've done a few tens of thousands of encounters since 2011, "lol." I might eventually start breeding and race you when I get to the end of my Ghost hunt, but hopefully you'll have had your shiny Nincada for a long, long time by then!

Hello there! May I join this club?

Absolutely - welcome to the club! Congrats on all of those shinies and good luck on your Vulpix hunt!

Hey i havnt posted in a bit .ive got the shiny charm now and its doin its job ive got shiny zekrom,cobalion,azelf,eevee,electrike,whismur and wingull. so im pretty
    happy with that. next targets are luxio and dialga

Congrats! Those are a lot of shinies you've gotten, haha!

I've increased the number of REs on my Chansey hunt but other than that not much for me to report:
    Zorua (Black): 1230 eggs
    Chansey (Diamond): 4100 REs

Good luck on your hunts everyone!

Good luck on those hunts! Zorua's a really cool-looking shiny; hope you get it soon! :)

Level grinding tonight and then SURPRISE this shows up! Pretty awesome.

Spoiler:

Congrats!!

Hey I would like to join if possible. I haven't shiny hunted much but i have two shines in Omega Ruby which are a Aron from a random Horde and regigigas which was completely random and I got lucky catching it i was just trying to get all of the legends. I am going to be doing a shiny map quest in omega ruby starting with either wurmple or poocheyna because i like bothe of their shiny forms also might do a shiny badge quest in white 2.

Welcome to the Shiny Hunters Club, Tyler2211!! I'd definitely recommend doing a Badge Quest - they sound really fun and I'll be doing one in FR pretty soon, too! We could race and see who finishes first, haha.

Place your bets! Will G-Money's take years? Decades? Will he even find the starters!? Stay tuned!!

Watch out, Kanto shinies! G-Money will find you!!
    ...but he's got to get out of Professor Oak's lab first.

- end credits from the January 5th, 2014 SHC episode

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • Congratulations on all the newest captures, everyone!

Not counting Shinies that I forgot to list I got from when I was away from the club for a long time (a fair few MM'd Shinies on my Y), I've gotten two new Shinies since my last post! I heard about DexNav "chaining" and was determined to get at least one Shiny from said method. I got a Shiny Swablu and, oh yes, a Shiny Shroomish. I, too, have a Shiny-catching Shiny Breloom like all the cool kids, now! The Shroomish actually got both my Adamant Synchronise and Poison Heal! Great success.

Disclaimer: Yes, I know Smeargle is overall better for the purpose, but not getting statused and healing passively every turn is probably worth it on any hunts where I don't need both Heal Pulse and Spore on the same Pokémon.

I acquired both Shinies in an estimated combined 1100 encounters or so, maybe more (multiple 100 chains for each). Two Shinies don't provide enough data to really prove anything, though.

I'm giving a Timid Shiny Vulpix hunt a try now. If I get it, it'll be gifted to a friend. Let's see where it ends up!

The June Monthly Quest!!

Happy June!

To complete this month's quest:

Find a Grass-type shiny and a Flying-type shiny!

Chained and Safari Pokemon are not eligible to count for the Quest.

Hey, OG! (see what I did there?)
    I wish you a lot of luck with those hunts; it really sucks to go over median and average hunt times.

I actually have a question here:
    Has anyone found a good enough study on DexNav Shiny chances and, if so and it is highly likely that it gives an increased Shiny chance, does it then fall under one of those two categories, likely "chaining"?

Awesome!! Good luck getting that awesome shiny Shedinja (and the free Ninjask, too!)! :laugh: I've (still) been hunting for Nincada occasionally, and I've done a few tens of thousands of encounters since 2011, "lol." I might eventually start breeding and race you when I get to the end of my Ghost hunt, but hopefully you'll have had your shiny Nincada for a long, long time by then!

Ha, tell me about it! My Soul Silver's clock has been running so many hours just for those Nincada eggs, and it'll likely run a whole lot more! I never did manage to hatch a Shiny pre-Masuda Method back in the days, so I have the expectation that this may never happen (or at least not in a feasible amount of time).

On a separate note, I'm a bit sad that Shedinja's two colour schemes got really muted out in Gen VI. Spotting Shiny Shedinja on the new GTS (just for funsies) actually required attention!

Well, onwards to DexNav "chaining" some more Vulpix. I'll be refreshing for more posts!

Last edited:

ThatSlashGuy

that tech guy
    Years
  • Hey guys, I'm ThatSlashGuy, but you can call me whatever. I would like to join the club cause being an avid hunter of shinies for quite some time, and just recently deciding to become active on my PokeCommunity account, I feel this club would be a good way to chat with other hunters. In my past I've found a shiny electrike in Emerald, that I migrated all the way to ORAS, and still use to this day. My current goal right now is hopes for breeding a shiny Wingull. Wish me luck!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Its possible, and there are videos of some people doing it. I personally haven't tried it, but I'll give it a go.

I wish you luck in that. The worst part about that hunt is it takes ~5 min per reset because you have to save before the team aqua/magma battle, so you have to do that every time. But I hope you get it!

As for me, working on shiny mudkip to finish my hoenn starter trio. I'm at about 500 SRs so far with no luck. Ah well.

Back