• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Approved: Skype Event!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • Hosts: Leaf Storm, countryemo, droomph & TSS_Killer

Alrighty, soo this would be my 2nd year hosting this massive skype event :D There's...not much to plan except for the emblems and the thread. The thread's layout, however, will be provided from Sotomura since it's a "core" event. Another thing we need to discuss is availability. Last year I was so caught up with school, I had to multitask, so it was kinda hard for me. With my current school schedule this year, it wouldn't be much of a problem since I'm home most of the day and go to school during the evenings. So I can take over the mornings/days.

In the meantime, we should exchange our skype names so that way we'd have each other added in advance. :D

Skype Name:
    iheartstephanieabrams (Leaf Storm)
    countryemo16 (countryemo)
    tsskiller (TSS_Killer)
    droomph (droomph)

Things to do!
    ~Thread
    ~Emblems
    ~Thread Layout/CSS (will be provided)

If anyone has other ideas, you can discuss!

Final draft.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
  • For my call, I would like to discuss some aspects about BW2's North American launch and Anime events. Of course, other subjects will be discussed, but as per normal with my conversations, we will go with the flow and see where that leads.

On that note, we also need to discuss when the calls in question will take place.

BTW, the skype name here is tsskiller.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Just added ya, TSS :)

Sometimes most of the convos can be random, but if you like to assign a theme for your hosting calls, then that would be fine! It's be great to discuss at least something! xD

Since the event will start at 12 am EDT on Monday (which is 9 PM my time Sunday) We'll add the people who just added us and actually start our first call of the night there.

The thread is being written up as we speak. So I'll have a draft up sometime on Friday.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • This is the thread draft I have for now. (sorry for the delay...got caught up with homeweeeeerk). I'm still waiting for Travis to see if he can some up with the emblem idea. I'll be on the lookout for one as well, and if not..I can just whip one up on PS.

Thread draft has a bit of CSS, but it won't be used for the thread layout we'll be given. But I'd like opinions, though! What's missing? What should be taken out? etc?

Spoiler:

Actually, I just realized that GTX starts on Monday night instead of Sunday night...I'm going to hope that I get out of Spanish class by 8:15 pm and get home on time for the event. xD

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Sorry, don't have PS anymore, and I don't know Gimp. ect that well. but it should be something snazzy/"pop" with PCX.

Oh yeah, threads nice.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • my free times (UTC -7 for the time being):

Note: if I can find out how, I can probably leave it on during my away hours, but that's not going to happen b/c of monitoring behavior, my laptop's crazy, etc.

-3:00 PM M-F school ends, ~3:10 free depending on conditions-
    3:00~9:30 PM Monday, will probably idle for hw, etc.
    3:10-5:00 PM Tuesday, have band practice
    3:10-~9:30 PM Wednesday
    3:10-6:00 PM Thursday, have piano class
    3:10-4:30 PM Friday, have game, if not, 7:30 for church.
    ~6:30~9:30 PM Saturday, have practice
    ~12:30~9:30 PM Sunday

I know it's not a lot of time, but that's what I have. If I don't have any "filler" time, I'll be the background guy, making emblems and stuff? I dunno, I'm not very good at art, but I'll try.

Oh, also! Can you guys tell me how to host a conference IM/voice chat?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • If you can provide any idea for the emblem, that would be awesome!

I'll volunteer to help you out with the IM/Group Conference call. Just tell me a date and time and I'll be there (but not after 4, I'm at school @ 4 lol). At least you'll get to do *something* :P

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I think Mondays after school would be a good time.

And also, there's no band practice next Saturday (28th) and I'm not going anywhere so that's also when I'm free. Whole day yo

I dunno, that's the GT right?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • That's perfect. That'll give you a chance to host and stuff!

OKAY GUYS, I got the emblem done. :D

Skype Event!

Fabulous Skyper
    It was a great honor to have you at the GTX Skype Central! Thanks for celebrating PC's 10th Anniversary with us!

Also, I'm going to edit the thread and send in the final draft. All we need left is thread layout that Sotomura will provide us, and we're pretty much all set! I have all of you added and stuff, so all we need left is for Monday night to come!

countryemo

Years
  • Seems a little washed out, like a layer of blue was just layed over it. No offence, lets see. Wow I designed every Skype emblem for the last two years. Try adding, a dark black / colors theme, like the banner. I'll try working with some program to see if I can get somethhing for you guys to see.
    * GT-X! *

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • So what's the final schedule? I'm free Monday afternoon and Saturday until 6 PM, and maybe Sunday. Is that quite enough for me to qualify as a host? I feel bad that I can't host all seven days...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Seems a little washed out, like a layer of blue was just layed over it. No offence, lets see. Wow I designed every Skype emblem for the last two years. Try adding, a dark black / colors theme, like the banner. I'll try working with some program to see if I can get somethhing for you guys to see.
    * GT-X! *

Try https://pixlr.com/editor/ , it's the online version of Photoshop. xD

I actually did this last night during programming class because I had to stay in for lab and I had nothing much to do. xD I'll see if I can re-edit to make it darker. I added the blue to match the Skype logo.

My other idea would be finding a picture of someone actually "skyping" but all of these screenshots are eh.

So what's the final schedule? I'm free Monday afternoon and Saturday until 6 PM, and maybe Sunday. Is that quite enough for me to qualify as a host? I feel bad that I can't host all seven days...

Those days are alright, droomphie. xD We still have TSS_Killer and countryemo who seem to be available for most of the event. Don't worry about mornings PDT either, because I somewhat have those days taken care of.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • That's the main purpose of the thread. xD Especially to those who are new to skype, they can post their screen names on the thread and we can add them. Either way.

countryemo

Years
  • It should be mandatory that they post here,
    1) Easier to keep track on who joined
    2) Extra Verification
    3) And we add them/they add us, it dosent matter.

Ok all host got all host?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Went ahead and added the "post your screen names in this thread" at the final draft. Moved it to the first post inside spoiler.

And yes, I added everyone! I'm pretty much all set. :D

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
  • All right, I'm ready to rock and roll at midnight EDT this evening. This should be a fun week and I'd like to see the community's input on the subjects I have planned.

Back