• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sinnoh Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    I just finished EV training up my Buizel(still lv 23, lol)to use in the Battle Tower, and i just lost to Palmer again today, once i get that Buizel to lv 50, that Dragonite is Dead

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    =) I am so happy I have caught 2 Shinies today, both with the perfect nature! My Shiny Magnemite also is holding Metal Coat. How rare?

Edit: make that 2 Magnemite, and it had a Metal Coat too =o.

Last edited:

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Well, I bred some Torchics today and came upon a sad situation...

(note, I'm trying to breed a mixed attacking Torchic)

I find one with a Naughty nature, and has 29 IVs in Attack, and 21 in Sp. Attack. But his speed only has 3. I worry that his low speed will make him useless in battle...

But, to pick myself up, I found myself a Lonely Torchic with 28 in Attack, and 13 in speed. Still not that great, but it'll do.

Afterwards, I was very pleased to find a Bold Evee with IVs of 30 in both of his defenses. Guess who's evolving into an Umbreon tonight!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    well, i'm going to start EV training up my Shuckle, once i get the 2 power items, i'm going to train him up in Def and Sp. Def

Years
    I started chaining for the first time yesterday and my highest was 6 Buizels which I got twice. Other than that I kept getting lots of 3s, 4s and 5s or nothing at all really.

I'm determined to catch my first ever shiny

I've also been levelling up my Pokemon in the process and completing the Nat Dex

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    Feeling of accomplishment...

After 6-7 years of playing pokemon games, after endless nights with no sleep...ive finally done it......ive finally caught a SHINEY POKEMON!!! YAY!!!!....its a Ponyta with blue flames....i feel so reliefed that i finally caught one...its about time...i wanna know when everyone caught there first...

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    I've been breeding Murkrow and I hatched a shiny Murkrow with Roost, Drill Peck, Astonish and another move I can't remember. I also got a female Piplup, Totodile, and the grass sinnoh starter (forgot the name) off of the GTS. I don't need a female chimchar because that's what I started off with. Now I can get starters with egg moves!

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    wow: a shiny tale

warning. this tale may cause your heart to break and/or make you cry.:)
    well not really but i did just find a shiny budew level 16 after a 3 chain and 2 minutes of searching im so happy
    its now a level 40 roselia and will become a great part of my team as a roserade which i will evolve it into at level 57 when it stops learning new moves.
    it will join my team with....
    my level 92 shiny weezing my third pokemon caught on pokemon emerald at level 15 i absolutely adore him and he has stuck with me through it all (brokeback mountain?)
    my level 91 empoleon met at level 5 don'cha no hes not bad hes got good defense :D
    my level 60 latias yeah ill admit not as good as the rest and to be honest, not my favorite but he knows some good moves so yeah..
    my level 51 blastoise i met this al level 5 aswell i traded it from my leaf green and i instantly fell in love with the little squirtle
    my level 51 dragonair although this was met at level 30 and not as impressive as the rest i still like it it just sits there until i have the urge to train it which i will someday

thats it enjoy and talk to me :D

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    (Nvm, it got moved)

Well, consider yourself lucky, but then again, shinies never have the right nature/ivs so I don't even want them on my team. =P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Shinies only have the right nature/ivs when they're hacked. Lawl. But major congrats on the Budew, maxxa. That's gotta be the quickest hunt yet. ^^ And Yoshi318, congrats too on shiny Ponyta. They rock... I have an army of them. :3

Hmm yeah, I went underground this morning in Diamond to find a few Skull Fossils and transfer them to Pearl to soft reset for a shiny Cranidos. No luck so far. I also hatched some Gible. Nothing much else to do in my game but somehow I'm hitting 500 hours.

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    oops moved :D
    lol thanks i was so happy
    my bro has a linoone and an exploud lol

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Shinies only have the right nature/ivs when they're hacked. Lawl. But major congrats on the Budew, maxxa. That's gotta be the quickest hunt yet. ^^ And Yoshi318, congrats too on shiny Ponyta. They rock... I have an army of them. :3

Hmm yeah, I went underground this morning in Diamond to find a few Skull Fossils and transfer them to Pearl to soft reset for a shiny Cranidos. No luck so far. I also hatched some Gible. Nothing much else to do in my game but somehow I'm hitting 500 hours.

My favorite memory with the Pokeradar was starting a Chain with a Shiny Sentert.

My second Shiny Magnemite had next to perfect IVs, but it has Sturdy >.<... it's lowest IV was 7 in Special Attack, everything else was above 20, both were Modest at least... I normally don't have a problem with natures, but seriously the only time I'd worry about IVs is for certain strategies/hidden power, otherwise as long as your stat is above 300 or near 300 with EVs, you should be fine...

Besides that, I got a Shiny Dusclops... too bad he was Calm, I might be able to run a pure support set, but that'd be if I didn't fear him being my last Pokemon, I'm going to try chaining Duskull later, I ended up chaining Shuckle because it would've been Duskull had Emerald not been in my DS when I picked that patch...

Years
    I got a few decent (well decent for me) chains going after the 11 Ponyta's. I had 8 Shuckles and caught 4 or 5 of them, a chain of 6 Weepinbells, 5 Chatots and some smaller ones.

I'm getting better at it though

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
    Beat John 5 Times Whilst Singing Mika Big girls XD
    Caught A Larvitar *EUGH Finally*
    And I Got I Managed To Finish EV Trianing Alakazm XD

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Aww where are Sentret at, ShadowTails? I wish I could hunt for that. So cute and pink. Nice collection too. :3 Lol my friend got a shiny Mag too but I think hers sucked. Lucky you. Most of my shines have bad stats...

Hey J.M., where are you chaining Ponyta at? At Route 210 during the day, their encounter rate is 50% and that's very good for chains. That's how I got a chain of 126 with them. Easy as chaining Bidoof but more valuable. ;D I also suggest bringing master balls or a mean looker since Ponyta can activate the Run Away ability sometimes.. Or maybe shinies like running just from me gah. *cries in a corner again*

Years
    Aww where are Sentret at, ShadowTails? I wish I could hunt for that. So cute and pink. Nice collection too. :3 Lol my friend got a shiny Mag too but I think hers sucked. Lucky you. Most of my shines have bad stats...

Hey J.M., where are you chaining Ponyta at? At Route 210 during the day, their encounter rate is 50% and that's very good for chains. That's how I got a chain of 126 with them. Easy as chaining Bidoof but more valuable. ;D I also suggest bringing master balls or a mean looker since Ponyta can activate the Run Away ability sometimes.. Or maybe shinies like running just from me gah. *cries in a corner again*

I actually did it in the rainy route. I was trying to find Gligar with the Radar and kept running into Ponyta's. So then I decided to chain Ponyta and got a chain of 11.

I have plenty of Master Balls :P

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I just got a Shiny Patch of Beautifly on route 224, my chain was at 3 I really wasn't expecting it, it doesn't look much different though, haven't caught it yet, quick ball didn't even shake once and broke open...

edit: Gosh what is this thing? a legendary?...

edit2:40 something balls later...
    Sinnoh Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Last edited:

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    lol i hate finding shinies with bad catch ratio :( (damn tentacool got away cause of it)
    i evolved my roselia i now have a level 47 roserade shiny :D
    im so happy im gonna go looking for lotads :D

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Yeah, me too. I finally caught it though... took long enough XD... I wasted over 40 balls catching it...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back