• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokeemerald] Sideways Stairs

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • I hate to say it, but using the git pull method gives me a ridiculous number of conflicts. I don't suppose you have the SHA's of the relevant commits? I'm surprised that you've regularly been merging into that branch after completing the function, makes it quite hard to untangle.

The stairs themselves look damn good though!
    The commits on that branch were submitted under the name of "Evan".
    Making a copy of that branch and using git log --author="Evan" will give you a list of the commits they submitted.
    I'm gonna drop it here just in case anyone else needs it.
    Spoiler:

I suppose the merges with Pret/Pokeemerald can be safely ignored.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I hate to say it, but using the git pull method gives me a ridiculous number of conflicts. I don't suppose you have the SHA's of the relevant commits? I'm surprised that you've regularly been merging into that branch after completing the function, makes it quite hard to untangle.

The stairs themselves look damn good though!

Sorry about that! the branch should be fixed up now.

Years
  • im having trouble with this, there are sooooo many conflicts its kind of hard for semi new people like me, on what needs to be kept or removed etc etc

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • im having trouble with this, there are sooooo many conflicts its kind of hard for semi new people like me, on what needs to be kept or removed etc etc
    We talked about this through DMs on Discord, but I may as well mention it here so anyone else can benefit.

The branch in which Ghoul is hosting this feature is closer to Pret in terms of updates than the branches from the Pokeemerald-expansion.
    As a result, trying to pull the branch in a project that uses the Pokeemerald-expansion introduces a huge number of merge conflicts.
    The best way to implement the feature at this point in time, is to add its own changes into your project manually.

GitHub has a nice feature called "Compare", that lets you compare the commit history between 2 branches, which makes this easier to handle.
    You can compare Ghoul's sideways_stairs branch against Pret's or his own Master branch, to see all the changes that are exclusive to his sideways_stairs branch.
    https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/compare/master...ghoulslash:sideways_stairs

Years
  • I've ported this to Pokefirered, if anyone needs it:
    https://github.com/Greenphx9/pokefirered/tree/sideways-stairs

You can use this tileset for the sideways stairs tiles (borrowed from the one in this post):
    Sideways Stairs

Back