• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I don't know about you but personally I'm sick of the show revolving around Ash Ketchum considering I feel it is just getting nowhere and that at the rate it's going he'll never be a Pokemon master. Loved the earlier eps but now it appears to be dragging on. Do you think maybe they should get rid of Ash as a main character (not completely) + introduce a new hero, that they should keep him or make a new Pokemon anime all together? Opinions please.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I wish you had an "Have him as an equal to aonther person in the group" option.

That's the option I would choose. This is what Diamond and Pearl is giving us. Another person equal to Ash, which would be Dawn. I'm against getting rid of Ash because he brings a uniqueness to the show that I can't figure out. I'm also against making a new series of any kind for Pokémon. I say just follow the template of Daimond and Pearl.

Ryuu Akamatsu

Oh yeeeah!
    Years
    I say make a new series all together. I'm personally sick of the same old routine they keep feeding us.

Ash loses against a gym leader. Win a few. Loses. Wins the last badge. Gets into the Pokemon league. Gets defeated and goes to another region to get stronger. Meets a new female character who happens to be a coordinator, repeat. Not to mention the fact that he's stopped with the whole "Gotta Catch 'em all" thing. Once he gets six Pokemon, he just stops. It's annoying. Not to mention he NEVER tries to catch any of the legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I'm getting tired of him to kinda x.x

The Pokemon Chronicles need to come back T.T

月Star

私の中心で照るこ? ??。
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    I'm getting tired of him to kinda x.x

The Pokemon Chronicles need to come back T.T

Gosh, the Pokemon Chronicles need to return. :D

Like previous comments say, the routine they feed us is getting stale. Not to mention, Ash does seem more annoying in the show. I wouldn't mind getting a new main character, because Ash has had his time on the anime to show us what he could do. The begining was fasciniating, but then as time went on, no one really cared what he did. I say, once Ash finally wins a Pokemon League, another hero should appear.

pokelover445

Looking for a scripter -MSG :)
    Years
    I think for each region from the games those heroes should be the characters for those episodes. Ash is a tad too boring. His voice in the D/P episodes is weird O.o

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    We really do need more hosou eps. :/ A nice break from 'IMMA GET ALL 8 BADGES AND GET CREAMED AT THE LEAGUE THEN START OVER LOLZ' and a little more spotlight on characters that need it. Why on earth did they stop?
    It's obvious that Ash is a precious gem to the writers so as long as they keep up what they've been doing with D/P and focusing a little less on him I'll be happy.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    I personnally would like an end to ash, ie. at the end of sinnoh, he wis the league, then we zoom out to see our next main character watching him on tv? possible new beginning? I dunno, I just want something that at least feels fresh, even if it isn't.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    When Ash says bye bye, so am I. I can't imagine watching Pokemon without Ash and Pikachu. there was the chronicles, but they were horribly boring. I want to see him win the league and achieve his goal, which will happen when the games end or if they decided to switch the main character, who would just have the exact same goal anyway because the games are repetitive like that. I'm gonna get people telling me that it's called Pokemon because it's about Pokemon, not Ash, but to me, the Pokemon anime is about Ash's journey.

Er, as well as advertising the games.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I want chronicles back. It was far more interesting seeing others in the spotlight. Misty at the Gym, Prof. Oak's Lab... Ritchie's Journeys in Kanto and Sevii. They were very different and very enjoyable.

Shayminiscute124

Beginning Ev Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2017
    I think that Ash should stay just change a few things. Like he needs to try to catch legendaries. Seriously, when he sees a legendary he's like "Wow, that is amazing............" That really needs to change and his voice in the Diamond/Pearl episodes is really annoying. So is Team Rockets.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    the whole pokemon show is based around ash and him becoming a pokemon league champion eventually.

they have been building it and i firmly believe he will win the sinnoh league after they gave elite 4 air time and explained the process....

think about it first series showed us he didnt train his pokemon to a high enough level apart from really 1 and he could not handle its power

johto showed us again he couldnt his strongest pokemon quickly enough and he ended up using pokemon he didnt use in the johot gyms apart from charizard.

it also showed how over reliant he was on charizard....

hoenn showed us he is getting better and built a balanced team and trained them all well....and he eventually lost to the champ

then battle frontier showed us he is good enough to use various pokemon to beat the best of trainers

this region is one step further and he will win it. they have even given each elite 4 member air time and explained the process...

after this i believe it will be another mini series like battle frontier but this time it would be elite 4 series...he will lose this

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Well, well, well. It seems no one likes him AT ALL. Really.

I don't care. As long as he is here, I AM here. Ash and Pikachu is part of the reason I'm still alive AND watching.

Actually, think about this. Why can't a league winner travel to a new journey? It's not like "If you win, you can't be main character anymore". Maybe he'll get a little snooty/snotty and then have a new rival make him lose. He will then grind at his loss and then he'll travel around that new region to retain his old self: ambitious and... whatever. Forget the last part. Focus on the league-winner-travel-to-new-region part. Think.

EDIT: Ah, I forgot. I like the pun in his name. No, not "gotta catch 'em all", but Ash "Ketchup". I love this... Now wait a second. I was here to support him, not to make clean jokes out of him. Oops, got carried away.

Last edited:

Synx

A Pro Newb
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2008
    MAKE a new one. everything keeps happening over and over...

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
    I like Ash as the protagonist, but the thing I cannot stand is the new voices of everyone. Pokémon needs to get the old actors back, and make good stories again.

Fluffy Clouds

Is not really active.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 20, 2017
    I'm sick of Ash, actually. He's probably going to lose the Sinnoh league, and then it'll keep going on, and on, and on. Add somebody else; try a spin off again so it doesn't get all boring and whatnot.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    They've flirted with all three of these options.

However, the option of keeping the anime the same as it's been thus far has seemed to make the most bankable option.

It works for me; I actually like Ash, despite the fact that a lot of people hate him for being too much of something or other. His voice CAN get annoying, but you learn to get over it.

I don't mind Ash, especially now that he has my favorite Pokemon ever on his team. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back