• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Single player or multiplayer?

Years
  • There are a lot of game types out there, and some of them are single player while others primarily focus on multiplayer.

What kinds of games do you tend to enjoy more?

Years
    • Seen today
    Single Player.

Unless it's 'couch multiplayer' and I can socialize in person, I'd rather play alone.

Sometimes I'll venture into online if a single player game has those features though. It can be fun competing or testing myself.

BWZ

Days
    • Seen today
    Mostly single player.

I used to play a lot of different multiplayer game genres before, but eventually I got tired of them, either because I lost interest or because the genre itself has massively declined in quality (looking at you MMOs)

The only multiplayer games I play nowadays are fighting games. Because the path of the warrior never ends :coolrim:

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Single player. Minds cooperative multiplayer less. Depends on the context, though. Asks how much the other players depend on you. Dislikes it when it is a lot.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I'll enjoy most games singleplayer. There are specific games where I'll get them with the intent to play them with friends (Final Fantasy XIV, Monster Hunter Rise, Minecraft, 100% Orange Juice) but that's because those games are usually made in order to be multiplayer experiences. I barely ever played games with other people growing up, so it's often just been a singleplayer hobby and the social aspect comes from talking about games I've played online with others.

Those multiplayer experiences are really fun though.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Pretty much always single player. I do enjoy multiplayer games but so many of them are pvp and I am not into that at all. I'm much happier doing multiplayer in a cooperative environment, but I also don't really play the same kinds of games as most of my friends, so with the exception of Final Fantasy XIV I just don't really play multiplayer stuff online at all.

I do also love couch coop, but I only get a chance to play it these days when I visit my brother or vice versa. :(

Years
  • I strongly prefer singleplayer. I'll try some multiplayer games from time to time, but most of them are not interesting to me. Last one I played was Master Duel, which I still return to every few months for an hour or so to scratch my Yu-Gi-Oh! itch. I don't really see an appeal in the endless grind and FOMO tactics.

Years
  • I prefer single player for the most part - especially for the more story heavy games I typically lean towards. It's way easier to appreciate that sort of thing without someone talking in your ear and distracting you usually. But it's not like I don't like multiplayer at all either. Multiplayer co-op stuff is fun as is the occasional bit of friendly competition. Even narrative-focused games can be alright with the right company. It's just not my immediate thought for how I want to enjoy something.

Days
  • Strong yes for single player i can play a session whenever i want. i don't like twiddling my thumbs in an empty lobby for half an hour :sadwick:
    Party/couch multiplayer is different and lots of fun with close family and friends.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I used to be heavy on the multiplayer side, but as I am getting older and I feel less and less inclined to be competitive anymore so I lean more towards single player and coop games to have a more relaxing experience.

From time to time I do have some competitive multiplayer games still, but rare and few inbetween

Years
  • I prefer playing any game you can solo or isn't pvp, so yeah I'll play an MMO if it has the option for PVE since your not competing against other players. I just am not a fan of pvp multiplayer.

Back