• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prylace

Mamoru's Stunt Double
    Years
    Ok my Cubone egg just hatched while on a bike... the other two eggs still haven't hatched though, probably because it's Larvitar eggs.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Just to clarify some things:

Coin Case - Cafe in which you talk to man who's lost all money gambling
    Chansey - ONLY in Safari Zone this game... not Unkown Dungeon like RBY
    Wireless Adaptor - does not function with RuSa, but can function with Emerald
    Steps on bike - DO count towards eggs, they should do at least
    Islands 1-3 don't need anything. 4-7 need National Dex (which is 60 Pokemon in PokeDex and defeat of Elite 4), 8-9 require tickets from Wonder Spots.

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    In FR/LG where is the highest level wild Pokemon found (before beating the E4)? I'm trying to level up my Pokemon and I am only finding levels 30-50 of wild pokemon in the Victory Road. Or where is the best place to use the VS Seeker?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I would recommend using the VS seeker at the top of cycling road, when you're in view of the six bikers/cue balls. Usually at least four of them will want to challenge you again, and their teams are worth 1500 exp. or more each, on average. And the highest-level pokemon you can fight before the elite four are the pokemon on Two and Three Islands as well as the pokemon in the grass before Victory Road...go for Victory Road, though, you'll have a higher chance of encountering something worth battling...even though there are Persians, Fearows, and Weepinbells/Glooms on the islands, odds are you'll encuonter a Spearow or a Meowth, not worth fighting.

Prylace

Mamoru's Stunt Double
    Years
    If you breed your starter Pokemon (Charizard, Blastoise, or Venusaur) can you have the offspring learn the powerful move from Island 2? Or can only the Pokemon you started with learn the move? (I'm talking about Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon)

Years
    Well if it is the same pokemon as your starter. Ok lets say you started wit charizard, and you breeded charizard and got a charmander and leveled up your charmander to a charizard, would'ent that charizard be able to learn the same moves as your started charizard? Yes, so your answer is yes.

Prylace

Mamoru's Stunt Double
    Years
    Yes go on the SS Anne and get the HM Cut from the Captain of the boat, then you can cut down that tree.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    as far as i know there isnt one,
    by move i presume you mean like sunny day/rain dance?
    there isnt a power-up move like that for most pokemon types,

then again you could mean a move like calm mind etc?
    and if thats the case then it depends what pokemon you are using,
    if you have a dragon pokemon with high attack etc
    its 'swords dance' and so on

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    There's also STAB (Straight Type Attack Boost). If a Dragon type Pokemon uses a Dragon type attack, the damage will be multiplied by 1.5 unless it says otherwise (there's this one attack that only does 40 damage regardless).

Other than that, use Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, etc, etc.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Yup... although it isn't really 12.5% It's much less than that. Apart from the Dragon Fang though... that's the only item. For moveswise, Calm Mind is the best one to use, since Dragon attacks are classed as Special and not Physical. ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back