• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should the Eeveelution Line be continued in SM?

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • The Eeveelution Line is known for the wide variety of the different types Eevee evolves into, but should Eevee really get another Evolution? Do you think there should be an Eeveelution exclusive to each type eventually? Why or why not?

Bonus Question! : Do you think Eeveelutions should get a mega evolution? Why or why not?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Even though I'd love to see a Poison-type Eeveelution, I don't think they should introduce a new one for this particular gen considering we had Sylveon in gen VI. Since the third gen there's been a pattern that takes a break for every other generation, I think this is a good idea because it keeps it under control.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    They have waited every other generation, but they had also brought out two at a time, where we only got Sylveon on last time. They might have brought out two, but I think they wanted to focus the generation's new Fairy type. So I think we are due another.

Years
  • I wouldn't mind one more to compliment Sylveon, but at the same time I really don't care that much.
    It's getting to a point where there are too many eeveelutions. I don't think we will get an eeveelution for every single type, well at least I hope we don't.
    One more is enough and that will make 10 all together, including Eevee

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I kinda want a new eeveelution, yes. It's always fun :3 But we didn't had any in Gen5 and I didn't really minded.
    But as for the mega evolutions, no I don't tink I want to see this. I mean if one eeveelution has one, every others will need one too. The only one I'll like is Eevee.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I doubt that this generation would give us a new one, mainly since they are usually like, released only on even numbered gens.

As for qn2, I'd say yes, could be interesting.

Years
  • Like what some of the others said, I'm probably not expecting a new Eeveelution. Also I think Sylveon's main purpose was to showcase Fairy-type since it was newly introduced.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • Well, we got Umbreon and Espeon the generation after Eeveelutions were introduced. I know I figured that meant we'd get new ones every Generation. While we do have a good number of them, I think the whole idea of Eevee's genetic malleability is to eventually have one of every type. "Able to adapt its genes to its surroundings...as long as they're not Ground, Rock, Ghost, Fighting, Bug, Steel, or Poison!"

ZangooseClaw

Pokemon Philosopher
    Years
  • I think we are about due for at least one this generation, considering the patterns people have already discussed. Personally a Poison or Steel type would be pretty neat :)

As far as a mega evolution goes, I don't see it happening for a single eeveloution because they've always been siblings and putting one above another doesn't seem in the Pokemon spirit. Having Eevee itself mega-evolve would be a cool design but a pre-evolved form will never see that happen either.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I would love to see new evolutions of previous gen Pokemon this generation.

My top 2 choices for types of Eeveelutions this gen are definitely Steel and Dragon/Flying

Razoreon and Soareon

Pretty Wing

きれいなハネ
    Years
  • I'd love them to introduce a Mega Eevee over a new eeveelution, personally. Most likely an unpopular opinion right? Maybe make it unique in that gets a 200 point stat boost, to match it's other counterparts. She's a popular Pokémon, so I could expect preferential treatment from GF in that respect. What stats would be improved is up in the air to me, though. I'm just imagining a larger, fluffier Eeevee with nods to Ninetales/Arcanine in design.

Checkchiron

PokeArtist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I'd love to see a ghost type eevee. But that will probably not happen. Especially not in this generation. Alola/Hawaii sounds more like a tropical region, a ghost eevee wouldn't fit there.

As far as Mega-evolutions I'd only see the normal Eevee getting one and not his eeveelutions.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am not expecting one, but I wouldn't be surprised.

All of the patterns that are around are being broken. I think this is because Game Freak said there wasn't any patterns, but then they went back and saw the patterns that we were talking about. The pattern for Eeveelutions could also be broken. We still have about 10 types (9 if you don't count normal) and Megas they have to get through. So they may start speeding things up.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I would never complain about new Eeveelutions. I really like Eevee and all it's evolutions, so I'd definitely be interested in new ones for Sun and Moon. Though, part of why I like them is just because I like foxes, and dogs and all those similar Pokemon, so even if there is no Eeveelution, I hope there's some kind of new canine family Pokemon.

Years
  • If they introduce a new Eeee type, it should be poison to counter attack Sylveon, similar to how they did with Umbreon/Espeon(while also showcasing the new Dark type at the time) and Leafeon/Glaceon

Years
  • Id love a new Eeveelution but I'm not expecting one. I'd like to see Poison and Steel to come this time if we get any

Like you, I feel we may skip a new Eeveelution this generation but I wouldn't mind a Steel and Poison Eeveelution either like you said, or maybe even Dragon. I hope we do get one of every type eventually, even if they space it out.

Years
  • Even though I almost never use Eevee in any of my teams, I always like seeing a new Eevee type. So sure, why not? But I'm probably not gonnabe sad if they decide to wait another gen to make a new one.

Years
  • I can't see them making a new Eeveelution purely because there aren't any types that remain that would make sense for the region except for maybe poison. So perhaps we will get Toxeon? I think it's more likely that Espeon and Umbreon will get megas but thats just based on the whole Sun & Moon thing.

Back